• May 24th, 2018 11:35 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
frogger wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 1:24 pm
Cavs also get George Hill and Rodney Hood and subtract Wade, Shumpert,Crowder,Rose, picks. They are quite a bit better today than yesterday on paper. Better shooting and defense, younger.
Shocked they traded Crowder! He looked really unhappy there though.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 1:16 pm
Clarkson is another 3-sharpshooter you have to chase around, Nance is a good defender with athletic intelligence who will feast from Lebron's passes, IT and Frye were their worst defenders, Cavs are more dangerous now than yesterday.
Nance is a decent piece for sure. But not yet close to his full potential. Clarkson only hits his 3's about a third of the time. That's not awful, but that's not Channing Frye territory when he's streaking.
frogger wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 1:24 pm
Cavs also get George Hill and Rodney Hood and subtract Wade, Shumpert,Crowder,Rose, picks. They are quite a bit better today than yesterday on paper. Better shooting and defense, younger.
This additional move however, does make them a better team than they were yesterday. Now they can really speed up the offense.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
This Sunday's BOS-CLE game just became must-watch.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4423 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
OKC, while missing Melo, completely dismantles GSW on their own turn.

But OKC gets completely destroyed but a $hittier Lakers team.

WTF is wrong with this team? They should be considered elite like Rockets and GSW but they get keep screwing up. They have only one win in their last six games. I can see PG leaving to go to Lakers.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
glover78 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:57 am
OKC, while missing Melo, completely dismantles GSW on their own turn.

But OKC gets completely destroyed but a $hittier Lakers team.

WTF is wrong with this team? They should be considered elite like Rockets and GSW but they get keep screwing up. They have only one win in their last six games. I can see PG leaving to go to Lakers.
Westbrook was out and he's their engine.
If the rumor is true and OKC turned down a Clippers deal for Blake Griffin in exchange for PG OKC must be convinced he will re-sign there this summer. If I was the OKC GM I would have taken that Blake deal. If they get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round and PG leaves Presti is getting fired.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5927 posts
179 upvotes
Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the moves that the Cavs made?

I can't see that team winning the championship anytime soon. I don't think they are the best team in the East either.
Sep 6, 2015
36 posts
7 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 8:26 am

I can't see that team winning the championship anytime soon. I don't think they are the best team in the East either.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 8:26 am

You might just be alone in this, the consensus seems to be that they got back players who are playing better this season than the ones they gave out and got younger without giving away the Nets pick everyone wanted. And they added a lot more payroll that's heavily luxury-taxed so Lebron can't use that as an excuse against the owner if he decides to leave this summer. And they are more prepared now if Lebron does leave than they were before the deadline. It will take time for them to gel, though and they're not beating a healthy GS team in the finals if they get there, then again who will?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7863 posts
377 upvotes
We'll see... they HAD to shake things up. They were playing uninspired ball and IT was horrid. The flack from all the sports talk show was warranted. I think the main loss to be honest was Channing and Dwade (although i don't think he was please running the 2nd unit and benched at crunch time).

I like their new pickups... young, athletic and fresh energy. They really were lacking.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't think they gave IT enough time. He had an unfortunate microscope because of the situation of who he was supposed to replace, the superstar that he was playing with, and the always-contending team that he was playing on.

I think he'll do really well in LA towards the end of the season. Either way, whoever signs him in the offseason (presumably at a discount), will benefit.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
Without giving anything away the Rockets have picked up Joe Johnson and Brandan Wright. 1 key GS injury and this matchup will get interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5241 posts
1080 upvotes
Mississauga
Cavs look good today. Playing with fresh energy and more inspired ball.

Celtics just look gassed and the All-Star break cannot come soon enough for them.

I think Rodney Hood is the one to watch of their new pick ups. He will emerge as the one to provide that secondary scoring punch while Kevin Love is out.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2563 posts
680 upvotes
Global Village
Damn, it's just their 1st game together and the Cavs look really scary already
Nov 3, 2014
593 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
scoper wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 5:34 pm
Damn, it's just their 1st game together and the Cavs look really scary already
Boston's defense is already very good, but Lebron was obliterating them on PnR all game. Amazing what Lebron can do when he actually tries.

Just like when Lebron switches on defense in the playoffs because you never see him do that in regular season....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7863 posts
377 upvotes
Damn... it's like this new squad has been practicing all year! wtf, lol. Scorched Boston who is a good defending team! That dunk by JR smith... ouch! Lebron got tons of rest too and still almost got a triple double... crazy.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com