Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2017 12:33 pm
Jan 4, 2017
106 posts
31 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 11:06 am
Griffin is gonna have a hard time creating on his own..his game is so ugly I hate watching him play. In fact I hate watching him because he's ugly period lmao.

I dont know how Melo will put Houston or Cleveland over the top...the guy is a black hole, he's Bargnani level defender. And D'Antoni already had him in NY and look how that worked out.

We'll see how Lavine comes back from the ACL injury. What I'm scared of as a Chicago fan is that is going to take away some of his athleticism and hops. I agree he did have his best season before the injury. Dunn I didnt see much of him play so I have no opinion. Picking up that #7 draft pick and picking another soft euro PF/shooter when they already have one on their roster makes no sense. Unless they are letting Niko walk (which I doubt). Regardless Gar/Pax are idiots. I cant believe they passed up on Monk and DSJ
Griffin can still beat a lot of 4s off the dribble and still has some in the tank. He can still thrive off a basic pick & roll/pop with any pg.

Melo will have to adjust to any system he joins no doubt. He can still knock down catch n shoots, and can cause mismatch issues down low if they play it him at the 3. He just isn't first option material anymore imo.

Would be nice to see Lowry end up in MIN. He would thrive there more than here imo. Another solid 2k off season so far lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4450 posts
773 upvotes
Mississauga
Rubio traded to Utah - Lowry a front man for Minnesota?

...butttt Rondo waived by the Bulls - cheaper option for Minnesota?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1878 posts
465 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 5:17 pm
Rubio traded to Utah - Lowry a front man for Minnesota?

...butttt Rondo waived by the Bulls - cheaper option for Minnesota?
Lowry would be a scary good fit in Minnesota now, TWolves may be the team he can win the most games with in the next 2 seasons that will now give him a big contract.
Rondo would be an abysmal fit there.
Feb 13, 2015
835 posts
116 upvotes
Oakville, ON
With PG going to OKC, I can definetly see Gordon Hayward going to Boston now.. the East is depleted of stars and the west is just too stacked.

Aside from Lebron, IT, Kyrie and Giannis.. like who else do you have as a superstar in the east lol
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18945 posts
1338 upvotes
th12mq wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 10:56 pm
With PG going to OKC, I can definetly see Gordon Hayward going to Boston now.. the East is depleted of stars and the west is just too stacked.

Aside from Lebron, IT, Kyrie and Giannis.. like who else do you have as a superstar in the east lol
Ummmm...DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry of course!!
Feb 13, 2015
835 posts
116 upvotes
Oakville, ON
ji2o0k wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 11:31 pm
Ummmm...DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry of course!!
That better be sarcasm lol
grappos13 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 11:31 pm
^ i can see OKC bringing in another big name possibly... after they find someone to take on Kanter's expiring contract....tho that Adams contract... even tho he is a solid player... at $25 mill a year average is too much for what he gives
Out of two I'd rather get rid of Enes. Replace him with someone like Amir Johnson who is available and cheaper. Agree with Adams as well but hes the defensive anchor and is really good on the pick and roll which is hard to find these days with bigs... Id say just they could probably live with it. Besides the Paul George trade saved OKC atleast 3 million, Oladipos contract was 21 mil versus PG's 18m/yr lol
Last edited by th12mq on Jul 1st, 2017 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1878 posts
465 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 9:55 pm
Wow ... Paul George has been traded to OKC
Pure desperation move by OKC for a 1-year rental. Wouldn't be surprised if OKC trades PG by the deadline when he doesn't commit on playing with Westbrook long-term.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2081 posts
927 upvotes
Vancouver
Wonder why boston couldn't put together a better package for PG?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2081 posts
927 upvotes
Vancouver
^So you take a significantly crappier package just to get him out of the conference? WTF, lol
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4237 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Jermyzy wrote:
Jul 1st, 2017 1:35 pm
^So you take a significantly crappier package just to get him out of the conference? WTF, lol
Yah minimize the amount of times he comes back to Indiana to singlehandedly destroy the Pacers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)