Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
EnlightenedMind wrote: Thoughts and prayers are with Jusuf Nurkic with the Portland Trailblazers after this devasting injury. It's tough to watch: https://streamable.com/gi5ta

Blazers are in trouble for the Playoffs now. Although Enes Kanter will step up, they needed Nurkic too for a deep Playoff run.
That was the worst of the worst. It literally dangled there. Far worse than Livingston, George, Hayward. Pretty much on par with Kevin Ware.
Banned
Apr 24, 2018
738 posts
38 upvotes
kenchau wrote: That was the worst of the worst. It literally dangled there. Far worse than Livingston, George, Hayward. Pretty much on par with Kevin Ware.
i was watching the game live and remember hearing something. that was the sound of his leg snapping. didn't realize what happened until i saw the reaction of some of his teammates.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
EnlightenedMind wrote: Thoughts and prayers are with Jusuf Nurkic with the Portland Trailblazers after this devasting injury. It's tough to watch: https://streamable.com/gi5ta

Blazers are in trouble for the Playoffs now. Although Enes Kanter will step up, they needed Nurkic too for a deep Playoff run.
Man, that's just sickening, hope he recovers. Kanter can't play D, he'll just score, rebound and keep letting the other team score on him a-la Greg Monroe.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham

Nasty break there....notice the ref kick Nurkic's foot as he walked by him.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
gr8dlr wrote: Nasty break there....notice the ref kick Nurkic's foot as he walked by him.
I didn't even watch that far. Basically stopped paying attention and turned away after the gruesome break. But yes, I see the ref kick/trip over him. What an A$$! Just adds to the poor reputation they already have. Need to look up the name of that ref - going to tweet them.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Nasty break there....notice the ref kick Nurkic's foot as he walked by him.
Proof that refs are actually blind.

Read that this was an open fracture (ie breaks the skin). This means there's possible infection down the line... like what happened with Alex Smith in the NFL. Hopefully that's not the case.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Ohh man that's so rough to watch; what a terrible injury. I'm just wondering why all his team mates walked away? Wouldn't they be around to console him?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
glover78 wrote: Ohh man that's so rough to watch; what a terrible injury. I'm just wondering why all his team mates walked away? Wouldn't they be around to console him?
They walked away because it was too gruesome to look at. Not because they don't care. I had to turn away just watching the video the first time, because unlike a movie, you know this is real - can't imagine what my reaction would be in real life.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
Whats interesting is that no telling how well the Bucks might do in the post-season because Budenholzer was also the Hawks coach in the 2014-15 season ended with 60 wins and Lebron swept the Hawks in the ECF. Could be similar to Casey where Budenholzer is a success in the season but completely crumbles in the playoffs. Can't tell how deep Bucks might go as Giannis is starting to slow down, seems banged up and looks to be burnt out while everyone else just chucks 3s.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1566 posts
254 upvotes
I wonder if we'll see a team in the playoffs defend Harden like the Bucks did last night.

Literally defend James Harden's left - Even if that means an open lane to his right.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3686 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
JV with another All Star performance 27-13-2
Even though they lost, GSW had no answer for JV inside the paint. Imagine if raptor make it to final and we had this version of JV against GSW....
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
Dreamrider wrote: JV with another All Star performance 27-13-2
Even though they lost, GSW had no answer for JV inside the paint. Imagine if raptor make it to final and we had this version of JV against GSW....
It doesn't matter. We don't have the coaches to run inside offense. Gasol got triple doubles in Memphis, he gets nothing now. It's not the player, it's the offensive strategy.

With that said, since we got Gasol, Raptors lead the league in 3-pointers made and are third in 3-point field goal percentage. Coincidence or ball movement, I don't know, but those are the facts. That's why "fans" have been getting free fries so often as of late. Winking Face
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
That missed free throw is going to haunt RJ Barrett for a long time. Consolation is he'll be yet another Canadian top 5 pick in the draft soon.

Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1984 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
Dreamrider wrote: JV with another All Star performance 27-13-2
It def was a bad trade - I feel they rushed into a decision because they felt they had to do something with other teams getting stronger. Problem for Raptors has always been offense and this trade makes it worse. Only benefit is you get more spacing and assists with Gasol, which means nothing if we don't make shots. Will come down to see if Gasol's offence improves. We don't throw many passes to him down low, but he misses a ton of shots it seems lately when he does attempt them.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
Electrah wrote: It def was a bad trade - I feel they rushed into a decision because they felt they had to do something with other teams getting stronger. Problem for Raptors has always been offense and this trade makes it worse. Only benefit is you get more spacing and assists with Gasol, which means nothing if we don't make shots. Will come down to see if Gasol's offence improves. We don't throw many passes to him down low, but he misses a ton of shots it seems lately when he does attempt them.
There are 2 other key considerations when evaluating the trade imo: does JV or Marc better help you convince Kawhi to stay past this season? And when JV opts out and becomes a free agent this summer how much will he command in the open market and how much are you willing to pay him to keep him here?

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JV is injured and out for the rest of the season. Now let's say that scenario happened here in T.O Would y'all have said, "Dam we should've traded JV when we had the chance".

Raptors are on the right move. Enough said, let's bring the playoff's already!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
The Wiz finally fire their GM. Talk about long overdue.

Banned
Apr 24, 2018
738 posts
38 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Westbrook just had a 20-20-20 game... WOW
if it was lebron that did it, we'd never hear the end of it from the media.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
Bucks/76ers game was awesome! and Bucks have officially topped the East and hold the best record in the league...very impressive. Their offense and defense have been stellar this season so It will be interesting to see how far they go in the playoffs as they have yet to win a series with this group. Giannis is a beast and is now hitting 3s so this team can be deadly but if Giannis's ankle doesn't fully heal by the semi-finals I think they could be vulnerable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)