Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Cooler Master HAF 912 57.99/47.99$ (- MIR 10$)...

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2014 1:28 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213944 upvotes
Montreal

[NCIX] Cooler Master HAF 912 57.99/47.99$ (- MIR 10$)...

Hi there,

I love this case, it's part of their weekly sale. It's usually goes around 58$, but the extra 10$ MIR (from Cooler Master, their MIR isn't that bad, just make sure to make photocopies of everything).

http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-maste ... 3-1246.htm

Ju Leon...
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
This case is the anti-thesis of how I build PCs. So much wasted space and needless excess. The opposite of a small, efficient, elegant mini-ITX gaming build. :)

This is still my favorite case:

“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Aug 31, 2010
747 posts
959 upvotes
ON
Maximize wrote: This case is the anti-thesis of how I build PCs. So much wasted space and needless excess. The opposite of a small, efficient, elegant mini-ITX gaming build. :)

This is still my favorite case:

Some people care about air flow and overclocking more than "wasted space". Overcrowded space is recipe for disaster when things really heat up in the case.
Aug 17, 2010
584 posts
157 upvotes
Laval
HAF series is fantastic, owned one for years.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
NZXT Source 340 is the new big boy in the house!
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
People actually go to the effort of getting a $10 rebate?? I just look at the purchase price and go from there.
Oct 2, 2007
966 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
That's my current PC case and there is so much room for future addons. :) Currently have about 14 HDDs in there. :D And I remember paying way more than this for it... but it was >2 years ago though.
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
I prefer the HAF EVO XB which is also on sale and has the rebate (plus a price match will bring it down even more). A little more portable and love the fact all the wires, hard drives, PSU, etc, sit under the MOBO. Very clean install and great for those who need a test bench setup. They market it as a LAN case, but it's a little big. But with the handles on each side, doable.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
Empyrium wrote: Some people care about air flow and overclocking more than "wasted space". Overcrowded space is recipe for disaster when things really heat up in the case.
Depends on the case though. The reason I like that Silverstone in particular is it has some of the best cpu cooling I've seen in a small case (there is a 180mm Air Penetrator intake fan directly on the top, which cools not only the CPU but all the motherboard components as well. I've gotten away with decent overclocking in that case (use a toasty AMD cpu no less). I can't imagine how great OCing it would be with an Intel CPU.

Video card, I agree, don't expect overclocking much there (there is another model of the case that is vented on the side where the card is, which helps, this one is modded for the glass I think).

There's also the FT-03, which cools from the bottom and exhausts from the top. You can get excellent cooling in a mini-itx case, it just requires more skill and thought, but it's possible.

“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1349 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
hagbard wrote: People actually go to the effort of getting a $10 rebate?? I just look at the purchase price and go from there.
Lol the wasted money on gas, postage and time are reasons enough not to even consider $10 a rebate, but that's not why many people do it. You see plenty of sites here require personal data and more importantly CC. Get yourself one of these and you can basically get any of those 1-month/year free subscription and not have to worry about cancelling; Netflix and some anti-viruses (with 99 cents initial fee) to name a few. You can also use them on sites you don't trust to get cheap items. I know pre-paid visa cards exist but you get free stuff ($0 after MIR items) and you'll still have to drive to get that card so why not just go the MIR way. Of course you can be creative and get a card under a different name. It's not gonna matter as long as it comes to the right address.

Personally, I buy tonnes of those $0 items after MIR (provided you use that GC amount on something you were gonna spend on anyways like gas) and usually get 10-15 of these every year. So basically plenty of spare valid CC # and can basically get free netflix for a year if I want to but I don't like online streaming.
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Dec 25, 2013
177 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I have this case as well OP. Its my very first :D
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
Nice case, I bought it a few years ago and sold it BNIB (forgot for how much) because I ended up getting a $10 case.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)