Sports & Recreation

NBA 2018-2019: WHAT THE FRICK IS GOING ON!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2018 10:35 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15795 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
^ haha yup.. guy sat out his first full season in the NBA and then he came back, and you thought, this guy is healthy.. which he was... he actually played full season his first 2 seasons, and only missed 2 games each the next 2 seasons...

but ever since his injury in 2015.. that guy missed 15 games that year, 47 games the year after, and 22 games last season... not to mention he will miss 30-35 minimum this season... and plus the playoff games he has missed...thats gonna be about 128 games over past 4 seasons..thats missing 32 games a season on average!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4477 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
It's probably been said already, but what's up with OKC?

With their lineup they should now be a top 3 team in the west. Westbrook alone last year made the team a top 6? 7? The addition of PG alone should make them a top 5 especially since Spurs is not the powerhouse it used to be. But they also have Carmelo. Every time this team shows glimmers of greatness, like their beatdown on GSW, that quickly dissipates with them losing to subpar teams like Dallas and most recently Orlando. It's hard to believe they're under 500.

I'm probably a bit salty since I've lost betting against and now for them lol , but Westbrook is my favourite player, and PG is also amongst one of my favourites so I want them to be a great team. In addition, I plan on going to see them when they come to Toronto, and given that Raptors are doing great, I want to also see another great team in the form of OKC.

I just hope this team starts winning more frequently and stops with the disappointment. I can see them being a fan favourite fun team to watch if they had their act together.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
glover78 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:21 pm

With their lineup they should now be a top 3 team in the west. Westbrook alone last year made the team a top 6? 7? The addition of PG alone should make them a top 5 especially since Spurs is not the powerhouse it used to be. But they also have Carmelo. Every time this team shows glimmers of greatness, like their beatdown on GSW, that quickly dissipates with them losing to subpar teams like Dallas and most recently Orlando. It's hard to believe they're under 500.

I'm probably a bit salty since I've lost betting against and now for them lol , but Westbrook is my favourite player, and PG is also amongst one of my favourites so I want them to be a great team. In addition, I plan on going to see them when they come to Toronto, and given that Raptors are doing great, I want to also see another great team in the form of OKC.

I just hope this team starts winning more frequently and stops with the disappointment. I can see them being a fan favourite fun team to watch if they had their act together.
It's the Melo effect.

Dude is a cancer. When is the last time a team has been successful with him on their roster?

He's a ball stopping no defense playing black hole. OKC would have been fine with just the addition of PG IMO.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15795 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
^ i wasnt a big fan of that trade for OKC.. Kanter is a pretty solid player.. can score if needed and is a solid rebounder.. having a good season so far for NYK.... Dougie Buckets can be an energy scorer off the bench in spurts. which would have been good for them to have... a lower end Kyle Korver...
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1398 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
grappos13 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:25 am
^ i wasnt a big fan of that trade for OKC.. Kanter is a pretty solid player.. can score if needed and is a solid rebounder.. having a good season so far for NYK.... Dougie Buckets can be an energy scorer off the bench in spurts. which would have been good for them to have... a lower end Kyle Korver...
I agree..I wasnt a fan of that trade, they gave up some bench depth for a black hole in Melo now their roster isnt as balanced.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2716 posts
725 upvotes
Global Village
glover78 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 10:21 pm

That's a team that looks like they are in desperate need of a seasoned point guard to me, Westbrook isn't that floor general they need, too many turnovers and too much of that tiger attack mentality which is good but shooting guard-good mostly.

I'm sure Billy Donovan will be scapegoated out of there and they'll get some wins after that.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10783 posts
1352 upvotes
RFD
OKC has a lot of talent and they should be doing better than they are. Maybe they need more time to gel, or need to find a different style of play, but they are fun to watch. I think they will eventually start to turn it around maybe half way into the season
Feb 13, 2015
938 posts
141 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I seriously thought OKC was going to be an offrnsive powerhouse. Not sure whats gotta change, they definetly lost some depth after their trade but I hope they can figure things out before its too late
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5984 posts
186 upvotes
Although OKC has a lot of offense talent, the pieces might not fit. George, Westbrook and Melo all need the ball to be in their hands to be effective (for the most part).
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2018 posts
122 upvotes
I don't think OKC's big 3 has the right combination of skills. They're all volume scorers. Melo as the third option doesn't bring much else other than scoring and ISOs.

GSW big three (Now 4) works so well cause they have a glue guy like Draymond who can rebound, pass, defend and hustle.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Feb 13, 2015
938 posts
141 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I think Melo should come off the bench, it would definetly provide a better balance. The guy will never win a ring if he doesnt change his attitude..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8406 posts
296 upvotes
OKC should be good but Westbrook is making it hard for himself. The guy just makes too much mistakes. The game could be so easy for him but he wants to play the game his way.

Everytime they lose, its usually him doing some silly stuff. You see some moments where its cohesive. He was passing and shooting at the right time. Making the right play but its all temporary.

When he gets mad, he will chuck. He was criticized for this before when he was playing with Durant. I guess he is not going to change his game for anyone. Its like he would rather pad his stats than win.

Its crazy because Melo has been stepping back and letting Westbrook do his thing and PG is sick as usual.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5984 posts
186 upvotes
Would LeBron really go to Philly?

I just have a sneaky feeling that he and George are planing to go somewhere together. I don’t think there’s a chance George is staying in OKC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)