NBA 2018-2019: Where amazing happens

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2018 11:08 am
Apr 24, 2018
252 posts
17 upvotes
rems wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 10:48 am
Yea you need 4 all stars in one team to beat Lebron. I mean, he got Derozan booted out of Toronto cuz he and Lowry
Draymond and Klay would not be all stars if they played on another team.

Dallas also beat lebron in the finals with 1 all star (Nowitzki) when Lebron had Wade and Bosh

There’s a reason why he’s 3/9 in the finals.

You sound like a Lebron apologist
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 11:11 am
I think John Wall makes more sense for Philly than Beal. Simmons can play forward, Wall handles point. Fultz' shot is MIA so he doesn't need to play.
If you bring in Wall you have 2 terrible 3 shooters with him and Simmons and a below average 3 shooter in Butler, not a recipe for success in the playoffs. If you give up picks and work with a 3rd team to bring in Beal the Simmons-Reddick-Beal-Butler-Embiid lineup could come much closer to beating anybody in the East, better shooting and D.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:39 pm
If you bring in Wall you have 2 terrible 3 shooters with him and Simmons and a below average 3 shooter in Butler, not a recipe for success in the playoffs. If you give up picks and work with a 3rd team to bring in Beal the Simmons-Reddick-Beal-Butler-Embiid lineup could come much closer to beating anybody in the East, better shooting and D.
This season, Beal hasn't really been shooting the 3 any better than Wall - like 33% versus 32%. Defense-wise, John Wall is still averaging 2 steals and 1 block a game.

But the benefits of having a strong PG like Wall running the show are huge. He basically averaged 10 assists a game over the last four years and can drive to the bucket at will.

At the end of the day, when you have four all-star calibre players on the floor, you're going to have a very high probability to be successful, regardless of the three-point shooting.

It's not like the shooting is non-existent like Ben Simmons. Wall can hit one third, Butler has been hitting 38% this season, and there's still Reddick. Embiid's about 30% as well.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9333 posts
322 upvotes
airpods wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 1:16 pm
Draymond and Klay would not be all stars if they played on another team.

Dallas also beat lebron in the finals with 1 all star (Nowitzki) when Lebron had Wade and Bosh

There’s a reason why he’s 3/9 in the finals.

You sound like a Lebron apologist
Why did you stop our discussion about the +/- stats?
kenchau wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 12:15 am
This season, Beal hasn't really been shooting the 3 any better than Wall - like 33% versus 32%. Defense-wise, John Wall is still averaging 2 steals and 1 block a game.

But the benefits of having a strong PG like Wall running the show are huge. He basically averaged 10 assists a game over the last four years and can drive to the bucket at will.

At the end of the day, when you have four all-star calibre players on the floor, you're going to have a very high probability to be successful, regardless of the three-point shooting.

It's not like the shooting is non-existent like Ben Simmons. Wall can hit one third, Butler has been hitting 38% this season, and there's still Reddick. Embiid's about 30% as well.
It's all moot. There's no way Wall or Beal goes to Philly through a trade. What salary/assets would Washington accept to make it work?

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/20/marke ... mmy-butler
rumors that Fultz weird shot is due to a motorcycle accident which could void his contract
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
Wait, the Celtics lose to the Knicks tonight?!
What is going on with this Celtics team and at what point does Stevens start worrying about his job?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 10:16 pm
What is going on with this Celtics team and at what point does Stevens start worrying about his job?
It's because of Kyrie, among other things. When you have played dominant team basketball, like in the playoffs last year, going back to this with one guy jacking up 25 shots to score 22, it takes a toll on everyone else, that knows they can deliver. That's not the only issue of course.

But this is good for basketball. It's good that bottom of the barrel teams are competing and winning some games. It's good that Golden State has lost 7 games already. It's good that the Raptors are first overall. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 7:34 am
It's because of Kyrie, among other things. When you have played dominant team basketball, like in the playoffs last year, going back to this with one guy jacking up 25 shots to score 22, it takes a toll on everyone else, that knows they can deliver. That's not the only issue of course.

But this is good for basketball. It's good that bottom of the barrel teams are competing and winning some games. It's good that Golden State has lost 7 games already. It's good that the Raptors are first overall. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
I am with you about Kyrie, he's a liability on D and Rozier has lost his mojo with not playing now. I am just somewhat surprised with Brad Stevens being this untouchable god over there, if it were another coach in a team with such high talent & expectations, if it were the Kawhi Raptors starting 9-9 losing at home to the Knicks and getting boos from the home crowd there would be loud 'Nurse has gotta go' chants over here. Rozier not playing more is a coaching decision and it's a bad 1.
Last edited by scoper on Nov 22nd, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10679 posts
1335 upvotes
rems wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 11:15 am

Why did you stop our discussion about the +/- stats?

It's all moot. There's no way Wall or Beal goes to Philly through a trade. What salary/assets would Washington accept to make it work?

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/20/marke ... mmy-butler
rumors that Fultz weird shot is due to a motorcycle accident which could void his contract
I agree. Washington is willing to blow up their team, but they aren't just going to give away players. The only assets that Philly has are under performing 1st round picks. Their potential could be high, but Beal and Wall are established stars. Meanwhile Fultz trajectory (if he doesn't recover) is worst 1st pick ever.
scoper wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 10:16 pm
Still WAY too early in the season to panic. There's still 80% of the season to go. As long as the Celtics don't fall behind too much, I don't think Stevens has too much to worry about. Much of their team is coming back from injury. It takes time for them to gel.

But having said that, it's crazy to see GS free falling... and the Grizzles are in first place!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6755 posts
1686 upvotes
kenchau wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 7:34 am

Gordon Hayward is shooting 39% overall and 28% from 3-point range since his return from breaking his leg last year.
He is much slower and nowhere near the All-star level he was playing at before the injury.

Maybe Kyrie's dad will get a roster spot on Boston.

May 24, 2018
10 posts
Hello, guys! Do you know some websites with live results which I can use? I would like to recommend the one from https://777score.nz to you here, and maybe you can recommend something to me too. That would be cool!
Last edited by Kestes on Nov 26th, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2940 posts
1254 upvotes
Vancouver
I haven't really been following the NBA as much this year, but how is it that the Clippers are first in the west with no bona fide star?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3179 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
notenoughsleep wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:55 pm
I haven't really been following the NBA as much this year, but how is it that the Clippers are first in the west with no bona fide star?
GS is 1st in the west but the Clippers have been surprisingly good, losing Deandre/Blake/Rivers was good for them, they're playing team ball and defending now, Harrell has been a revelation for them, Gortat, Bradley, Beverley have upgraded them on D, Galo is healthy, SGA has shown flashes as a rookie, Tobias Harris is their best player and Lou Williams their closer. If they add Kawhi as rumored they'll be really dangerous.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 1:15 pm
GS is 1st in the west but the Clippers have been surprisingly good, losing Deandre/Blake/Rivers was good for them, they're playing team ball and defending now, Harrell has been a revelation for them, Gortat, Bradley, Beverley have upgraded them on D, Galo is healthy, SGA has shown flashes as a rookie, Tobias Harris is their best player and Lou Williams their closer. If they add Kawhi as rumored they'll be really dangerous.
Also, on rare occasions when the right matchup is there, Boban is super efficient on offense.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1430 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
Damn, Bulls got blown out by 56 points...on their home court by the Celtics. What an embarrassment.