Hot Deals

[NCIX] Cooler Master Devastator 2 Cherry Stem Keyboard & Mouse Gaming Combo W/ backlight $14.99 after MIR $25 MIR

[OP]
May 13, 2009
4513 posts
7210 upvotes
Scarborough

[NCIX] Cooler Master Devastator 2 Cherry Stem Keyboard & Mouse Gaming Combo W/ backlight $14.99 after MIR $25 MIR

Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules
hot-deals/announcement-a.html
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3912 posts
2068 upvotes
North York
Pretty decent.
I just don't trust MIR.
How do I downvote this voting system?
Oct 26, 2006
340 posts
37 upvotes
I am using the keyboard now. I haven;t got the rebate yet and I purchased this in April. I like the keyboard.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7368 posts
2843 upvotes
Toronto
how do these fake mechanical keys compare to real ones? and how's the mouse?

also i've been ripped off on MIRs many times before, so not sure if it's worth $40+tax. getting the MIR would be just like a bonus if it actually arrives for me
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1860 posts
1157 upvotes
Montreal
ManCaveGamer wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:22 pm
how do these fake mechanical keys compare to real ones?
Well, they use a membrane layer, so they are essentially membrane keyboards. Added benefit of this one is that you are able to swap keycaps, if you wish. Then there are also ones like the Razer Ornata that add a 'click' to imitate blue switches.
Jul 14, 2009
299 posts
680 upvotes
I like the keyboard so far and got the MIR in around 4 months. The keys feel kinda like the CherryMX Brown.

Only thing I don't like is that the keyboard's LEDs on and off switch is controlled by the Scroll Lock key, so you have to enable Scroll Lock to have the keys light up. One method around this is to solder a wire to bypass the controller chip and just have the LEDs on all the time.
I found this video:

Another thing is you need to disable USB power when computer is off, or else the mouse LEDs stay lit. This is done in your motherboard BIOS so you will need to Google your model to find the instructions.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3450 posts
376 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i used this set for the last 2 yrs before getting a Motospeed mech keyboard and a logitech mouse. Keyboard i had no complaints but the mouse itself wasnt so accurate - it would make small tiny movements when i needed accuracy. Overall, for under 20$, can't really expect much.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum