Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Belkin HOME/OFFICE Surge Protector 555J 6 Outlets $6 + F/S

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2014 2:06 am
Tags:
27 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
Should fix title to reflect proper site name. Seems to be ncix.com, not ncix.ca
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
flimbs wrote: Should fix title to reflect proper site name. Seems to be ncix.com, not ncix.ca
What's the difference? It brings you to the canadian site either way
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
Negotiator wrote: +1, good deal.
For me, 2.5' cord is a deal breaker though.
Yeah ... 2.5' cord and without right-angled plug, this thing works better with an extension cord.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
It looks like it is worth 6$ too!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3353 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
flimbs wrote: Should fix title to reflect proper site name. Seems to be ncix.com, not ncix.ca
Lol. Those sites are pretty much the same
Jun 5, 2010
643 posts
1034 upvotes
Ottawa
For the extra money, they also have the 8' cord and rotating plug 720J one on sale as well for 9.99, without free shipping.
Although they have the wrong picture. The flat and rotating plug is great if you are in to that sort of thing.
belkin-720j-6-outlet-surge.htm
belkin.com BE106000-08
Dell always seems to have these at 12.99, and Dell ships for free (for me in Ottawa anyhow).
E as in ewe, eye, eight
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: Lol. Those sites are pretty much the same
I'm just a stickler for accuracy. :) as a new purchaser at ncix, I may take one look at the url and balk at the fact that it looks to be from the states. Everyone's eyes are trained differently!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
flimbs wrote: I'm just a stickler for accuracy. :) as a new purchaser at ncix, I may take one look at the url and balk at the fact that it looks to be from the states. Everyone's eyes are trained differently!
That is the first time I've ever heard someone complaining about crap like this for an auto-rail website that accepts (OWNS) both .ca and .com

Awesome price and nice find OP, thanks for posting. 2.5' is a bit of a pain but I guess there is always a spot for less cords lol.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Penalty Box
Sep 16, 2011
425 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
In for two, was just looking at one of these for 10 bucks alittle while ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op.
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1005 posts
349 upvotes
BC
flimbs wrote: I'm just a stickler for accuracy. :) as a new purchaser at ncix, I may take one look at the url and balk at the fact that it looks to be from the states. Everyone's eyes are trained differently!
If I recall correctly, NCIX actually tried to get us Canadians to use NCIX.ca awhile back so they could convert NCIX.com over to their American site. Doesn't look like it went through though; I'm guessing their brand is too well-known as "NCIX.com" for people to get used to switching.
Banned
Jul 21, 2008
49 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Negotiator wrote: +1, good deal.
For me, 2.5' cord is a deal breaker though.
Simple. Just buy 2 of them and chain them together!
Banned
Jun 12, 2008
124 posts
108 upvotes
asasas12 wrote: Simple. Just buy 2 of them and chain them together!
Lol, I got a few of them at home, I feel they are abut short too but for $5 no complaint. My local Home Depot has it at $15 each...
Jul 6, 2009
384 posts
110 upvotes
asasas12 wrote: Simple. Just buy 2 of them and chain them together!
Or buy a pure power strip for the same price. Then protection is same. And a house fire risk is eliminated.

Note the joules number. What happens when a typically destructive surge (hundreds of thousnds of joules) occurs? A destructive surge is rare. But when it happens, do you want that fire risk from a near zero protector?

Where is the critically important 15 amp circuit breaker? Where is a UL/CSA listing. Both are required for minimal safe operation. Best I can see, specifications at the up top URL do not list a circuit breaker and UL/CSA testing. Both must exist.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)