Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 6:44 pm
Nov 3, 2014
495 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 7:29 am
Looks like Thomas failed his physical.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.yahoo.c ... 10896.html
Wow that sucks, bad for Kyrie but worse for Isiah Thomas

His hip must be in really bad shape to have Cleveland think twice about doing the deal. If they void the deal, Isiah Thomas is going to be in a much more awkward situation than Kyrie lol.

Ainge mentioning Isiah could be one of the Celtics great - only to deal him because Ainge doesn't want to max him out next summer, and doesn't see him in Celtics future plans.

Kyrie will still be shopped around
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
I totally forgot that Hayward was with the Celtics.

They are rolling now. One more guy and they are legit. They have enough picks/young guys to put up for trade or they could go for PG/Cousins after next season.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4602 posts
846 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 1:36 am
I totally forgot that Hayward was with the Celtics.

They are rolling now. One more guy and they are legit. They have enough picks/young guys to put up for trade or they could go for PG/Cousins after next season.
No need. They have Tatum and they have time. This kid is good!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5859 posts
1229 upvotes
Tracy McGrady has been elected first ballot into the Basketball Hall of Fame despite injuries making the last 5 or 6 seasons of his career mediocre.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/tracy- ... 29765.html

Overall stats: 15 seasons in the NBA. Entered the league at age 18 directly out of high school.
19.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.9 blocks per game, on 43.4% shooting overall, 33.8% from 3 point range, and a 74.6% Free Throw shooting percentage.
7 time All-Star, and 2 time NBA points per game leader.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... atr01.html

The Basketball and Hockey Halls of Fame are comparably easier to get inducted into.
Both are not as elusive as entering the MLB Baseball Hall of Fame where you have to be one of the all-time GOATs throughout an entire career.

The Hockey Hall of Fame and the Basketball Hall of Fame are less selective about who enters that Hall of Greats.
Despite all that, congratulations to T-Mac.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4602 posts
846 upvotes
Mississauga
XFactor11 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:36 pm
Tracy McGrady has been elected first ballot into the Basketball Hall of Fame despite injuries making the last 5 or 6 seasons of his career mediocre.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/tracy- ... 29765.html

Overall stats: 15 seasons in the NBA. Entered the league at age 18 directly out of high school.
19.6 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.9 blocks per game, on 43.4% shooting overall, 33.8% from 3 point range, and a 74.6% Free Throw shooting percentage.
7 time All-Star, and 2 time NBA points per game leader.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... atr01.html

The Basketball and Hockey Halls of Fame are comparably easier to get inducted into.
Both are not as elusive as entering the MLB Baseball Hall of Fame where you have to be one of the all-time GOATs throughout an entire career.

The Hockey Hall of Fame and the Basketball Hall of Fame are less selective about who enters that Hall of Greats.
Despite all that, congratulations to T-Mac.
His speech was really good, I thought.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1903 posts
99 upvotes
This makes VC a shoe in for HOF.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
2884 posts
986 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 6:24 pm
Yup, VC's a slamdunk into the HOF!!
Which only goes to show the HOF is lame. McGrady is not a HOFer. I would say VC deserves it more than T-mac, for the simple fact that VC put basketball on the map in Canada. But neither of them really achieved anything in their careers.
Feb 13, 2015
852 posts
120 upvotes
Oakville, ON
makaturing wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:21 am
Which only goes to show the HOF is lame. McGrady is not a HOFer. I would say VC deserves it more than T-mac, for the simple fact that VC put basketball on the map in Canada. But neither of them really achieved anything in their careers.
I agree, I think VC has had a greater impact on basketball as a whole. Not saying T-Mac wasn't exciting and a great player but.. I'm not sure he made a big impact on the game at a larger scale or have the accolades to justify it. I mean the guy never got past the first round until 2013 when he was a bench player on the Spurs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5943 posts
121 upvotes
makaturing wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:21 am
VC for sure will be in it.. when he retires at 50.. and then we can finally retire someone's jersey.
On another note, at prime, tmac was unstoppable for 3 years. i would say he's a borderline HOF and in the eyes of the judges, i guess they thought the same thing.

so at the end, Tmac is a HOF and VC will be one.
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3589 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
A fan posted a question on Kevin Durant's official Twitter page asking him why he left OKC for GS, and Durant actually replied saying that he didn't like the organization or the coach, and that the roster wasn't that good aside from him and Westbrook. But he posted the reply referring to himself in the third person, so the speculation is that he was trying to use a fake Twitter account where he poses as a fan, but accidentally used his official account instead.

He quickly deleted the tweet reply after realizing his mistake, but the damage was done, and he apologized yesterday.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketbal ... media.html