Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

NCIX LG 34UM88C-P 34" Ultrawide monitor $729.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2016 3:58 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6457 posts
926 upvotes

[NCIX] NCIX LG 34UM88C-P 34" Ultrawide monitor $729.99

I have been eyeing for a 34" Ultrawide monitor for a while. Was considering the curved version LG 34UC88 on this thread. But it is still expensive and don't really feeling the curve.

NCIX has this new LG model for $729.99. Basically same specs with a flat screen instead of curved. think it is a pretty good deal for a 3440x1440 display. It is comparable in price to the Dell U3415W, though ebates.ca rebate might have it a bit lower.

What do you think? Is it a good deal or not?
14 replies
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
Hi Op..

Personally I would say go for the Dell U3415W.
Yes.. it is slightly more expensive.. I picked up the dell for around 870 tax IN (after ebates) on a sale.

The reason is.. all LG 34inch monitors only carry a 1 year warranty. Even if you use your Visa to buy, you get 1 yr of extension. However, in order to get Visa to pay you back (if there is anything wrong within 2 years), you need a LG service centre to send you a quote on how much it is to fix it. There is a lot of headaches involved.

Whereas the Dell has 3 years warranty right off the bat, plus 1 year visa warranty..

Both are great monitors but I think the Dell gives me a peace of mind.
I don't understand why LG would offer just 1 year warranty on a monitor that cost $1000 dollars
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
OP that's a good deal! I am just exiting the desktop scene having parted out a portion of my Skylake system to a buyer looking to exit 5 yr old laptop gaming, the balance being a pair of r290's sold off via craigslist, water cooling gear left.

Me however I am done with desktop gaming and water cooling which I entertained for 6 yrs, it was a good time for sure but now I just want to go latest custom laptop so it's an xoticpc.com 15.6" build w a GTX980m played out to my 29" LG Ultrawide 1080P , however this is an enticing offer but it would mean me upping to dual 980m laptop which ain't happening since I can give games I play (being older) a try on our 4K TV with future laptop.
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
andyyuen wrote: Hi Op..

Personally I would say go for the Dell U3415W.
Yes.. it is slightly more expensive.. I picked up the dell for around 870 tax IN (after ebates) on a sale.

The reason is.. all LG 34inch monitors only carry a 1 year warranty. Even if you use your Visa to buy, you get 1 yr of extension. However, in order to get Visa to pay you back (if there is anything wrong within 2 years), you need a LG service centre to send you a quote on how much it is to fix it. There is a lot of headaches involved.

Whereas the Dell has 3 years warranty right off the bat, plus 1 year visa warranty..

Both are great monitors but I think the Dell gives me a peace of mind.
I don't understand why LG would offer just 1 year warranty on a monitor that cost $1000 dollars
While I agree the warranty is short, I would never pay $120+ for an extra year or 2 of warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
roboninja wrote: While I agree the warranty is short, I would never pay $120+ for an extra year or 2 of warranty.
I know the deal has passed but the Dell was down to ~$770 plus 10% ebates last week so deals can be had on the Dell. Just a matter of if you're willing to wait or not for another one.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1417 posts
313 upvotes
London, ON
Love my just arrived Dell 3415U. Perfect match with my current setup. My upgrade is from 27+27+27 to 27+34+27. The height and ppi match with my 27in 1440p monitors. Now I have even wider desk space. Time to upgrade my aged GTX980 SLI...
Jul 8, 2014
426 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have the original version 34" with the higher resolution but I'm selling it due to buying the 43" Phillips. Anyone interested just mag me
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
roboninja wrote: While I agree the warranty is short, I would never pay $120+ for an extra year or 2 of warranty.
You're also paying for Dells replacement program. I'm not sure what LG has, but if Dell has even one stuck/dead pixel you can return it. Very very low threshold for what counts as defective with Dell.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
jtcb wrote: They charge the $19 Environment fee whereas directcanada doesn't or embedded into the price which is still the cheapest.
$24 in Ontario...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)