Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
it will get interesting if howard signs with the lakers next year and kobe plays for another 2 years after his contract expires in 2013-2014. he could get championship 7 or 8 by then. ha ha ha ha
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
it's the fantastic four. it sounds a whole lot better than big 4
have you seen boxing day? if you have any infos that can help us locate him, please contact us @ 1‒800‒867‒5309

(V)^,,,,^(V) woop woop woop woop woop
flashy_mcflash wrote: haha. Though seriously, what a ridiculous year for CG to be trendy. If there was one year NOT to spend $600 on a coat, it was this winter.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
the_fm wrote: it's the fantastic four. it sounds a whole lot better than big 4
why weren't the heat called the three musketeers? :razz:
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2007
1409 posts
106 upvotes
peppy5 wrote: it will get interesting if howard signs with the lakers next year and kobe plays for another 2 years after his contract expires in 2013-2014. he could get championship 7 or 8 by then. ha ha ha ha
He will resign. I don't see why he needs to go to Dallas or Brooklyn (maybe) since the Lakers have a strong team and they can pay him the most.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13938 posts
5434 upvotes
lakers dont mind paying luxury tax apparently...
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
4418 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Max Luckan ‏@MaxLuckan
Kenyon Martin will decide between the Knicks and the Lakers, league source said.

“He looked at me and asked ‘Who we’re getting?’”

“I said ‘Dwight.’”

“He said ‘Who is going out?’, and I said ‘Andrew’”

“He said ‘That’s all?’”

“I said, of course, “Josh, Christian, draft picks.’”

“He said ‘No Pau?’”

“I said ‘No Pau.’”

“And he jumped out of his chair and hugged me.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/kupchak-on-ho ... -the-best/

kupchak > all
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11294 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
lakers need to hire SVG ASAP.. i want him to coach D12 again and also see SPO vs. SVG lol
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8819 posts
1217 upvotes
To me, nothing would be better if the Lakers fired Mike Brown and hired Phil Jackson back.

Just the drama involved and plus, I think PJ is more ideal to handle a team with so many stars and personalities.
ji2o0k wrote: that would be SOOOO jokes...

Tho SVG is a pretty decent coach.....minus his "master of panic" moments....
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote: To me, nothing would be better if the Lakers fired Mike Brown and hired Phil Jackson back.

Just the drama involved and plus, I think PJ is more ideal to handle a team with so many stars and personalities.
the only real personality that may cause trouble is dwight... Nash is like the ultimate gel guy, Pau just goes in and plays. Kobe is there to govern and make sure everybody is there to play to win and be alpha
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4434 posts
218 upvotes
gilboman wrote: the only real personality that may cause trouble is dwight... Nash is like the ultimate gel guy, Pau just goes in and plays. Kobe is there to govern and make sure everybody is there to play to win and be alpha
If Alpha means forcing up shots, and yelling at other players for not catching bad passes, then yeah. :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
10+ blocks per game next season

lol
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
kennyhohoho wrote: If Alpha means forcing up shots, and yelling at other players for not catching bad passes, then yeah. :lol:
ya, and getting those shots in. Cant think of any other active player who's been best player in league for a decade, 5 rings and much much more playoff games and all that. can you even name one who comes close?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
gilboman wrote: ya, and getting those shots in. Cant think of any other active player who's been best player in league for a decade, 5 rings and much much more playoff games and all that. can you even name one who comes close?
stretching it a bit....
probably best for 5-6 years, and top 5 for the rest.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
If you're talking about "best" in terms of career then yea, it's either Kobe or Duncan for active players. If it's actually the best player in the league, Lebron has been that over the past 4 years.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
TheRealVinsanity wrote: New 4 year extension for Ibaka.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... extension/

Great signing by the Thunder. Really great value imo.
+2....excellent value and Ibaka's defensive stoppage wizardry will continue to develop....

Excellent excellent signing...I think Ibaka is more valuable than Harden....
mbk.2k3 wrote: 10+ blocks per game next season

lol
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
so i unsubscribed from all my nba blogs, haven't watched a single preseason game, and even declined fantasy nba.

not enough interest, or time anymore.

any significant updates? any rising stars? any surprises? major injuries? i think klove was out for a bit?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)