Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 5:43 am
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1253 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:26 am
I wouldn't say GS gutted their bench. Barnes replaced with Durant in the starting Lineup, Zaza for Bogut.

On the bench they lost Ezieli (injury prone) and Speights who's a really good shooter/scorer replaced with West. They still have Livingston and Iggy. Anyone else is insignificant.

Varejao was garbage last years even in small spurts. Who else are they missing from last year?
Barbosa

Bogut was huge for them though. A ton of Illegal screens did wonders for the splash brothers. They dont have anyone setting those anymore now that Varejao is gone
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6864 posts
227 upvotes
AoKatana wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:50 pm
Dion "Clutch" Waiters with the dagger 3 on Cavs
https://streamable.com/0vavm

If the Bulls and Heat make the playoffs, there should be some upsets.
Unfortunately, the upset will likely come at the expense of the Raptors...
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6725 posts
199 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 8:33 am
Didn't you say earlier in this thread they were "deep as hell?" LOL told you they gutted that bench just to make room for KD. Now KD goes down and look how mediocre they are. They dont have that depth that championship bench did and now it shows.
They are deep but without KD they arent deep enough to compete against the Cavs. You take out Kyrie and the refs on that team let see if they can compete with a full GS squad.

They cant. Thats been proven 2 years ago in 6 games and thats without Durant. Remember Lebron in his post game crying about how their talent just ran out?. They were deep then but for your depth to show up, you still need your main pieces.

And btw, I like how you remember my posts and searched it. Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2549 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Congrats to the dirk with him hitting 30k last night....found this picture over at another forum.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4460 posts
774 upvotes
Mississauga
Is Russell Westbrook your MVP for the regular season?

Commentators have made the comment that wins is a factor unfortunately, but the dude is not averaging a triple-double on the Brooklyn Nets. Oklahoma City Thunder are above .500 with a 36-29 record and probaly finish in the high 40's for wins, maybe even crack 50. So wins are not exactly lacking.

The point i make is, you take some of the leading candidates (i.e. Harden, Durant, James, Leonard) and throw them with that garbage of an OKC supporting cast (much better now with some of the trades), they can't get you a 36-29 record by now...an argument can be made for LeBron being able to do it (he's averaging career highs in rebounds and assists), but he's got a stronger supporting cast in a weaker conference and his team only has six more wins than OKC.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15583 posts
640 upvotes
Stouffville
^ when you wrote Lebrons name there, i thought u were crazy... Lebron had a 66 win season with a starting lineup of him, mo williams, delonte west, slowing down big Z and slowing down Ben Wallace...Lebron would easily have a 36-29 record with the current OKC roster...

what RW is doing is amazing... possibly going to end the season averaging a triple double.. still has a chance to half a triple double in HALF of his game (41 and tie Big O's record)... and his team could still finish 4th to 7th.. id probably give it to him...but i have no idea how you think they can crack 50?? they have 17 games left and you think they are going to go 14-3? i see them about 45-46 wins... still a great season for a lackluster supporting cast..

i may feel inclined to give it to Harden personally.. guy is having an amazing season.. and really, his supporting cast, on paper, isnt really much better than OKC... its just that these guys are stepping up their game...Ariza, Beverley, Capela and Anderson as the other starting 4.. straight name value, that looks like a pretty crappy team with some solid D in Ariza and Beverley...but what they have done has been great..(yes i know Gordon is on the team as well)...but Harden at 29ppg, 8rpg and 11apg is pretty amazing
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1883 posts
466 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 6:27 am
Is Russell Westbrook your MVP for the regular season?

Commentators have made the comment that wins is a factor unfortunately, but the dude is not averaging a triple-double on the Brooklyn Nets. Oklahoma City Thunder are above .500 with a 36-29 record and probaly finish in the high 40's for wins, maybe even crack 50. So wins are not exactly lacking.

The point i make is, you take some of the leading candidates (i.e. Harden, Durant, James, Leonard) and throw them with that garbage of an OKC supporting cast (much better now with some of the trades), they can't get you a 36-29 record by now...an argument can be made for LeBron being able to do it (he's averaging career highs in rebounds and assists), but he's got a stronger supporting cast in a weaker conference and his team only has six more wins than OKC.
It depends on how much weight you place on D, if you factor it as 50% of the game (which is what it essentially is) then Kawhi Leonard should win. If you don't and OKC gets in the West playoffs with Westbrook averaging a triple double for the season you've got to give it to him imo.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6725 posts
199 upvotes
Man, Aldridge got some heart issues.

Thats messed up. I hope he is ok.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6864 posts
227 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 3:09 pm
Man, Aldridge got some heart issues.

Thats messed up. I hope he is ok.
He should be okay. It was just an irregular heart beat. But then again, the heart is the engine that propels the whole body so he needs to be 100% sure it's not going to lead to anything major. Hope he is healthy to get back on the court soon.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
The three oldest active players in the NBA right now are Vince Carter, Manu Ginobili, Jason Terry and Dirk Nowitzki.

Carter does not have the longevity of sustained high level play like Dirk Nowitzky currently does or Jordan did late into his career.

Vince Carter scored 22 points in 22 minutes in a game today and will occasionally throw down some impressive dunks at age 40.
Dirk will be one of the all-time best players. Carter ended up being a role player after hitting age 33 or so.

willyxjai wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 7:01 pm
Congrats to the dirk with him hitting 30k last night....found this picture over at another forum.

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1883 posts
466 upvotes
Global Village
Wade out for the season. So much for Chicago's playoff hopes although you can never discount a late collapse by another East playoff contender.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5595 posts
142 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 1:04 pm
Wade out for the season. So much for Chicago's playoff hopes although you can never discount a late collapse by another East playoff contender.
Curious to see if he ops out of his contract this year and tests the market.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1253 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:14 am
Considering the gong show that is the Chicago Bulls, I wouldn't be surprised. That organization is a mess. Management has no clue which direction to go, Head Coach is a deer in headlights, the roster makes absolutely no sense the way its constructed.

I can see him taking a pay cut and going to a contender. Maybe a 6th man on the Spurs and chase one more ring?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5595 posts
142 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:52 am
Considering the gong show that is the Chicago Bulls, I wouldn't be surprised. That organization is a mess. Management has no clue which direction to go, Head Coach is a deer in headlights, the roster makes absolutely no sense the way its constructed.

I can see him taking a pay cut and going to a contender. Maybe a 6th man on the Spurs and chase one more ring?
My prediction is that he finds a way to be on the Cavaliers next year =)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1883 posts
466 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:14 am
With a player option for $24 mill next season and given this injury Wade is going nowhere else this summer, there is no other team that will pay him even close to that. The main reason he left the Heat was $.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)