Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Where's the uproar for Marcus Morris - y'all know who you are? Dude actually made a verbal commitment and reneged on it. Damn snake!
All verbal agreements in the NBA are non-binding. It goes both ways like when a team pulls their offer to a player because they managed to trade for a bigger star. All teams are snakes. All players are snakes... it's just one giant snake orgy.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
morris also fired rich paul as his agent
The sweetest gyal
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
RiftOfChaos wrote: Lonzo unlikely will be a star even though it's early to tell.

Jrue is a 2 way player and while Lonzo can shoot and pass, he needs go significantly improve his shooting and all around offense. Maybe he'll do better like Dlo did once he was traded.
I'm not sure I agree with you that Lonzo can shoot. He can certainly pass. I know you expanded on your comments, but it would be more fair to say that he's been a bad shooter. He's certainly not living up to the hype. The only good thing is that Lonzo is young and he still have time. We'll see what happens, but I'm not hopeful that he'll be a legitimate all-star.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
joeyjoejoe wrote: All verbal agreements in the NBA are non-binding. It goes both ways like when a team pulls their offer to a player because they managed to trade for a bigger star. All teams are snakes. All players are snakes... it's just one giant snake orgy.
I agree with you. It goes both ways so I don't feel sorry for the Spurs.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm not sure I agree with you that Lonzo can shoot. He can certainly pass. I know you expanded on your comments, but it would be more fair to say that he's been a bad shooter. He's certainly not living up to the hype. The only good thing is that Lonzo is young and he still have time. We'll see what happens, but I'm not hopeful that he'll be a legitimate all-star.
Oops you are right. I meant to say defend and pass.

Lonzo's shot is broken but he is not bad from the 3 iirc.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
RiftOfChaos wrote: Oops you are right. I meant to say defend and pass.

Lonzo's shot is broken but he is not bad from the 3 iirc.
To be clear, you don't have to be a great shooter in order to be a top or even mid-tier player. Ben Simmons can't shoot and yet he was rewarded with a max extension.

I guess time will tell what Lonzo is going to be like. He'll get a fresh start with Zion. Let's see what he can do.

I've already written Andrew Wiggins off. I don't think he'll develop into a perennial all-star.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
carmaster wrote: Lakers - Lebron-AD
Clippers - Kawhi-PG
Houston- Harden-Russ

Only actual duos in the League
Not sure I agree with you on Harden and Westbrook. Both players have significant flaws that make them hard to play with, but that's my opinion. Lakers and Clippers are legit for next season. I'm looking forward to next season.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Dreamrider wrote: if healthy
Steph Klay
KD Kyrie
Not sure I agree with you about Kyrie. I don't think he can lead a team. That dude seems to have some serious issues. He can't make things work in Cleveland. He can't make things work in Boston. I'm wondering why Brooklyn will be any different? Kyrie also have knee problems that can't seem to ever go away.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
kevindurant1 wrote: Its really an easy choice.

Keep all your picks for the next 4 years OR

have this line up for the next 2 years

Kawhi
PG
Williams
Beverly
Harrell

You might win a chip or you might not but the culture instantly change for years to come.
I think the Nets have proved that you're not stuck at the bottom of the league without your draft picks. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but even if things don't work out for the Clippers, Ballmer have one of the best front office in the league. The Clippers can be considered a top-tier team in the NBA. I think the Lakers have legitimate competition for the first time in history. As long as Ballmer isn't afraid of losing money and as long as he's committed to winning, LA will be an interest city to pay attention to.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
There were some interesting comments from an anonymous NBA executive about Kawhi, Klay Thompson and max deals.
One general manager even found room to nitpick about Kawhi Leonard, fresh off a historic NBA playoff run that culminated with his second career NBA Finals MVP.

His issue? Leonard’s ability to make his teammates better.

"Kawhi is great getting his, but he doesn't elevate anyone," the anonymous general manager told Bucher. "He doesn't rally his team."

A Western Conference general manager found fault with the Golden State Warriors committing five years and $190 million to Klay Thompson, one of the league’s historically great shooters, an elite defender and a three-time NBA champion.

"He's a good player, but he's not a leader," the anonymous general manager told Bucher. "He just shows up and hoops."

Apparently critical executives would like to see Thompson be more vocal in the locker room and with the media.
Another general manager gave voice to the pressure that smaller market teams feel to spend max money on second- or third-tier players. It’s a decision the Charlotte Hornets ultimately declined with Kemba Walker this summer but the Milwaukee Bucks opted into by giving Khris Middleton a max deal.

"Smaller-market teams have been apt to give max contracts to good people," a Western Conference GM told Bucher. "There are two kinds of players. One, you give them the money and you sleep well. The other, you give them the money and you never sleep. Guys like Khris Middleton and CJ McCollum and Kemba — at least they're still going to do everything they can to earn that contract."
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/anonymous-n ... 10337.html
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
Sgt_Strider wrote: Not sure I agree with you on Harden and Westbrook. Both players have significant flaws that make them hard to play with, but that's my opinion. Lakers and Clippers are legit for next season. I'm looking forward to next season.
Whats that?
I don’t really watch rocket or okc games enough to know.
They seem great on paper though.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON

TOP 100 MOMENTS OF THE 2018-19 NBA SEASON!!!

Enjoy the vid guys!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
Sad news, former Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan's health is in decline listed as day-to-day battling dementia and Parkinson's requiring full time care.
The once-fierce lion’s eyes are tired now.

The battles — a thousand of them, and more — have been fought and won, and there is a final fight Gerald Eugene Sloan will not win. Against an opponent that never loses.

Father Time, with all its minions — in this specific case, Parkinson’s and a severe brand of dementia — pummeling humans and the human condition, the condition that is weakened, year by year, month by month, day by day, minute by minute, striking even the toughest among us.
When I recently asked someone outside the family, someone who would know the details about Sloan, asked how he was doing at age 77, even though I already had been told by others, he said three words.

“He is dying.”

Those words, human condition or no, hit with the force of a swinging tire iron.
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/07/1 ... et-silent/

Thats heartbreaking to hear. He did an excellent job coaching the Jazz and definitely deserved the championship with Stockton and Malone. He is the true definition of old school that guided the Jazz to a string of successful seasons and consecutive finals appearances.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
With all the hype Zion is getting and the fact he was overweight/out of shape for summer league, you wonder if there is a chance he may end up a bust?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
notenoughsleep wrote: With all the hype Zion is getting and the fact he was overweight/out of shape for summer league, you wonder if there is a chance he may end up a bust?
Was he actually overweight/out of shape;
or was he just what he always was, and people feel for NBA he's overweight? (slightly different)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
So Zion's Jordan deal is $75 million for 7 years. In contrast, Lebron James got $90 million and KD got $60 for their rookie deals. But the crazy thing was Zion turned down Li Ning (a Chinese sneaker company, I think the largest in China) who offered $250 million for 10 years. He reportedly chose Jordan because he wanted to sign with his favorite player. Making $15 million less per year is a lot to give up just to wear Jordans.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
For those able to watch the Kawhi press conference will be aired by tsn4 at 3pm today
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
joeyjoejoe wrote: So Zion's Jordan deal is $75 million for 7 years. In contrast, Lebron James got $90 million and KD got $60 for their rookie deals. But the crazy thing was Zion turned down Li Ning (a Chinese sneaker company, I think the largest in China) who offered $250 million for 10 years. He reportedly chose Jordan because he wanted to sign with his favorite player. Making $15 million less per year is a lot to give up just to wear Jordans.
It's a lot of money, but do you believe one makes shoes superior to the other? That has to factor into it as well. And if his star status grows, his next deal will be huge.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)