Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 12:13 am
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3269 posts
1928 upvotes
North Vancouver
Gordon Hayward..... Hope he can make a full recovery.....
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2144 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
scv wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:39 pm
Gordon Hayward..... Hope he can make a full recovery.....
Gruesome to watch. Out for the season for sure.

BOS will need to trade for some shooting, Brown and Smart have no business chucking 3s, they are awful shooters.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5970 posts
1272 upvotes
The first game of the season on a new team and Gordon Hayward suffers a season-ending and potentially career threatening broken ankle injury.

There goes the Celtics chances of making a competitive run against the Cavaliers in the East this year.
Hopefully he recovers. Paul George was lucky to recover from a similar type of injury.

The Boston Celtics are on the hook for Haywards contract. A guaranteed $127 million over the next 4 years and Hayward is out
of action for at least one of those 4 years.

https://i.imgur.com/ejwOtoE.gifv

Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2299 posts
1047 upvotes
Vancouver
XFactor11 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 9:44 pm
The first game of the season on a new team and Gordon Hayward suffers a season-ending and potentially career threatening broken ankle injury.

There goes the Celtics chances of making a competitive run against the Cavaliers in the East this year.
Hopefully he recovers. Paul George was lucky to recover from a similar type of injury.

The Boston Celtics are on the hook for Haywards contract. A guaranteed $127 million over the next 4 years and Hayward is out
of action for at least one of those 4 years.

https://i.imgur.com/ejwOtoE.gifv

Holy sh*t at that picture!!! Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2144 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Nice comeback win by Houston! And they haven't even incorporated CP3 offensively yet. PJ Tucker was a huge get for them.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4307 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 1:36 am
Nice comeback win by Houston! And they haven't even incorporated CP3 offensively yet. PJ Tucker was a huge get for them.

Yah kudos to Houston. They're a bigger legit threat now. If they face Spurs again in the playoffs, hope this Texas team wins.

Looking forward to OKC though. I think they can be the 2nd best team in the West this year.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19268 posts
1431 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 10:59 pm
Holy sh*t at that picture!!! Astonished Face
Gruesome pic of Hayward's ankle....he'll probably have a busted knee as well from the way his leg was underneath him...

Really surprised they showed that on TV....typically cameras pan away from these types of injuries...a bit too gruesome for live tv...

Hoping Hayward makes as a full recovery...
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1324 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Man thats rough for Hayward. Hopefully he can come back from this. That was a really awkward way to land and the reaction from the Cleveland bench and crowd said it all.

As for the Houston game, I really cant see where CP3 fits in that system. Dude loves to pound the air out of the ball in a system thats predicated by ball movement and 3's. I thought Harden and Beverly were a perfect compliment in the back court last year. Nick Young is a great addition to the GSW bench, he's in the perfect system
Aug 16, 2017
83 posts
9 upvotes
too bad for hayward, i hope he recovers to be even better after this like Paul George.

Anyway, looks like Cleveland is a lock again to come out from the east for the NBA finals... sigh.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 8:11 am
Man thats rough for Hayward. Hopefully he can come back from this. That was a really awkward way to land and the reaction from the Cleveland bench and crowd said it all.

As for the Houston game, I really cant see where CP3 fits in that system. Dude loves to pound the air out of the ball in a system thats predicated by ball movement and 3's. I thought Harden and Beverly were a perfect compliment in the back court last year. Nick Young is a great addition to the GSW bench, he's in the perfect system

CP3 is 10x better than Beverly. He is also one of the most versatile PG in the NBA.

Come playoff time, you need all the talent you can get. Having a beverly is not enough. We all know what CP3 brings to the table. He can pass, score, defend. Obviously extremely high IQ. Very competitive.

He makes people better around him. This will include Harden.

If him and Harden are on the floor. He plays SG and if he is on the bench, he plays PG. He is excellent in both position. Or he could just play hybrid.

Houston is going to be sick. Only problem I see with them is that Harden still dont play defense.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19268 posts
1431 upvotes
Also CP3 is a bit creaky....already has knee soreness.....

CP3 is a great PG, definitely can't hurt having more talent on Houston for playoffs...

I just don't know how impactful CP3 will be come playoff time with his "creakiness" which will get worse as the season drags on..
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2144 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
Boy, Wiggins has added the 3 to his arsenal now, his shot looks so polished.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4778 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 11:51 pm
Boy, Wiggins has added the 3 to his arsenal now, his shot looks so polished.
Oh what could have been with Kyrie and Wiggins in Cleveland before LBJ came along...mind you they never would have gotten a Championship yet, so the definitely ain't wondering the same thing lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4778 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 4:25 pm

CP3 is 10x better than Beverly. He is also one of the most versatile PG in the NBA.

Come playoff time, you need all the talent you can get. Having a beverly is not enough. We all know what CP3 brings to the table. He can pass, score, defend. Obviously extremely high IQ. Very competitive.

He makes people better around him. This will include Harden.

If him and Harden are on the floor. He plays SG and if he is on the bench, he plays PG. He is excellent in both position. Or he could just play hybrid.

Houston is going to be sick. Only problem I see with them is that Harden still dont play defense.
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 6:02 pm
Also CP3 is a bit creaky....already has knee soreness.....

CP3 is a great PG, definitely can't hurt having more talent on Houston for playoffs...

I just don't know how impactful CP3 will be come playoff time with his "creakiness" which will get worse as the season drags on..
The only CP3 we've ever seen is a player that can do it all, but needs the ball in his hands to operate and make everyone else on the floor better. D'Antoni last season, has essentially built Harden's game to be that same type of player.

While we know Harden can function as a SG like he has done all career before D'Antoni, they're not looking to move him back to that type of role...nor does he want to move back to that type of role. He wants the ball in his hand. So it's all going to depend on how well CP3 can operate as a bit more of an off-the-ball scorer at SG, which is not what his game has traditionally been. Not saying spot-up shooting like Klay Thompson...but just that he's not going to get 50% of the clock to operate and do his thing here, like he's used to.

I don't disagree, come playoffs, you need as much talent as you can get. But it still remains to be seen, how well this CP3/Harden pairing can work given the above.
Aug 16, 2017
83 posts
9 upvotes
giannis, what a beast of a first game, he dominated everyone even if its 2 vs 1 down low.