1056 posts
170 upvotes
clippers vs rockets= freethrow challenge. hack-a-jordan vs hack-a-howard/smith
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
gotrice wrote: clippers vs rockets= freethrow challenge. hack-a-jordan vs hack-a-howard/smith
I say that fouls away from the main action where the offensive player is not part of the offensive play, should be a 1 shot unsportsmanlike technical foul with retained possession. This way each player could only do it twice before fouling out.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5983 posts
159 upvotes
Psubs wrote: I say that fouls away from the main action where the offensive player is not part of the offensive play, should be a 1 shot unsportsmanlike technical foul with retained possession. This way each player could only do it twice before fouling out.

why reward a player who cant shoot free throws with a tech foul.
this is simpler, learn how to shoot your free throws.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8822 posts
1218 upvotes
Tomy wrote: why reward a player who cant shoot free throws with a tech foul.
I have to agree. If they can't shoot free throws then they need to learn to shoot them !!!
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Tomy wrote: why reward a player who cant shoot free throws with a tech foul.
You're not rewarding that player. I thought about awarding the player 3 FT's but that would be rewarding. Instead, it eliminates the main reason to reduce the points per possession and gets the ball back.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
TheRealVinsanity wrote: I have to agree. If they can't shoot free throws then they need to learn to shoot them !!!
I completely agree, but it does slow down the game entirely. As an avid nba fan I like the chess play between coaches, but I can see how a casual audience would hate it and change the channel. I think it's more about ratings and excitement than anything.

I still don't get how they aren't amazing at free throws. It's a fundamental. I've seen the sports science segment on how difficult it is for big men (jump to the 4min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhS5F7ubJs), but your job is to put the ball in the basket. Find a way.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
victory01 wrote: I completely agree, but it does slow down the game entirely. As an avid nba fan I like the chess play between coaches, but I can see how a casual audience would hate it and change the channel. I think it's more about ratings and excitement than anything.

I still don't get how they aren't amazing at free throws. It's a fundamental. I've seen the sports science segment on how difficult it is for big men (jump to the 4min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhS5F7ubJs), but your job is to put the ball in the basket. Find a way.
Well, your muscles are fatigued. Usually those that shoot FT's above 85% are not that muscular.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
Psubs wrote: Well, your muscles are fatigued. Usually those that shoot FT's above 85% are not that muscular.
Get used to it! You ever have those mini nets that clip onto a door? I bet with enough practice I could shoot at least 60%. I know it's awkward but there's a way to compensate and find a sweet spot.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
I thought during the Hack-a-Shaq era, he was getting fouled hard, when he had the ball. I didn't think it was this away-from-the-ball foul nonsense.

In any case, all four series tied at 1-1; it's going to be an amazing 2nd round of playoffs!!! :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: I thought during the Hack-a-Shaq era, he was getting fouled hard, when he had the ball. I didn't think it was this away-from-the-ball foul nonsense.

In any case, all four series tied at 1-1; it's going to be an amazing 2nd round of playoffs!!! :cheesygri
That's because he was the number 1 offensive option and sometimes was able to get an And1 opp.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5983 posts
159 upvotes
rockets-clips game was horrible last night.. the refs were so inconsistent.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8822 posts
1218 upvotes
Damn... 5 fractures on Wall's left hand/wrist. Looks like the Wizards run could be over this post season.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
didnt see the game but 64 fta?.

LMAO.

NBA can be so pathetic sometimes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5983 posts
159 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote: didnt see the game but 64 fta?.

LMAO.

NBA can be so pathetic sometimes.
more like 50 FT as a lot of them were hacking d12, but regardless.. the refs were awarding FT to houston, yet they dont make the same play on the other end.

and ariza did well on griffin at the end and he ran out of gas as well.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Damn... 5 fractures on Wall's left hand/wrist. Looks like the Wizards run could be over this post season.
That is a big blow. An insanely huge blow for the Wizards. Wall had been one of the top players in the playoffs thus far.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1856 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Happy Mother's Day from LeBron.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Psubs wrote: His buzzer beater was better than Rose's flukey bank shot. He did to an MJ push off to get open in the corner! lol
That was the ref's doing one last deed to give Cleveland a chance to win it. Free time out to draw up a play. Great shot nevertheless.

Although that drive would be a foul earlier in a game, that was an okay no-call at the end of the game, which is quite common.

I don't mind 2-2, it's a great series to watch.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8822 posts
1218 upvotes
28 free throws for DeAndre Jordan in the first half. It took almost 90 minutes for the first half to finish tonight... lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)