Expired Hot Deals

[NCIX] MASSIVE KANTO SPEAKERS / SUB IN-STORE SALE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:38 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
1884 posts
340 upvotes
That is so sad...I have been wanting this for so long. :(
Jan 4, 2007
8 posts
The coupons are gone, does anyone have the codes for YU6 and SUB6?

ETA:

Found them in google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... m/coupons/
BUT....
got a buddy to go into Langley store to grab a set of YU6 for me, and they told him it was a 1-use code and someone has used it already. Did anyone else run into this? Any way to convince them to use it anyways?
Nov 13, 2011
375 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Got the YU5s a while back. Can confirm they are great speakers for the price! They don't really need a sub if youre just using them as computer speakers
Dec 8, 2015
2 posts
The coupon apparently expires on Friday (today, not the 31st) according to one of the sales rep I talked to today at the Burnaby store. And the coupons are not found online anymore due to limited stocks. I lucked out and she asked the manager for me and I was able to get the last bamboo one for the discounted price.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
32 posts
33 upvotes
mofunoko wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:20 am
The coupon apparently expires on Friday (today, not the 31st) according to one of the sales rep I talked to today at the Burnaby store. And the coupons are not found online anymore due to limited stocks. I lucked out and she asked the manager for me and I was able to get the last bamboo one for the discounted price.
That's a lie. I have a friend who took a screenshot of the coupon. It says the EOM. It doesn't matter for you, but man, I would have been pissed!
Apr 27, 2006
645 posts
13 upvotes
Thornhill
I totally missed this sale! :(

What were the prices on the YU4 and the YU6?
Mar 20, 2016
78 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
sane wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:35 pm
I totally missed this sale! :(

What were the prices on the YU4 and the YU6?
YU6 was 290, YU4 wasn't that much less I think 260.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2208 posts
325 upvotes
jpwkr1 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:39 pm
YU6 was 290, YU4 wasn't that much less I think 260.
YU4 was 239 if I recall correctly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5654 posts
220 upvotes
If the Kanto people are listening have an Amazon sale too! I want to upgrade my book shelf speakers but no NCIX near me.
Apr 27, 2006
645 posts
13 upvotes
Thornhill
dbdudley wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:40 pm
YU4 was 239 if I recall correctly.
Damn. And the subs?
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
32 posts
33 upvotes
sane wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:58 pm
Damn. And the subs?
169$ for the SUB6
Nov 28, 2011
498 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
thomas997 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:04 pm
I picked up the YU6 and the sound quality is impressive.
However the noise floor is not great. It would be fine at work or when used as a bookshelf, but for me I am overly sensitive to noise floor. The amp being used inside is a TDA7498.

Will sell them at some point in vancouver if anyone is interested.
This.

I originally purchased a pair of white YU5 speakers near their EOL cycle. They turned out to be duds. I reached out to Kanto and they were wonderful in addressing the problem and sent me YU6s as replacements.
However, the YU6s have a very high noise floor for near-field listening. The hissing sound is very distracting when you're on low-medium volume.

I thought the YU6s I received were potentially duds as well, but Kanto was very quick to address and test this with their own units. Seems like it's a spec issue.

Great sound. It's a shame.... If the noise floor wasn't as bad, these would be absolutely phenomenal. Right now, I'd give maybe an 8/10 :(. Kanto has let me know they're working on reducing the noise floor. Will wait to see what comes with those :)
Mar 20, 2016
78 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
bluegang6 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:32 pm
This.

I originally purchased a pair of white YU5 speakers near their EOL cycle. They turned out to be duds. I reached out to Kanto and they were wonderful in addressing the problem and sent me YU6s as replacements.
However, the YU6s have a very high noise floor for near-field listening. The hissing sound is very distracting when you're on low-medium volume.

I thought the YU6s I received were potentially duds as well, but Kanto was very quick to address and test this with their own units. Seems like it's a spec issue.

Great sound. It's a shame.... If the noise floor wasn't as bad, these would be absolutely phenomenal. Right now, I'd give maybe an 8/10 :(. Kanto has let me know they're working on reducing the noise floor. Will wait to see what comes with those :)
So they are trying to reduce it on the YU6 in another revision? Would they send you that for free?
I'll send them an email as well, to let them know its something many people care about.

I was going to attempt to clean it up myself, the main issue I see is that the power supply is right next to the amp. But it could be more complex than shielding/filtering the supply. I will let you know if I am able to improve it.