NBA 2016-2017: wake me up when the finals begin

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 9:41 am
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
680 upvotes
Mississauga
Rarely watch the Bulls/Rondo play, but this can't be the Rondo they've been getting all season, because he is awesome tonight against the Warriors. Making Steph Curry work and putting him in foul trouble. Rondo's playing like his Celtics version. Hope they can squeak out the W.

EDIT: refs tried to cheat by gifting a possession to Golden State at the end despite reviewing the play and it clearly showing it should have been Bulls' ball. Fortunately, the right team won.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I've watched the Bulls all year and they are a hot mess. Rondo moving to the 2nd unit has been a good move so far and last nights game was his best I've seen him play as a Bull. He was in attack mode instead of fishing for assists like he usually does.

To be fair to GSW they missed a lot of shots they normally take. I think once they get over the KD injury and Steph goes back to his 2015 self they will be fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
boredstudent3 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:54 pm
Exactly my thoughts. When Bogut was setting screens for GSW, he always moved his hips into defender.

It truly is a 2 team arms race haha. Would love to see them duke it out for a third time.
I want both teams healthy and equal strength. So no excuses whoever wins/loses. Should be a great rematch
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
680 upvotes
Mississauga
AoKatana wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:50 pm
Dion "Clutch" Waiters with the dagger 3 on Cavs
https://streamable.com/0vavm

If the Bulls and Heat make the playoffs, there should be some upsets.
The Heat have been playing some of the best ball for a couple of months now. But no team is hotter than Washington (ignoring the Warriors and Spurs) with a 21-8 record in 2017.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
willyxjai wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:13 pm
Bogut out with a fractured left tibia!
That's some crappy luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2794 posts
943 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
They also smile upon good guys.... Calderon picked up by the Hawks.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2548 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
makaturing wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 4:00 pm
They also smile upon good guys.... Calderon picked up by the Hawks.
I want his guardian angel! He banked 415k in two hours with gsw and now hes on the hawks with millsap and howard
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6241 posts
160 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:59 am
NBA gods frown on stacking teams....BAM, injuries to KD and Bogut...done!!
Not really the same thing. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Bogut is not KD. Not even close. The Cavs can make it to the finals easily without him and still the favourite to win it all. Without KD, GS can be beat by the Spurs and Cavs. They look mediocre right now.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 12:08 am
Not really the same thing. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Bogut is not KD. Not even close. The Cavs can make it to the finals easily without him and still the favourite to win it all. Without KD, GS can be beat by the Spurs and Cavs. They look mediocre right now.
Didn't you say earlier in this thread they were "deep as hell?" LOL told you they gutted that bench just to make room for KD. Now KD goes down and look how mediocre they are. They dont have that depth that championship bench did and now it shows.
kevindurant1 wrote:
They werent gutted. The only one that mattered was Bogut and Barbosa. They still have livingston.

They got Pachiula, David West and Durant in return. Pachulia was very good last year and Durant is probably 3rd best player in the league. Definitely the best scorer.

Their bench:

Livingston
Ian Clark
Iggy
David West
Varejao/Damian Jones

They have the option to put Klay/Durant/Pachulia in that line up. They are deep as hell
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4218 posts
680 upvotes
Mississauga
No excuses for GSW. If they don't win the Championship, they are garbage.

And if they don't win the Championship, you can't tell me Curry is worth the max $40+M/year (more than one third the salary cap before having to pay luxury tax). Mind you I don't think anyone is worth $40+M/year in sports.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1856 posts
90 upvotes
I wouldn't say GS gutted their bench. Barnes replaced with Durant in the starting Lineup, Zaza for Bogut.

On the bench they lost Ezieli (injury prone) and Speights who's a really good shooter/scorer replaced with West. They still have Livingston and Iggy. Anyone else is insignificant.

Varejao was garbage last years even in small spurts. Who else are they missing from last year?
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel