Expired Hot Deals

[NCIX] MASSIVE KANTO SPEAKERS / SUB IN-STORE SALE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:38 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
32 posts
33 upvotes
ravi121 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:41 am
I have to highlight one issue here. I'm not an expert on speakers at all but last time when the YU4 was on sale, I bought it. The speakers shut down after around 40 or so minutes (did not see track of the time, as it happened when I was doing some research work and the music was playing on the side) automatically, particularly when on blue tooth. Also, the glossy catches the fingerprints easily. It is a leap of faith to buy them. Good luck!
Did you call their support? From all accounts their support is fantastic. I've read online where they have replaced speakers no questions asked. Stuff happens and defects happen. It's the world that we live in.
Variability wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:47 am
Did they have it in stock or did you have to order them for a later date? I want the YU6 red glossy but it says pre-order...
I called before to check stock levels. I would suggest you do the same as well. You can also check to see if you go to the store to make a payment and see if they're willing to ship to your address afterwards. Technically, this is still being purchased "in-store". I wish I had more details for you, but I don't.
tictaq wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:02 am
Is this for a pair or single?
Pair.
Deriot wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:25 am
Does anyone have eyes on the 8-inch subwoofer prices? Been looking for a SUB8GW for like 2 years now.
Looks like they are not offering the SUB8, but rather the SUB6 instead.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2210 posts
325 upvotes
I wish there was a way to get them without the risk of a restocking fee. Best Buy wouldn't price match.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21447 posts
2312 upvotes
This sale has been going on for some time, with coupon codes--some tech fair business IIRC. For some reason I thought it must have been posted here already, so I never bothered posting the deal myself.

Never really been a fan of "computer speakers" myself, so I never thought it much of anything special anyway. Figured these were basically just overpriced to begin with and the coupon-price is basically what they should sell for anyway. : shrug :
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21447 posts
2312 upvotes
This sale has been going on for some time, with coupon codes--some tech fair business IIRC. For some reason I thought it must have been posted here already, so I never bothered posting the deal myself.

Never really been a fan of "computer speakers" myself, so I never thought it much of anything special anyway. Figured these were basically just overpriced to begin with and the coupon-price is basically what they should sell for anyway. : shrug :
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
32 posts
33 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:36 am

The YU2's are really the only glorified "computer speakers". YU4's and YU6's are bookshelf speakers that can be computer speakers if you choose. If you're a music junkie like I am, than these are fantastic. If you're not, than move on. For decent bookshelf speakers, you're easily looking at this price range.
Apr 20, 2005
310 posts
60 upvotes
I own YU5s and they're good - a noticeable upgrade from Logitech THX speakers and similar.

Got my set for $200 with a $30 gift card from NCIX in 2015. They've jacked up the prices since then, maybe to appear more like an AudioEngine competitor. At similar prices, I'd go for AE.
Dec 18, 2010
271 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
Just moved to an apartment and thinking about YU2's to replace Klipsch Promedia 2.1's I have. Don't think I'll need the subwoofer anymore. Can anyone couch for the YU2's for a small office setup?
Jan 8, 2015
229 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A while back, I had a bunch of Staples gift cards and I decided to use them on some Kanto speakers since they were pretty much all on sale. I ended up getting the Yu5's, the Yaro2 set, and the Yuri 8" subwoofer. I've been very happy with all of them. No issues with bluetooth connections or anything.

I use the Yu5's and Yuri Sub in the living room and the Yaro2 setup in my den/office. I'd like to get a sub for The Yaro2 and I think the 6" will work well.

I see a few problems with this sale right now though. It says that they have to be regular priced items, but many of the Yu2's are on sale already and unfortunately for me, they don't have stock of the Sub6 in any of the stores. It's only showing stock at the warehouses. Maybe you can buy in-store with shipping to the store?
Nov 9, 2010
426 posts
261 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I'm more interested in the YARO 2 amp since I'm looking for a small desktop speaker amp with headphone and sub out but it seems like there's no coupon for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1046 posts
222 upvotes
Scarborough
bought a pair of SP-26 speaker stand in January for $99 at NCIX so $89 is very good.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
32 posts
33 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:31 pm
A while back, I had a bunch of Staples gift cards and I decided to use them on some Kanto speakers since they were pretty much all on sale. I ended up getting the Yu5's, the Yaro2 set, and the Yuri 8" subwoofer. I've been very happy with all of them. No issues with bluetooth connections or anything.

I use the Yu5's and Yuri Sub in the living room and the Yaro2 setup in my den/office. I'd like to get a sub for The Yaro2 and I think the 6" will work well.

I see a few problems with this sale right now though. It says that they have to be regular priced items, but many of the Yu2's are on sale already and unfortunately for me, they don't have stock of the Sub6 in any of the stores. It's only showing stock at the warehouses. Maybe you can buy in-store with shipping to the store?
They're on sale online but I went to the associate and told them to charge me regular price because the offer is better. The associate obliged and still gave me the offer. I think the 199.99 is only for online. Speak with an associate and sugar coat them if you want the deal.
Aug 29, 2009
376 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Deriot wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:25 am
Does anyone have eyes on the 8-inch subwoofer prices? Been looking for a SUB8GW for like 2 years now.
I bought one back in March at Staples for $280 - $15 coupon. I've seen them for cheaper in the past but really couldn't wait any longer. I noticed they don't go on sale as often anymore, which might speak positive of their success.
Jul 20, 2016
424 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
manoy385 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 2:04 pm
I'm more interested in the YARO 2 amp since I'm looking for a small desktop speaker amp with headphone and sub out but it seems like there's no coupon for it.
hmm are those good?

I'm asking cuz Kanto is selling it with speakers on their newegg shop for 199. wondering if it's worth a step up from yu2.

Although from Kanto itself https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kanto-yaro ... lk/1599913 YU3 (also 199 no newegg store) and YU4 (239 ncix) should be better than YARO2 - (not that it matter much for you, if you're looking just for amp/dac)

I was thinking in get Lepai 2020TI and a pair of Micca MB42X ; but not sure if I'd need a decent DAC or my onboard sound would do the trick... and on that case getting this yaro2/yu2/yu3 looks like a good idea haha
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 9, 2010
426 posts
261 upvotes
Richmond, BC
neonic wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:58 pm
hmm are those good?

I'm asking cuz Kanto is selling it with speakers on their newegg shop for 199. wondering if it's worth a step up from yu2.

Although from Kanto itself https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kanto-yaro ... lk/1599913 YU3 (also 199 no newegg store) and YU4 (239 ncix) should be better than YARO2 - (not that it matter much for you, if you're looking just for amp/dac)

I was thinking in get Lepai 2020TI and a pair of Micca MB42X ; but not sure if I'd need a decent DAC or my onboard sound would do the trick... and on that case getting this yaro2/yu2/yu3 looks like a good idea haha
Not sure if they are good but I think they would be worth it at around $100-$150 for the standalone dac/amp if there were coupons. I was also thinking of getting the Lepai but I'm planning to pair it with either a KEF Q100 or ELAC B5($200 for a pair at amazon.ca a few weeks back) so I was looking around for something a bit better. Do you know any decent budget speaker dac/amp combos with headphone/sub out? Searching around amazon there only seems to be SMSL and Topping to choose from around that price range.
Jan 8, 2015
229 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dlo416 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:29 pm
They're on sale online but I went to the associate and told them to charge me regular price because the offer is better. The associate obliged and still gave me the offer. I think the 199.99 is only for online. Speak with an associate and sugar coat them if you want the deal.
I'm only interested in the Sub6, but they have no stock in store and this deal is supposed to be in-store only. :(