Chris Bosh Toronto F
Udonis Haslem Miami F
Kirk Hinrich Chicago G
Josh Howard Dallas F
LeBron James Cleveland F
Kyle Korver Philadelphia F
Luke Ridnour Seattle G
Dwyane Wade Miami G

This isn't some pro-Raptor thing but why isn't Bonner on there? Udrih? Tony Allen? Bonner's got better numbers than both of them. Fine, Udrih plays for a good team so a rook on a good team will see less minutes/lower stats, etc...but Allen plays for the Boston Craptics....

Ah well, the rookies are going to get demolished unless every sophomore plays a stupid, selfish game (which isn't gonna happen...Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Hinrich, etc aren't like that). I'm guessing a blowout :cool:
i think this line's mostly filler
20 replies
Aug 7, 2004
98 posts
yea i thought Bonner would be on the rookie team.. but guess not, last year i remember that the sophmore's really blowed-out the rook's. The same is probally going to happen this year. But the rookies have good players on there team, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordan, Luol Deng. Last year near the end fo the game, about 5 mintues left, The rookies put on a show of dunks!.. CB4, LeBron, Carmelo.. alley-oops, so this year is bound to be fun to watch :)
leafs and raptors!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Soph team would make a very good NBA team especially if you remove Carmelo and put Kaman on it.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
2271 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga ON
Hanniganite wrote:Emeka Okafor Charlotte F/C
go rookies, even with okafur they dont stand chance, seeing as bosh and james have been doing very well lately.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
8 upvotes
frogger wrote:Soph team would make a very good NBA team especially if you remove Carmelo and put Kaman on it.

Agreed. There is nothing Carmelo can do that no one else on the Soph team cant. Especially now that Kaman has been playing spectacular...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bonner isn't exactly the most exciting player

Allen can fly

neither team have a center, so it's going to be a good old up and down game
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
So Lebron and Dwayne are playing in the soph/rook game and the main event? I thought usually if they make the real game, they skip this one.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3831 posts
26 upvotes
frogger wrote:So Lebron and Dwayne are playing in the soph/rook game and the main event? I thought usually if they make the real game, they skip this one.
Just re-read the article carefully...didn't see this the first time:

"If a rookie or second-year player is selected to play in the All-Star Game on Sunday, he will also play in the got milk? Rookie Challenge on Friday evening."

I guess they changed it...because I remember it the way you do, if they goto the main event they skip the rookie challenge...but meh :cool:
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1808 posts
41 upvotes
WOW.. imagine if Lebron were to compete in the DUNK, ASG and rooks/soph

really feel bad for 'melo. was looking fwd to him busting out this year (a la Wade, not as much as LBJ tho). Instead he's hurt and stuck in a rut
Heatware: 40-0-0
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Hanniganite wrote:ROOKIE TEAM ROSTER
Tony Allen Boston G
Luol Deng Chicago F
Ben Gordon Chicago G
Devin Harris Dallas G
Dwight Howard Orlando F
Andre Iguodala Philadelphia F
Emeka Okafor Charlotte F/C
Josh Smith Atlanta F
Beno Udrih San Antonio G

SOPHOMORE TEAM ROSTER
Carmelo Anthony Denver F
Chris Bosh Toronto F
Udonis Haslem Miami F
Kirk Hinrich Chicago G
Josh Howard Dallas F
LeBron James Cleveland F
Kyle Korver Philadelphia F
Luke Ridnour Seattle G
Dwyane Wade Miami G

This isn't some pro-Raptor thing but why isn't Bonner on there? Udrih? Tony Allen? Bonner's got better numbers than both of them. Fine, Udrih plays for a good team so a rook on a good team will see less minutes/lower stats, etc...but Allen plays for the Boston Craptics....

Ah well, the rookies are going to get demolished unless every sophomore plays a stupid, selfish game (which isn't gonna happen...Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Hinrich, etc aren't like that). I'm guessing a blowout :cool:
Udrih is a better player with more skillsets and has a nice three point touch... much rather have him than bonner on the raps..way more upside, versitility and athleticism.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Fobulous wrote: really feel bad for 'melo. was looking fwd to him busting out this year (a la Wade, not as much as LBJ tho). Instead he's hurt and stuck in a rut
I don't feel bad for Carmelo at all.. he's shown himself to be an arrogant selfish SOB enough times already.
Oct 28, 2004
162 posts
I remember reading something about the assistant coaches only having one ballot to send to the game though. I'm not sure if it's one ballot for either team, but if it was one ballot for the entire game, I'm sure you'd all agree, Bosh was the better choice.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3831 posts
26 upvotes
shadowfighta wrote:Yea Carmelo sucks. He's like a mini Vince jacking up jumpers all the time and no heart at all. I wonder how he feels now that Wade and Lebron have overshadowed him (by a huge margin) this season.
I agree that Carmelo's a bit overrated. Last season in the bits and pieces that I saw, I didn't really see anything special. And he does hog the ball a lot. And this season, I think there were two (at least 1) occassions when he didn't go back to play defense but sat on the court tying up his shoes...and got ripped into by an assistant coach :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3831 posts
26 upvotes
wanted wrote:Sophomores: >25 pt win. Ya, Bonner should've made it. Well, can't wait to see who'll go the All Star Game !!!! :cheesygri
Well the starters are pretty much set:
East = Carter/Hill/Lebron/AI/Shaq
West = Garnett/Duncan/Kobe/Tmac/Yao (I can't remember what happens with a crippled player if he's voted a starter...I'm assuming somebody takes his place and he gets to sit on the bench...I'm referring to the rapist btw)

I believe each bench consists of 7 players...voted by coaches..? Anyways, here's who I want to be there:
East = J.O'Neal, Wade, Francis, B.Wallace, Marbury, Ilgauskas, Kidd
West = Nash, Amare, Nowitzki, Allen, Marion, Ginobili, dunno
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3787 posts
67 upvotes
Hanniganite wrote:Well the starters are pretty much set:
East = Carter/Hill/Lebron/AI/Shaq
West = Garnett/Duncan/Kobe/Tmac/Yao (I can't remember what happens with a crippled player if he's voted a starter...I'm assuming somebody takes his place and he gets to sit on the bench...I'm referring to the rapist btw)

I believe each bench consists of 7 players...voted by coaches..? Anyways, here's who I want to be there:
East = J.O'Neal, Wade, Francis, B.Wallace, Marbury, Ilgauskas, Kidd
West = Nash, Amare, Nowitzki, Allen, Marion, Ginobili, dunno
that west starting lineup is sick--can you imagine trying to come inside and finding a wall of garnett, duncan and yao??

the only time the east would get boards is when shaq isn't on the bench.

for those of you who belittle udrih and suggest that bonner deserves it more--have you actually seen udrih play? the guy is solid--a year from now, he'll be good enough to be a starter on some teams. and bonner? uh, i don't think so, and don't get me wrong, i like bonner.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
8 upvotes
jewtngogodaibundew wrote:the whole sophmore team vs phoenix suns would be pretty interesting
phoenix suns for sure. they've got everything they need.

the only player on the rookie team maybe not deserving to be there would be devin harris in my opinion. (if you were to switch in bonner)

bonner hits open shots... but any nba player paid as much as they are, should be able to stick em. (i give credit to bonner for hitting them, cause not all nba players can do it... but at the same time, being paid as much as they are... they should be expected to)

heck, pay me 500,000 a year, i'll work like a machine til i can get it in consistently.