[NCIX] NCIX: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 LP DX11 Video Card - $12.99 AR

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2013 5:25 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2006
447 posts
38 upvotes
If you have flicker/white line issues, you might have a look at this posted solution from Newegg:

"Initially - i had flickering. If I grabbed a window and moved it around quickly, there was a white line flicker about 2/3 the way up the screen. I actually did an RMA with newegg but because I had already sent in the bar code for rebate, they sent me the card back

So - apparently on 12/18/2012, Gigabyte released a BIOS update for this video card that fixes, among other things, "Fixed screen flicker problem".

You have to go here
http://www.gigabyte.us/support-download ... .aspx?cg=3
and get the VGA Tools - Easy Boost
Then install and run it and follow the instructions here
http://www.gigabyte.us/WebPage/40/index.htm
to check your existing BIOS version so you know which one to download - F11 or F22. If your BIOS is F10, you need to flash F11 and if your BIOS is F20, you need to flash F22.

BIOS is here
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... &dl=1#bios

Cons: That Gigabyte would ship a video card with this issue and that there would be an inobvious fix - video card BIOS flashing is VERY esoteric and honestly I stumbled on the fix."

Please post if you've tried this and if it worked!
Aug 24, 2009
397 posts
66 upvotes
Son of a....they are finally sending mine back now as well with no context. Hopefully they've done something with it for my hassles - like update the BIOS.

Thanks for the info, and I'll post my experience once I get it back. This might be my last Gigabyte product if they did sweet FA with my card.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1029 posts
226 upvotes
KW
I should be receiving mine today. I'll report back if I have any flicker issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1103 posts
177 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'll be receiving mine today also... will report back after stress testing ;) lol
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1029 posts
226 upvotes
KW
Does anyone know if I run this video card in conjunction with my APU if the video card will use the faster memory of my system (DDR3 1600mhz) rather than the on board memory which only runs at 1100mhz?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3811 posts
16409 upvotes
TORONTO
madpacket wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 2:04 pm
Does anyone know if I run this video card in conjunction with my APU if the video card will use the faster memory of my system (DDR3 1600mhz) rather than the on board memory which only runs at 1100mhz?
As far as I know, this card doesnt support Hypermemory. And pretty sure the bandwidth/latency for accessing the sytem RAM through the motherboard will be lower than what is already available on-board to the GPU.
Jul 9, 2007
49 posts
5 upvotes
strangelove9 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 3:29 pm
If you have flicker/white line issues, you might have a look at this posted solution from Newegg:

"Initially - i had flickering. If I grabbed a window and moved it around quickly, there was a white line flicker about 2/3 the way up the screen. I actually did an RMA with newegg but because I had already sent in the bar code for rebate, they sent me the card back

So - apparently on 12/18/2012, Gigabyte released a BIOS update for this video card that fixes, among other things, "Fixed screen flicker problem".

You have to go here
http://www.gigabyte.us/support-download ... .aspx?cg=3
and get the VGA Tools - Easy Boost
Then install and run it and follow the instructions here
http://www.gigabyte.us/WebPage/40/index.htm
to check your existing BIOS version so you know which one to download - F11 or F22. If your BIOS is F10, you need to flash F11 and if your BIOS is F20, you need to flash F22.

BIOS is here
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... &dl=1#bios

Cons: That Gigabyte would ship a video card with this issue and that there would be an inobvious fix - video card BIOS flashing is VERY esoteric and honestly I stumbled on the fix."

Please post if you've tried this and if it worked!
Thank you for the clear instruction. Mine came with F20 and now flashed to F22. Downloading and updating took about 10 mins.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3357 posts
510 upvotes
Vancouver
i have a gt210 in my PC . Can i add this and have two cards display on two monitors?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3811 posts
16409 upvotes
TORONTO
hesp wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 4:26 pm
i have a gt210 in my PC . Can i add this and have two cards display on two monitors?
Cant you drive two monitors with your GT210? It should have more than one output ..
Jan 12, 2013
587 posts
192 upvotes
x2plyx wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 4:52 pm
Not seeing free shipping?

Also not 100% sure if it would work to replace this:
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/EAX550TD_RoHS128M/
(this is for my mother's facebook gaming machine lmao definetly in need of an upgrade)
I still see free shipping, its in the yellow box in red letters.

This card is a lot better than your old card. I have a old card similar to yours: X300SE and this card is probably around +8 tiers (levels) up from it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1491 posts
427 upvotes
PEI
gamerthumbs wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 5:49 pm
I still see free shipping, its in the yellow box in red letters.

This card is a lot better than your old card. I have a old card similar to yours: X300SE and this card is probably around +8 tiers (levels) up from it.
Add to your cart and input postal code. Says $15 shipping for me, even though product page says free ground shipping.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't even mind paying shipping if I knew for sure it would work in the machine.

I don't really know much about it other than it uses DDR3 ram since I needed to replace those for her back in the summer, it is in desperate need of a new vid card for sure (current 128mb rofl) barely even plays her facebook games apparently.

But if there's a chance to avoid shipping costs.. that would be better :P It's $14.99 once in cart >.<
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1491 posts
427 upvotes
PEI
x2plyx wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 6:23 pm
I wouldn't even mind paying shipping if I knew for sure it would work in the machine.

I don't really know much about it other than it uses DDR3 ram since I needed to replace those for her back in the summer, it is in desperate need of a new vid card for sure (current 128mb rofl) barely even plays her facebook games apparently.

But if there's a chance to avoid shipping costs.. that would be better :P It's $14.99 once in cart >.<
Newegg is about $4.51 more, so it's not a good deal at ncix if there is no free shipping.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I sent a message to ncix about the shipping thing, but apparently it takes 1-2 business days to respond lol be out of stock by that time.

Probably better off just forgetting about it for now, waiting to find out about the shipping along with the hassle of mail in rebate later on, likely more hassle than it's worth >.<
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel