Expired Hot Deals

[NCIX] Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Closed Back Monitor Headphones - $45

[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
689 posts
319 upvotes

[NCIX] Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Studio Closed Back Monitor Headphones - $45

I have to say I have no association with NCIX but this is my second post on NCIX deals in two days. They do have these warm daily deals recently, better than their weekly deals.

Decent reviews from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-AT ... ewpoints=1
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
2138 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn... Waiting for m50x on sale... They never go on discount anymore.
Feb 27, 2007
91 posts
43 upvotes
If you're on a tight budget, amazon.ca sells the Status Audio CB-1's for around $110. The Verge did a review (albeit a subjective one) of these and said they were better than the M50x from a sound quality perspective.
Feb 11, 2010
854 posts
28 upvotes
BURLINGTON
looks like the m40x is good for a low priced headphone

Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4722 posts
53 upvotes
Local
I have the 30x version. Got them a few years ago on sale. Great purchase. I am still using them today. I used to always buy open canned sennheisers headphones. The last sennheisers I bought were the hd 598 on sale. After using them I realized it just doesn't sound the same as big bookshelf/tower speakers. So now I'd rather just have a cheap tossable headphone that always works.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4722 posts
53 upvotes
Local
I have the 30x version. Got them a few years ago on sale. Great purchase. I am still using them today. I used to always buy open canned sennheisers headphones. The last sennheisers I bought were the hd 598 on sale. After using them I realized it just doesn't sound the same as big bookshelf/tower speakers. So now I'd rather just have a cheap tossable headphone that always works.
Feb 27, 2007
91 posts
43 upvotes
GOLFINGGINO wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 7:39 pm
looks like the m40x is good for a low priced headphone

I have the M40X, and they're pretty neutral by default. If you hook them up to a headphone amplifier and use equalization/dsp, they can sound fantastic.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2006
689 posts
319 upvotes
I am not blaming people down voting the thread. But at least those should tell what's wrong with this deal. Is the price too high? Or these headphones are garbage? I do think this is a good price for a decent basic headphone.
Aug 28, 2011
171 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Keny wrote:
Jun 10th, 2017 2:49 am
I am not blaming people down voting the thread. But at least those should tell what's wrong with this deal. Is the price too high? Or these headphones are garbage? I do think this is a good price for a decent basic headphone.
Likely because that the deal is dead. Price shows up as $75.98 (since 7 hours ago)
twitch.tv/squishyrollingpanda
Nov 1, 2009
463 posts
61 upvotes
xblackrainbow wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 10:49 pm
do these leak?
Yes and No in terms of leaking, it all depends on your surroundings.
I've got the M50 (wired) they'll leak if you're blasting your music in a quiet setting (ie library).
Not much leakage if you're riding the bus or subway.
Same time they can act as a partial noise cancellation cans.
Hope this helps.
Aug 12, 2015
28 posts
5 upvotes
Concord, ON
NCIX has the Amp and DAC combo on sale today, can be a great addition to M30x/ M40x or something similar:
Mayflower Objective2 Headphone Amplifier $105

Mayflower Desktop Objective2 Headphone Amplifier $125

Mayflower Desktop Objective 2 With ODAC Rev B. Headphone Amplifier $270
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1285 posts
295 upvotes
mississauga
hard to beat superlux 681s for 25 shipped though, although yes, they're semi-open, not really portable, and leak so not your choice if that matters to you. That being said, I really enjoy the 40x.