Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal

NCIX is not reliable online retailer

I have placed an order on Dec 1st, 2013 (yes it was Sunday, I know). On Monday they have put my order into status Processed and charged the full amount on my credit card. But till Dec 5, I didn't get any news from them for the shipping day or update status. I want to cancel my order but they use the trick to put the order in the status Processed to block customer to cancel the order either they can not ship the product because it was out of stock or for any reason else. That pratice is really bad. I have paid 8.99$ + tax for the shipping and handling but the service is really suck. Comparing with FutureShop, BestBuy, Staples, Dell there are always free shipping (some for order 25$+ ). I didn't buy that much on NCIX website, but usually with the others and newegg.ca with a very good experience. This is my last purchase on NCIX .

How about your experience ?

Regards

Thomas
22 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2005
1113 posts
16 upvotes
GTA
That's nothing. My order is still not shipped yet having ordered on the 28th, Black Friday sale. They certainty making me think twice before ordering from them again.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
Last Friday, Nov 29, I have ordered several things from Dell and Staples, I have all received on Monday, especially with free shipping. It's really amazing. Two other orders on Sunday Dec 1st with FutureShop and BestBuy all have been shipped and may be received tomorrow.

Another bad thing on NCIX forums website, if you post something negative about your purchase experience, they may block your post. If you use the same IP to read the forum then you can see your post. With another IP (other people surely), your post will not be visible . What's an intelligent strategy to hide the negative comments
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2005
1113 posts
16 upvotes
GTA
really? that's terrible. They should spend resource on getting orders out instead of creating bad rep. and try to hide it.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, I just discovered that feature on their forums. I have 2 computers 1 from home and 1 at work. With the one from home I have used to post my complain about the slow shipping either I have paid for that, on that computer I can see my post. On other computer at work my post is not visible. They don't check with account login but filter by IP (I'm professional developer and I know what was behind the scene)
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
Kasakato wrote:
Dec 5th, 2013 1:23 pm
Call them?
Many peoples have called them, but the answer is they will ship ASAP, no precise date.

I can confirm that if we post a negative comment about their business they will remove the post. I have reconnect my router and get new IP address, my previous post has been gone. I really hate the dishonest doing business like that company. Anyone knows how to cancel the order if it was not shipped yet ? I think to call my credit card company for asking them to make a charge back and let NCIX deals with them.

Thomas Tran
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1811 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
I think they say 5 business days for shipment on their policies (not sure).

if it is too long (more than 5 business days), dont pay. you can contact your credit card company or paypal and ask for a chargeback. No items delivered, no date of shipment, not paying. the credit card company will contact them and if they dont deliver the items will cancel the transaction.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4787 posts
846 upvotes
nothing new here, they always take your money first and let you wait..I once had to wait 4 weeks for something to be transferred from BC lol thats why I tend to stay away unless its a really good deal. Calling them wont do anything they will tell you to call another place which that place will tell you to call someone in BC then that person sends you back to the very first place you called and the whole cycle begins again.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
In their forum, certain persons get mad about that company now. I hate that they have used RFD forum for advertising and they was named "Sponsor" that make people get wrong about that company. We need a section for consumer to post review on those bad companies. Or I will make a website call something like Canadian Retailler Ratting or something similar :-)
Aug 19, 2013
41 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
I heard they were super swamped. I ordered on Cyber Monday and only got notification today. 5 days later. Xmas rush and backlog....
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1233 upvotes
Sauga
ThomasTran wrote:
Dec 5th, 2013 1:10 pm
I didn't buy that much on NCIX website, but usually with the others and newegg.ca with a very good experience.

It's not just NCIX. I placed an order with Newegg.ca on Tuesday morning, and chose the "Will Call" (pick up from warehouse) for shipping. Their website says usually orders placed before 3:30pm are ready for pickup the same day. My credit card was charged the same day, but the status has been stuck on "Packaging" since Tuesday. They didn't even reply to my support ticket on Thursday. It's annoying, but I figure they've got a lot of orders to deal with. I'll try to contact them by phone on Tuesday if the order status still hasn't budged.

Anyway, bottom line: it's not a problem unique to NCIX. Patience is needed during the busy periods.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2009
535 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
Not the problem of patience or not. They are a bunch of liars. The product is not in stock and they don't know when they will have it. I have finally called them and get answer like that and had the order cancelled. My friend is in the same situation. Since BF & Cyber Monday I have ordered many items from several online retailers like Staples, Dell, FutureShop, BestBuy. I have all received, the lastest was on last Friday (dec 13) from BB & FS. If you read on their forums you will see a lot of people have problem. Not only because the busy period but other problems as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2882 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal
It must've been out of stock or something it doesn'tmake sense. I ordered a few things on Dec 3 and it shipped out the next day as it was 4pm and received it 2 days later. I ordered a computer on the 6th it didn't ship out. If you're in a rush for a product look at their stock and see where they have it. Standard shipping will be 5 bus days from BC so upgrade to express shipping.

I've easily changed or cancelled an order by email before it shipped out without problems. I wasn't too thrilled when memory that I ordered wasn't stocked again but when it's back ordered it's a chance you take if their supplier can get it or not.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2507 posts
1005 upvotes
MARKHAM
i ordered from them about a week ago online. went to the store to pick up something else and ask for a cancel for the online order, i received a cancellation email on the same day and got refund the next day. i dunno maybe you need to call customer service.