Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
joeyjoejoe wrote: Nets became a more legit contender... but only for the next 1-2 years.
Joe Johnson wins in this trade. Now the guy doesn't have to be the #1 option for offense.

The guy's about to get paid $21 mil to take a back seat and gets paid $20+ mil until 2016.

Prokorov is running this team like a fantasy team. I hope he considers the bench too because they're paper thin. You can't have KG and PP playing 30+ mins a game and expect them to go 100% in the playoffs. They have Terry and a knuclklhead Blatche as the bench.

BTW, where does everyone think D12 is going?

I personally like the idea of Houston since they got pieces but he's going to slow down their offense (which was a huge part of their success last year). I don't see on how would that work really.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23402 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Brookside05 wrote: Joe Johnson wins in this trade. Now the guy doesn't have to be the #1 option for offense.

The guy's about to get paid $21 mil to take a back seat and gets paid $20+ mil until 2016.

Prokorov is running this team like a fantasy team. I hope he considers the bench too because they're paper thin. You can't have KG and PP playing 30+ mins a game and expect them to go 100% in the playoffs. They have Terry and a knuclklhead Blatche as the bench.

BTW, where does everyone think D12 is going?

I personally like the idea of Houston since they got pieces but he's going to slow down their offense (which was a huge part of their success last year). I don't see on how would that work really.
Plumlee will save the day when Lopez gets hurt again.

PG Terry - Telfair?
SG Brooks
SF Teletovic
PF Evans
C Blatche - Plumlee
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
218 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote: Nets became a more legit contender... but only for the next 1-2 years. Boston is conceding the next few seasons to rebuilding... but if they aren't contenders in 2 years, would Rondo stay?

Boston fans are having a rough week:
Having to watch Ray Allen win a ring
Losing in the Stanely Cup finals
Losing Garnett, Pierce, and Doc Rivers on the Celtics
and that bone head Aaron Hernandez

Makes me wonder what will happen to the Red Sox...
I think Rondo is as good as gone. But they might wait for him to come back from his injury, play a few games and get his trade value back up. I don't think he's going to be moved during the off-season.
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
[QUOTE] The Rockets met with Howard in Los Angeles represented by players Harden and Chandler Parsons, coach Kevin McHale, general manager Daryl Morey, owner Les Alexander and former Rockets greats Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon. Former Rockets center Yao Ming spoke with Howard via Skype from China and former NBA center Dikembe Mutombo recorded a video message for Howard, according to the Houston Chronicle.
[/QUOTE]
I'm surprised they didn't bring the cheering squad since we all know Dwight loves em.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
kennyhohoho wrote: This guy is way too much. Yet Lebron gets all the hate for the stuff he said to his own fans during a pep rally at their HOME arena. I don't understand people. :facepalm:

The Dwightmare continues.
lol.....D12 is a prima donna diva!!!

Should rename him Me12.....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8824 posts
1219 upvotes
Is D12 even worth all this trouble?

I thought he did before but unlike Lebron, Durant etc. he has some major flaws in his game (i.e can't shoot free throws). Plus when big men start to get hurt, they tend not to come back completely healed. My gut feeling is whoever gets him is going to regret it.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
$30M extra reasons for D12 to sign with the Lakers.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Is D12 even worth all this trouble?

I thought he did before but unlike Lebron, Durant etc. he has some major flaws in his game (i.e can't shoot free throws). Plus when big men start to get hurt, they tend not to come back completely healed. My gut feeling is whoever gets him is going to regret it.
plus his injury was a major back injury.....IMO...he hasn't looked the same since that injury and hasn't had the explosiveness and power when putting back....

Even his elevation has been stunted....huge injury....
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
d12 is just a ME player

if I was a GM the only reason i would sign him is to bring in attendance
The sweetest gyal
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
Theyre trying to move Gordon, so Evans probably be at 2
Psubs wrote: Whoa, the Pelicans may be a lot better this season.

PG Jrue Holiday
SG Eric Gordon - Austin Rivers
SF Tyreke Evans
PF Anthony Davis - Ryan Anderson
C Jason Smith - Ryan Anderson
The sweetest gyal
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
Al Jeff to sign with the Bobcats?
ugh...
He died for me, I live for him

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)