Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2017 4:41 pm
Nov 3, 2014
482 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's hard to argue which owner is worse, Vivek or James Dolan

ANDREA BARGNANI netted a comparable return to Cousins and the Pelicans pick might not even be in the lottery :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1830 posts
461 upvotes
Global Village
Wow, Houston adding even more offense and even less defence with Lou Williams. Outscore or lose trying.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6845 posts
223 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 12:13 am
Wow, Houston adding even more offense and even less defence with Lou Williams. Outscore or lose trying.
ISO Lou on a team that likes to run the ball? This doesn't make much sense. I guess Lou will play whenever Harden sits to rest up.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4369 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
bobbings wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 8:40 am
ISO Lou on a team that likes to run the ball? This doesn't make much sense. I guess Lou will play whenever Harden sits to rest up.
ISO Lou was merely a play that Casey ran because he has no clue how to draw up anything more sophisticated for end of quarter sets...today known as ISO DeMar. That is all on the coach.

Lou Williams was utilized much differently before Toronto and after Toronto, hence why his assists per game and assists per 36 minutes (to normalize for the differences in minutes per game) were at its lowest in Toronto. He is very capable of distributing the ball and the like. But also a capable 3-point shooter.

The Rockets lead the league in 3-Point field goals made and attempted; and are 11th in 3-Point field goal percentage 36.4%. Lou Williams this season is shooting the best in his career hitting 38.6% of his 3-Point field goal attempts.

So he's going to be able to be that spot up 3-point threat alongside Eric Gordon (who just won the 3-point shooting contest) and also be able to play some minutes as backup point-shooting guard.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4369 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
Man, Ioving all these trade rumours, although some would be bad news for the Raptors.

So one rumour is Celtics getting Butler, but the sticking point is Celtics don't want to give up Jae Crowder.

I'll admit that I don't know Jae Crowder's game all that well - I know he's decent. But Crowder plus picks for Butler is a no brainer to me. What am I missing here?
Nov 3, 2014
482 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kenchau wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 7:03 pm
Man, Ioving all these trade rumours, although some would be bad news for the Raptors.

So one rumour is Celtics getting Butler, but the sticking point is Celtics don't want to give up Jae Crowder.

I'll admit that I don't know Jae Crowder's game all that well - I know he's decent. But Crowder plus picks for Butler is a no brainer to me. What am I missing here?
His contract is super valuable in this new CBA. Crowder will be making less than the new MLE after this season which is a godsend compared to a typical 15+ million for a role player these days
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4369 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
danny3526 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 8:13 pm
His contract is super valuable in this new CBA. Crowder will be making less than the new MLE after this season which is a godsend compared to a typical 15+ million for a role player these days
I know, but this whole Jae Crowder thing has nothing to do with the financial aspect, so much as, how both sides are raving about him. Boggles my mind from a Celtics standpoint. Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 3, 2014
482 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kenchau wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 8:23 pm
I know, but this whole Jae Crowder thing has nothing to do with the financial aspect, so much as, how both sides are raving about him. Boggles my mind from a Celtics standpoint. Face With Tears Of Joy
It does when Thomas, Smart and Bradley are up for a big extension in 2018, which is why Ainge is trying to offload Smart/Bradley (no way they're giving up Thomas).

Even if they don't make a trade and draft Ball/Fultz, they're crowded at the guard spot and someone has got to go (either Smart/Bradley)
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4369 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
danny3526 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 9:41 pm
It does when Thomas, Smart and Bradley are up for a big extension in 2018, which is why Ainge is trying to offload Smart/Bradley (no way they're giving up Thomas).

Even if they don't make a trade and draft Ball/Fultz, they're crowded at the guard spot and someone has got to go (either Smart/Bradley)
Dude, we're not talking about a rumour from back in June where they offered Crowder and one of Smart or Bradley plus whatever. We're talking about now, where Boston was rumoured to only offer propsects and picks - none of Crowder, nor Smart, nor Bradley.

Chicago wants at least some right-now talent along with the draft picks, not just prospects. Like I said, the sticking point right now, has absolutely nothing to do with financials. Boston has over $20M in expiring contracts. Chicago would take Bradley just as well if offered - the dude shoots over 40% from 3-point line, and averages nearly 7 rebounds/game. The point is they don't want anyone that Boston doesn't want. They want someone relatively young and good, which is justified if they're giving a Jimmy Butler up and are rebuilding.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1235 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Chicago has the dumbest front office ever.

Fire great coach to hire incompetent coach.

Sign players that are absolutely the opposite of what your coach asked you for. (Rondo, traded Snell for another PG that cannot shoot MCW)

Trying to trade a superstar for a bag of chips and Jae Crowder
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2826 posts
954 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
Fabfive wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 9:19 am
How's that great coach doing with his new team?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5928 posts
115 upvotes
makaturing wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 1:54 pm
How's that great coach doing with his new team?
you have a point, but FabFive has his as well.. Fred Hoiberg so far, has been a pretty bad coach.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2826 posts
954 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
He was no ball of fire as a player either. :)
Nov 3, 2014
482 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fabfive wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 9:19 am
Chicago has the dumbest front office ever.

Sign players that are absolutely the opposite of what your coach asked you for. (Rondo, traded Snell for another PG that cannot shoot MCW)

Trying to trade a superstar for a bag of chips and Jae Crowder
On the Woj show around trade deadline, Woj said the Bulls turned down BOTH Brooklyn picks for Butler and Chicago wanted their veterans instead lol
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1830 posts
461 upvotes
Global Village
Looks like OKC won the day today, Westbrook's getting some help for the playoffs.