Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 12:13 am
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7203 posts
237 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 4:24 pm
In 2017, even long-term NBA coaches are getting soft and easily offended.

Rick Carlisle stormed off the court in disgust after the self-alley oop rookie Jordan Bell threw off the backboard to himself in a blowout game against his team.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nba/ke ... li=AAggNb9

There is an unwritten rule that you dont showboat like that when you are killing the other team. It could start a fight. But yeah, I do agree that its pretty stupid. If you lost, you take the humiliation that comes with it.

They should be doing this more often. Its great for the fans.
kenchau wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 5:52 pm
I didn't think that was legal in-game unless the ball touches the rim?
Its just a board. Players can do whatever they want as far I know.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2148 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
The Knicks look like much less of a joke team now, Porzingis looks especially deadly and a serious most improved candidate, if Jack and Ntilikina can hit some key shots this team might be going to the playoffs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5681 posts
155 upvotes
What is going on with the Cavs and Warriors?

I guess we can’t be that surprised. Maybe some fatigue or boredom? Man... been a weird start to the season.
Apr 21, 2010
853 posts
22 upvotes
I got the NBA league pass and I got it on my pc and a phone but I can't find an app to watch it from on a tv so which app is used for streaming? The tv is brand new Samsung MU8000
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2148 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
Cavs lost again tonight, to Indy. There is a scenario where if they continue not trying on D Lebron tells the Cavs he will not re-sign with them this summer, waives his no-trade clause for a few key destinations and Cleveland trades him mid-season so they don't lose him for nothing again. Unlikely but not impossible.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2148 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
Damn, Lebron just dropped "I am still the King" 57 on the Wiz tonight.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2148 posts
591 upvotes
Global Village
Cavs lose again to.. Atlanta! Everyone expects them to just turn it on at some point but if Lebron gets hurt and has to miss extended period of games this team might not even make the playoffs.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5973 posts
1273 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 6:54 pm
Cavs lose again to.. Atlanta! Everyone expects them to just turn it on at some point but if Lebron gets hurt and has to miss extended period of games this team might not even make the playoffs.
The Cleveland Cavaliers lost at home against the 2nd worst team in the NBA. They are 4-6 without Isaiah Thomas playing a game with them.
Meanwhile the Boston Celtics are 7-2 with Kyrie Irving despite having one of their all-stars injured for the rest of the season (Gordon Hayward).

People underestimate how important Irving was to the Cavaliers.

Although it is still early in the season. Just like how the Leafs got off to a hot start and are now around the middle of the league.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5681 posts
155 upvotes
The Cavaliers are an old team so I can see them being up and down for most of the season. In the playoffs though, are you going to bet against them?
Jan 4, 2017
151 posts
39 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:49 am
The Cavaliers are an old team so I can see them being up and down for most of the season. In the playoffs though, are you going to bet against them?
They'll flip that switch when it counts, like every lebron team has in the past.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4782 posts
917 upvotes
Mississauga
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:23 am
Looks like Bledsoe is going to the Bucks.... interesting

Wow! I wonder if it takes a Jabari Parker, Brogdon or what? This is very interesting indeed.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5681 posts
155 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:55 pm
Wow! I wonder if it takes a Jabari Parker, Brogdon or what? This is very interesting indeed.
It took Monroe and a future first round pick to get Bledsoe.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4782 posts
917 upvotes
Mississauga
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:58 pm
It took Monroe and a future first round pick to get Bledsoe.
That's it? Wow.

Jabari Parker already looks really good in his recovery. The Bucks will be dangerous