Sports & Recreation

NBA 2016-2017: wake me up when the finals begin

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 9:47 pm
Apr 14, 2017
149 posts
36 upvotes
DT Calgary
Looking forward to the finals and Spurs/GSW series. Sure is weird watching a sport year after year and its already a foregone conclusion who is going to be in a certain series.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1785 posts
449 upvotes
Global Village
Houston is only playing 7 guys, no wonder they looked gassed in OT.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15542 posts
622 upvotes
Stouffville
ji2o0k wrote:
May 9th, 2017 6:42 am
Gsw sweeps Utah...goodness.....

Whoever GSW plays in the western finals will certainly be a longer series...

Cavs vs. Winner of celts/washington....not so much...

Cavs with the easier path to Finals....

i dont necessarily think Cavs had any easier path to the finals so far at least... yes both teams swept 2 teams... but Indy put up a much better fight than Portland.... GSW beat Portland by 72 pts in the 4 games... Cavs only beat Pacers by 16 pts in the 4 games... every game was within 2 possessions... 2nd round both teams beat up on their opponents... but the Raptors were tied or leading in the 4th of both games in Toronto..without their star player... i definitely think Raptors were a little tough on Cavs than Utah was on GSW...

it looks like GSW will have the tougher task in the west finals than Cavs.. but who knows... Celtics and Wizards are both interesting teams that can pose a challenge for Lebron... tho the Celtics are lucky that Rondo got injured.. i think they are out in the first round if he doesnt get injured... up 2-0 AND going home.. Chicago takes that series if healthy..
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1873 posts
92 upvotes
scoper wrote:
May 9th, 2017 10:58 pm
Houston is only playing 7 guys, no wonder they looked gassed in OT.
Dantoni did the same thing in Phoenix. He needs to expand his rotation. Houston has a good team he's got to utilize and make the most of what he has like Pops does.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4208 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
Rockets losing to the Spurs by 30pts even though Leonard is not playing. Do the Rockets not know this is an elimination game for them? Harden with only 10 pts, should sway the votes in people not picking him over Westbrook as MVP. I believe MVP doesn't factor in playoffs, but this should illustrate how Harden doesn't have the will or heart and doesn't bring it every game like Westbrook does.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5608 posts
1175 upvotes
Harden chokes again.

Spurs had 2 major injuries and still won by 40.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3627 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
Are the NBA playoffs even any good this year? I haven't been watching much outside of the Raptors and now that they're out there's not much reason left to watch until the finals where its probably going to be the Cavs vs Warriors again. Seems like everytime I watch the highlights its mostly blowout game after blowout game and plenty of domination by one team over another.

Seriously I don't know how people can enjoy playoffs like these where the entertainment and excitement is so damn bad because of lack of parity. Compare that to the NHL playoffs where its been great and very fun to watch like it usually is year after year.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Oct 2, 2010
4 posts
Toronto
I'll continue to watch NBA Playoffs over NHL Playoffs because I like basketball, not hockey. Unfortunately, I do acknowledge that NHL playoffs are closer but a lot of that is due to the nature of the sport.. regular season is more unpredictable with teams like the Cavs resting players and LeBron not playing 100%.
Nov 3, 2014
478 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not sure if that was James Harden or Kyle Lowry out there

Absolutely atrocious
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel