NBA 2017-2018 Season Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 11:35 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
Wow, Clippers traded Blake to Detroit!!!

The LA Clippers have agreed to trade All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell ESPN.

The Clippers will receive Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, and a first-round and second-round draft pick, league sources say. The Clippers are also sending Brice Johnson and Willie Reed to Detroit alongside Griffin, sources say.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2225 ... it-pistons
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
I hope they unleash Marjanovic. Huge upside, would like to see what he can do with consistent playing time in even the 25 minute range.
Last edited by kenchau on Jan 29th, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8087 posts
279 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 7:12 pm
Can’t believe Griffin is a Piston ... wow
I know its pretty crazy. They begged DJ to stay and he is the only one left there with daddy's boy.
#Torontostrong
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Griffin is where he belongs..in the trash haha!

Didnt think the Clips would blow it up after signing him to that deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8087 posts
279 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 8:29 am
Griffin is where he belongs..in the trash haha!

Didnt think the Clips would blow it up after signing him to that deal.
I could see Detroit going after Lebron next year.

Griffin/Lebron/Drummond

Van Gundy is 10x better coach than Lou.

Lebron can bring Wade with him too. All they would need is a decent PG and some shooters. Dangelo Russell would be a perfect fit(young, cheap, can score, still getting better).
#Torontostrong
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
kevindurant1 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 8:59 am
I could see Detroit going after Lebron next year.

Griffin/Lebron/Drummond

Van Gundy is 10x better coach than Lou.

Lebron can bring Wade with him too. All they would need is a decent PG and some shooters. Dangelo Russell would be a perfect fit(young, cheap, can score, still getting better).
Damn, you might be onto something with this 1. Detroit is likely getting in the finals with Lebron + 3-shooters next season. The only way it would work is if the Cavs agree to a sign and trade for injury-prone max-contract Reggie Jackson this summer. Cavs would unload Korver to the Pistons also. Doubtful but not impossible.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 8:28 am
This needs to happen lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2228 ... bron-james
It is not coincidence this is being rumored out by Lebrons group now, Lebron is trying to make a point that the NBA should have intervened in the KD GS signing to avoid the 4-core superteam, it's like he's saying fine, if you don't do something about this I'll make you do something about it, or at least force the uncomfortable but necessary conversation.

GS would have to give up Klay and Iggy to make this happen and they won't.

It might actually result in a rule prohibiting teams with 3 near-max contracts from offering a 4th contract over a certain amount or % of cap.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10197 posts
1045 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 8:28 am
This needs to happen lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2228 ... bron-james
They just need to sign Rose to the minimum and they'll have all 4 MVPs who won 8 MVPs in the past 9 years (minus Westbrook). Maybe convince Dirk not to retire and sign for one more year for the minimum, just so they can actually have 5 MVPs on the court at the same time!