Expired Hot Deals

[NCIX] Linksys WRT310N Wireless N Gigabit Router $19.99 (Dec 22 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2013 6:45 am
Tags:
None
Apr 5, 2007
116 posts
32 upvotes
Bad reviews, but hopefully shouldn't matter with custom firmware.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Octanum wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:52 pm
Bad reviews, but hopefully shouldn't matter with custom firmware.
I have one with latest FW and want to get rid of it... POS, need to reset it all the time. I keep calling Rogers support and they're telling me it's the router that's the problem, and after I keep testing it they're rightfully so. Tried Tomato firmware and it seems to be a little better. Is it worth modding it into an E1000?
Apr 5, 2007
116 posts
32 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 2:40 pm
I have one with latest FW and want to get rid of it... POS, need to reset it all the time. I keep calling Rogers support and they're telling me it's the router that's the problem, and after I keep testing it they're rightfully so. Tried Tomato firmware and it seems to be a little better. Is it worth modding it into an E1000?
Hmmm, don't know much about it, but might be worth trying DD-WRT as well, if you're having troubles with Tomato.

EDIT: Hard to find which one is supposed to be better on this router.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12132 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
still waiting for mine............backordered.....
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28262 posts
802 upvotes
Received mine yesterday, haven't even opened the box yet.

Okay, I just tried updating the router using the method here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Li ... T310N_v2.0

and I'm getting no where. I've done all the steps up to #6, and when I try to "upload new firmware" it get a failed message. Tried in from Firefox, Chrome and IE, same result. Using file:

dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin

Ideas?

Update. The above file didn't work, used the one recommended on the dd-wrt site and got it flashed. I then flashed the Toastman Tomato on, seemed to work fine, went into the administration page, all was well. Disconnected, took it down and hooked it up to the modem and the rest of the network, and nada. Oddly, my voip phone worked through it but couldn't connect to the network on any computer, directly connected or wireless, nor could I access the router using 192.168.1.1. At a loss, as is my $30. Should have jumped on the Asus RT-N66U deal. Oh well.
× < >