• Mar 21st, 2012 5:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 18, 2011
58 posts
302 upvotes

[NCIX] NCIX Eclipse Wired Litetouch Keyboard $15

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... omoid=1361

Worth it? The review isn't very favorable though...
33 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, very good deal. Shipping kills it though unless you are close to an NCIX store. Also don't get it unless u need a laptop style keyboard otherwise it will just simply gather dust.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
2887 posts
317 upvotes
Not a bad pickup really if your needing a keyboard. Picked one up for $19.99. Not the best keyboard but I use it for work (hate the HP ones). Keys are much better than default pc keybos.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
i bought it just cause of backlight.

seriously if this can have backlight..why cant my $200 dinovo edge have backlight...it was the only spec missing for that to be the perfect keyboard.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2495 posts
138 upvotes
York
Where's the other thread where me and 20 other people ripped on how bad this keyboard is?

Edit: Oh that was the wireless one. I can't imagine the wired one being much better.

Edit edit: Is this like regular price for them now? I see these on sale every week for cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6061 posts
2099 upvotes
I am less than impressed with this keyboard.
My son and I each bought one at $19 a few weeks ago.
One was defective, NCIX swapped it.

There are issues when Win7 goes into sleep mode.
There are issues on Win7 bootup where one out of 10 times Windows will boot - keyboard LED's will flash and go dark and I get BSOD.

Would I buy this knowing what I know now? Nope!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6512 posts
3408 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Strange.
I have both the wired & wireless versions of this KB,running Win7,Vista & XP and have no problems from bootup 'til shutdown,or any point in between.
I chose not to install anything off of the software/drivers cd it came with,and am using as just a plug & play device.
Perhaps the drivers are buggy?????
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
lol should i keep. i saw a friend with one and 15 for a backlite keyboard isnt that bad
Sep 30, 2006
319 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought one just for fun.. its only $15 bucks! (okay $17 after taxes)

From what I can tell... the backlit keys are nice... and really bright.. I with they would have some sort of off button though.. or maybe I just haven't found it yet... I mean I don't need backlit keys in the morning for example, or when I sleep!

I can say that the touch sensitive keypad is really more gimmicky than functional, however that said... having the options to select different modes between a normal keypad, and commands to pause/play music, open quick use programs like calculators, volume control etc, is pretty handy... of course there are other multimedia keyboards that do this with a hard button but those aren't $15, and more compact than this keyboard...

the keys themselves could be a little softer though... I personally like my work's Dell Latitude keyboard... firm enough, yet not overly firm that causes finger fatigue after a long day of typing...

Without giving a numerical rating, I can just simply say, this keyboard is OK with me...
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
guys dont get your hopes up its a price error.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4688 posts
1490 upvotes
Scarborough
qaz393 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2012 10:18 am
guys dont get your hopes up its a price error.
I'm not so sure about that. I've seen the keyboard around this price point before, granted it was something like $24.99 or $29.99. Haven't seen it this low before but I highly doubt this keyboard is worth anywhere close to its supposed $109.99 regular price.
Nov 20, 2007
211 posts
26 upvotes
Mirabel
Thanks OP, ordered the last one I think at the surprise sale price.
I was looking for a new decent keyboard and that might just fit the bill
Aieden

Why do Kamikaze wear their helmets on a mission ? WHY !?
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
just pick this up. feels like a laptop keyboard more than a typical desktop dome keyboard.