Sports & Recreation

NBA 2017-2018: congrats GSW. where do we go from here?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 3:28 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5777 posts
162 upvotes
The Thunder just lost to the Knicks without the Unicorn playing.

Maybe it’s time to trade George :p
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2258 posts
630 upvotes
Global Village
Crazy finish to this Indy-Boston game. Oladipo was sensational late, he is not only going to be an all-star but may also win most-improved. Indy getting him has to be the best trade of the year now. Kevin Pritchard should win exec of the year award.
Sep 24, 2015
166 posts
37 upvotes
That pass by Bogdanovic was just idiotic. He's a good FT shooter, all he had to do was hold the ball and wait to get fouled :facepalm:

Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1390 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
That Kobe jersey retirement was nice and classy. To see all his team mates and competitors come out and cheer him on was good to see. I hated that guy but I can appreciate how good he was.

It was a good entertaining night for games as well...that BOS-IND finish was CRAZY! Oladipo is going OFF! They just made a silly mistake on the last play but that was great hustle by Rozier and way to jam that game winner in.

Fake tough guy KD getting dunked on left and right hahahaha but he killed them with that game winner though. Nance JR with poster of the year so far
Aug 16, 2017
193 posts
17 upvotes
crazy bucks - cavs game last night.

i thought for sure cavs will get that comeback.. bucks almost lost that game really badly.

I'm really liking Eric Bledsoe on this team, this team will get even stronger when Jabari Parker comes back.

and maybe they need one more piece, like a tough big defensive man.
Jan 4, 2017
175 posts
43 upvotes
DimsumDeals wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 11:37 am

i thought for sure cavs will get that comeback.. bucks almost lost that game really badly.

I'm really liking Eric Bledsoe on this team, this team will get even stronger when Jabari Parker comes back.

They're saying Jabari is pretty much game ready. But they won't rush him at all, and is still slated to come back in Feb. He's been sent to the g-league for practices, and i guess potential games. They're gonna be a solid team once he's back and stay's healthy. If they they can pull off a move for let's say Deandre Jordan without giving up their key pieces, they would be dangerous.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4939 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
DimsumDeals wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 11:37 am

jesguerra wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 1:19 pm
They're saying Jabari is pretty much game ready. But they won't rush him at all, and is still slated to come back in Feb. He's been sent to the g-league for practices, and i guess potential games. They're gonna be a solid team once he's back and stay's healthy. If they they can pull off a move for let's say Deandre Jordan without giving up their key pieces, they would be dangerous.
They'll be dangerous once Giannis develops a reliable jump shot. Once he's outside of 3 feet from the basket, he hits under 40%. Although his 2-pt FG% is higher this year, it's only because the proportion of shots from 0-3 feet is much higher (91% of his attempts versus 86% last season).

But the guy is still young, lots of time to work on that range.
Jan 4, 2017
175 posts
43 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 1:33 pm
They'll be dangerous once Giannis develops a reliable jump shot. Once he's outside of 3 feet from the basket, he hits under 40%. Although his 2-pt FG% is higher this year, it's only because the proportion of shots from 0-3 feet is much higher (91% of his attempts versus 86% last season).

But the guy is still young, lots of time to work on that range.
I do agree. I don't think he'll ever have a solid jumper, just cause of how freakishly athletic he is as well as his build. But hopefully i'm wrong there. But he can always drive and kick to Middleton/Delly/Bledsoe.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4939 posts
1000 upvotes
Mississauga
jesguerra wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:33 pm
I do agree. I don't think he'll ever have a solid jumper, just cause of how freakishly athletic he is as well as his build. But hopefully i'm wrong there. But he can always drive and kick to Middleton/Delly/Bledsoe.
For sure, he can get inside at will. But I don't think it needs to be too deep. Even if he can expand out to a solid 15-footer where he's making about 50%, that will add enough to his game. Essentially a mid-range game like DeMar. If they have to guard him tight at 15-feet, then it opens him up for a one-dribble two-step dunk lol.
Jan 4, 2017
175 posts
43 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:39 pm
For sure, he can get inside at will. But I don't think it needs to be too deep. Even if he can expand out to a solid 15-footer where he's making about 50%, that will add enough to his game. Essentially a mid-range game like DeMar. If they have to guard him tight at 15-feet, then it opens him up for a one-dribble two-step dunk lol.
He would be lethal with that 15 footer jumper. He could post up from 15 ft and all it would take is a drop step for him ahaha.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7483 posts
247 upvotes
jesguerra wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:33 pm
Lebron is a physical freak himself and he developed a pretty good range. He kept working on it in Miami and really got better when he went back to the Cavs.

Demar used to have zero range and look at him now.

Giannis is 10x ahead of Demar when he started. He can pretty much get the separation he would need with his length/speed/strength. He just needs to work on his range.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎