Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2017 10:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1253 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
boredstudent3 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:32 pm
Smart of the Cavs to rest LBJ, Irving, and Love tonight vs LAC. They will play tmr vs LAL on the back to back, the easier of the 2 teams to face.
That was kind of a dick move tbh. Why not rest them in the LAL game instead?

The LAC game was nationally televised and it was such a huge letdown to find out they were resting. I was looking forward to watch that game since I decided to stay home. I ended up watching the Bulls/Jazz game and switching between the NCAA March Madness games in between instead.

The NBA needs to make mandatory that teams shouldnt be allowed to rest star players on those nationally televised games.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4473 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:50 am
That was kind of a dick move tbh. Why not rest them in the LAL game instead?

The LAC game was nationally televised and it was such a huge letdown to find out they were resting. I was looking forward to watch that game since I decided to stay home. I ended up watching the Bulls/Jazz game and switching between the NCAA March Madness games in between instead.

The NBA needs to make mandatory that teams shouldnt be allowed to rest star players on those nationally televised games.
This is what John Wall spoke of and how the NBA has gotten soft.

It doesn't matter nationally televised or not. Fans are at every game - they are most important, that should be reason enough to not rest stars.

Like that game between GSW vs Spurs just a few weeks ago. Kerr rested basically the entire starting lineup because they were playing like trash. That's two best records in the league, expensive game, and fans gets trash basketball.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6744 posts
201 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 11:04 pm
Devin Booker 70 points tonight against the Celtics.

He's 20. Damn.
I knew the guy has a special gift but DAMN. The guy knows how to score for real.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15583 posts
641 upvotes
Stouffville
dont get me wrong.. i am a fan of Booker.. very solid young player... but players can go off for a game here and there..

Charlie with 48 points in his rookie year....over the other 655 career games he played, only 3 of them he scored more than 30 points..

T-Ross with 51 points in his second year...over his other 376 career games, he was only scored more than 25 points one other time..

obviously, i think Booker will definitely have better careers than these guys... but just saying, u never know when someone is gonna get hot
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1884 posts
467 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 11:04 pm
Devin Booker 70 points tonight against the Celtics.

He's 20. Damn.
With only 4 made 3's and without overtime that's tough to do. His coach game-planned around maxing his points which was a good move, now everyone is talking about him and the Suns despite the loss and such a bad season. It's about selling hope over there.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4473 posts
779 upvotes
Mississauga
Westbrook willing his team into OT and with his 38th triple-double - a monster of a game!

How this guy is not the front runner for MVP, is beyond me.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1884 posts
467 upvotes
Global Village
If there was an NBA award for best passing big..

Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4240 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Cott Damn at Russell "MutherF******" Westbrook!!!!

Broke a 55 year old NBA record by recording his 42nd triple double. Got over 50pts in that triple double.
And with 2.9 seconds in the game, down by two, this guy sinks a buzzer beating 40ft THREE!!!!!

This guy is phenomenal!!!

We got Ibaka indirectly from OKC. Can we somehow get Westbrook as well. Give him max contract and a nice downtown condo to get him to come over :lol: :lol:

He did win MVP right??
Last edited by glover78 on Apr 9th, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6744 posts
201 upvotes
glover78 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 7:31 pm
Cott Damn at Russell "MutherF******" Westbrook!!!!

Broke a 55 year old NBA record by recording his 4nd triple double. Got over 50pts in that triple double.
And with 2.9 seconds in the game, down by two, this guy sinks a buzzer beating 40ft THREE!!!!!

This guy is phenomenal!!!

We got Ibaka indirectly from OKC. Can we somehow get Westbrook as well. Give him max contract and a nice downtown condo to get him to come over :lol: :lol:

He did win MVP right??
Dude is amazing. MVP for real.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)