Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 A8G ROG Strix $709.00-$30 = $679.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2017 6:54 am
Oct 15, 2007
104 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Is the EVGA one as good? Was hesitant about the Asus cuz of poor customer service in the past
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
joep2k wrote: Is the EVGA one as good? Was hesitant about the Asus cuz of poor customer service in the past
EVGA is arguably better, however Asus has an RMA depot in Markham, Ontario if that's close for you. You can RMA in person. That's if they even approve the RMA. I have found Asus horrible to deal with in terms of RMAs. They will find every reason in the book to deny your RMA.

These are good deals but I think this will be the normal price of these cards soon. Also don't forget that nVidia announced that the board partners will be using faster GDDR5X memory soon. That will definitely give you guys higher memory overclocks and more gaming performance, particularly if you game at 4k resolution.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
joep2k wrote: Is the EVGA one as good? Was hesitant about the Asus cuz of poor customer service in the past
EVGA RMA is probably the best one IMO. You also have 90 Day step up program should you decide to upgrade to something else.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Just an FYI on the EVGA FTW 1080 from NCIX.

Mine arrived today and it apparently has the updated BIOS and thermal pads after checking my serial number at http://www.evga.com/thermalmod/ (for anyone wondering about the EVGA over-heating issues)
May 28, 2013
730 posts
642 upvotes
Laval, QC
LSZ wrote: Just an FYI on the EVGA FTW 1080 from NCIX.

Mine arrived today and it apparently has the updated BIOS and thermal pads after checking my serial number at http://www.evga.com/thermalmod/ (for anyone wondering about the EVGA over-heating issues)
Glad to hear :)
Good thing that they have fix it for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
SickBeast wrote: Honestly, a Pascal Titan X or else the new GTX 1080 Ti that was just announced. However, if you're willing to overclock and lower some settings, I am finding that my GTX 1070 does a pretty good job at 4k gaming. nVidia will also be releasing a new "dx12" driver that will boost dx12 performance by an average of 16%. Tomb Raider in particular will get a 30% boost.

I managed to reach stock GTX 1080 performance by overclocking my GTX 1070. I have an excellent card with top notch cooling, though.

There is also Vega to consider. It is supposed to be coming out in June and the rumors say it will match the GTX 1080 in terms of performance.
Whaaaaaaaat????
D@mn dude, I'm outta the loop.

Last I heard you were rockin' the same Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB that I am (actually, upon your recommendation).
Mine is workin great, even in VR with an i5-2400!!!
What happened?
When did U upgrade?

Aaaaaaand, R U still using the 55" RCA 4K with the new 1070, or are you on to something newer & BIGGER?????
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Whaaaaaaaat????
D@mn dude, I'm outta the loop.

Last I heard you were rockin' the same Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB that I am (actually, upon your recommendation).
Mine is workin great, even in VR with an i5-2400!!!
What happened?
When did U upgrade?

Aaaaaaand, R U still using the 55" RCA 4K with the new 1070, or are you on to something newer & BIGGER?????
I was perfectly happy with the GTX 1060, however an amazing deal cropped up on the GTX 1070 so I could not resist. It was $450CAD for this card:

https://www.amazon.ca/PNY-GeForce-Overc ... y+gtx+1070

It also game with a great free game (Ghost Recon Wildlands).

I was finding that in several newer release games, the GTX 1060 just couldn't cut it for 4k resolution no matter what I did. The GTX 1070 can't handle *everything* in 4k resolution, however the only game I have found so far that really gives me problems is Ghost Recon Wildlands. I have no choice but to run it at 1080p resolution.

I'm still gaming on the 55" RCA 4k TV. I came really close to buying the 65" model but I was able to resist. My plan is to upgrade to a larger HDR screen once they're cheaper, maybe even OLED.

By the way, you should really join us over at BTR, it's a great forum to discuss this stuff:

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/index.php

The owner just reviewed the GTX 1080 Ti and he will be following that up with a GTX 1080 Ti SLI review, along with full reviews of the top three Ryzen CPUs with at least 25 games tested.
May 28, 2013
730 posts
642 upvotes
Laval, QC
If you're looking for the best GTX 1080 on the market and are ready to spent $799 this is probably your best pick:
AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme OC Edition

Just bought one yesterday... probably one of the most quiet, cool and fastest card out of the box.

Was a little bit cheaper at Mike's computer shop at $789 with free shipping but considering that there is no PST in QC with Newegg it was cheaper.

GURU 3D 43 pages review

I know, I know with the 1080Ti coming in it was a dilemma pulling the gun at that price...
But for me $799 was the max I was willing to spend for a graphic card, the good Ti will probably be in the $1,000 price zone.
Will this card be sold for less in a few months? Maybe time will tell...
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
That card looks to match my Strix OC clock speeds, which I haven't been able to find anywhere. Might have to just bite the bullet and SLI with that aorus card because the Ti isn't as capable at 4k as I was hoping based on the reviews I'm seeing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)