Shopping Discussion

NCIX order, CanadaPost lost the package...

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2011 2:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 20, 2003
11 posts
1 upvote

NCIX order, CanadaPost lost the package...

So back on January 31st, I placed an order through NCIX for one of these drives:
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=58343&vpn ... Technology

(which had been available at the time, with a MIR for $20 as well.)

On checkout I did not get the exended insurance, so the shipping method's basic insurance applies - XpressPost / $100.

It should have taken 2 days (after processing the order) to reach me in Toronto.

The current tracking status from Canada Post is:

Code: Select all

Date 	Time 	Location	Description	Retail Location	Signatory Name
2011/01/31	14:49	VANCOUVER	Order information received by Canada Post		
	13:23	RICHMOND	        Item picked up by Canada Post
I've contacted NCIX, and after a buch of confusion on their end, a trace was started.

I'm still waiting for it to complete, and have been thinking that the worst case after the $100 insurance, I'm going to be out $100. The best case would be the package gets delivered, but as the date for the MIR is Tuesday Feb 22nd it looks like I'd only be out the MIR.

I'm getting tempted to call VISA once the trace is complete (assuming the package is lost) and ask for a chargeback.

Any other ideas or suggestions from anyone on how to approach this?

Thanks,

Andrew
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1362 posts
154 upvotes
AndrewDutton wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 8:20 pm
So back on January 31st, I placed an order through NCIX for one of these drives:
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=58343&vpn ... Technology

(which had been available at the time, with a MIR for $20 as well.)

On checkout I did not get the exended insurance, so the shipping method's basic insurance applies - XpressPost / $100.

It should have taken 2 days (after processing the order) to reach me in Toronto.

The current tracking status from Canada Post is:

Code: Select all

Date 	Time 	Location	Description	Retail Location	Signatory Name
2011/01/31	14:49	VANCOUVER	Order information received by Canada Post		
	13:23	RICHMOND	        Item picked up by Canada Post
I've contacted NCIX, and after a buch of confusion on their end, a trace was started.

I'm still waiting for it to complete, and have been thinking that the worst case after the $100 insurance, I'm going to be out $100. The best case would be the package gets delivered, but as the date for the MIR is Tuesday Feb 22nd it looks like I'd only be out the MIR.

I'm getting tempted to call VISA once the trace is complete (assuming the package is lost) and ask for a chargeback.

Any other ideas or suggestions from anyone on how to approach this?

Thanks,

Andrew
There's isn't much you can do to be honest.
For clarity, you took off/declined shipping insurance (not to be confused with, failure to add it), and as a result the maximum coverage is $100.

If you attempt a chargeback, all the retailer would have to do is simply provide tracking information and it will be denied.

What you should do, leave the shipping insurance on next time.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2003
11 posts
1 upvote
Stinger wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 9:15 pm
There's isn't much you can do to be honest.
For clarity, you took off/declined shipping insurance (not to be confused with, failure to add it), and as a result the maximum coverage is $100.

I didn't add to the base amount.

As to the chargeback I was thinking (assuming that canada post lost it) as I have paid for the item and I did not recieve the item it would qualify.

Andrew
Feb 4, 2011
147 posts
17 upvotes
AndrewDutton wrote:
Feb 18th, 2011 9:18 pm
I didn't add to the base amount.

As to the chargeback I was thinking (assuming that canada post lost it) as I have paid for the item and I did not recieve the item it would qualify.

Andrew

You can file a chargeback. You don't need shipping insurance. Till you receive the product, the vendor is responsible and they are bound by merchant agreement.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix-shi ... ce-726877/