Sports & Recreation

NBA 2022/23: Let the KD Saga begin

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Zion Williamson could finally play as soon at this Thursday!
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6575 upvotes
Vaughan
sg2386 wrote: OKC has been quite the surprise this season with a bright future.
It's so great to see SGA flourishing. Clippers really didn't want to give him up, but they have to look at it as not just getting PG13, but also Kawhi.

Blessing in disguise for SGA though. He gets to play lots of minutes, and more importantly, regardless of whether he has become disliked or not, Chris Paul is a smart player that knows how to be a point guard, so for SGA learning from him is going to be good for his game.

Really can't wait to see what this crop of Canadians can do for Canada basketball.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
kenchau wrote: It's so great to see SGA flourishing. Clippers really didn't want to give him up, but they have to look at it as not just getting PG13, but also Kawhi.

Blessing in disguise for SGA though. He gets to play lots of minutes, and more importantly, regardless of whether he has become disliked or not, Chris Paul is a smart player that knows how to be a point guard, so for SGA learning from him is going to be good for his game.

Really can't wait to see what this crop of Canadians can do for Canada basketball.
Imagine if all our nba players signed up?
Shoot... a canadian olympic gold medal would make me so damn proud.
Almost raptor championship level proud.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12392 posts
6575 upvotes
Vaughan
UrbanPoet wrote: Imagine if all our nba players signed up?
And also, how do we get Siakam to play for Canada. :)
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
UrbanPoet wrote: Imagine if all our nba players signed up?
If everyone agrees to play for the Olympics this summer Nurse will be coaching a Canadian dream team. CoryJo, Jamal Murray, Dylon Brooks, SGA, Wiggins, Olynik, Tristan, Lyles, Barrett, Boucher, Powell, what an embarrassment of riches.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote: And also, how do we get Siakam to play for Canada. :)
Hell yes. European teams do this, there is a residency requirement which Pascal may have already met and he can't have played for another national team, I don't think he has ever played for Cameroon although his brother has.

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
scoper wrote: If everyone agrees to play for the Olympics this summer Nurse will be coaching a Canadian dream team. CoryJo, Jamal Murray, Dylon Brooks, SGA, Wiggins, Olynik, Tristan, Lyles, Barrett, Boucher, Powell, what an embarrassment of riches.
Thats a gold medal right there... olympic gold medal is actually the true world champion!
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
UrbanPoet wrote: Thats a gold medal right there... olympic gold medal is actually the true world champion!
Do you think we'd beat the US for gold? They'll have more of their best guys on their team also.

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
USA
I'm interested to know it too. I can't wait to see it. But I'll probably have to skip the live broadcast. I'm very busy at the moment, so I'll have to watch [...]live basketball scores first.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 14th, 2020 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spam link removed
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Gold medal is a bit optimistic. With the disaster last year where the US finished in 7th place in the World Cup, you'd think there will be a heavy effort to get back on top where much more stars join the USA team. According to this article (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/277 ... qualifiers), here's a list of potential players:

Players who played on the 2019 team: Harrison Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Joe Harris, Brook Lopez, Khris Middleton, Donovan Mitchell, Mason Plumlee, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, Myles Turner, Kemba Walker, and Derrick White

Players who got cut: Bam Adebayo and Thaddeus Young

Players who withdrew for the 2019 World Cup, but could be back: Marvin Bagley III, Bradley Beal, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, De'Aaron Fox, Eric Gordon, James Harden, Montrezl Harrell, Tobias Harris, Kyle Kuzma, Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, Kyle Lowry, CJ McCollum, Paul Millsap, Julius Randle, P.J. Tucker

Players who weren't part of the team, but expressed interest in playing: Jimmy Butler, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Draymond Green, LeBron James, and Kawhi Leonard
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
joeyjoejoe wrote: Zion Williamson could finally play as soon at this Thursday!
Next Thursday Jan 22 vs Spurs! 8pm.

Edit: Looks like the game is actually on Wednesday 9:30pm and with the Zion effect ESPN is picking it up. Ticket pricing is skyrocketing for it.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/ar ... ca138.html
Last edited by scoper on Jan 17th, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
joeyjoejoe wrote: Gold medal is a bit optimistic. With the disaster last year where the US finished in 7th place in the World Cup, you'd think there will be a heavy effort to get back on top where much more stars join the USA team. According to this article (https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/277 ... qualifiers), here's a list of potential players:

Players who played on the 2019 team: Harrison Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Joe Harris, Brook Lopez, Khris Middleton, Donovan Mitchell, Mason Plumlee, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, Myles Turner, Kemba Walker, and Derrick White

Players who got cut: Bam Adebayo and Thaddeus Young

Players who withdrew for the 2019 World Cup, but could be back: Marvin Bagley III, Bradley Beal, Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, De'Aaron Fox, Eric Gordon, James Harden, Montrezl Harrell, Tobias Harris, Kyle Kuzma, Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, Kyle Lowry, CJ McCollum, Paul Millsap, Julius Randle, P.J. Tucker

Players who weren't part of the team, but expressed interest in playing: Jimmy Butler, Stephen Curry, Paul George, Draymond Green, LeBron James, and Kawhi Leonard
oh dear god that's intimidating.
We need all our best NBA players to sign up. Then we'll have a chance.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
Damn, Zion can shoot the 3.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: Damn, Zion can shoot the 3.
Zion!!!

Best debut I've seen in a long time. WOW!! The hype is real with this kid!!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
I was annoyed the game wasn't televised in Canada, but watching the highlights, 17 straight points in the 4th quarter! Too bad the coach pulled him due to him having minute restrictions. They could have won the game if he stayed in.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)