Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Please delete dead deal

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 9:32 pm
Tags:
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON

[NCIX] Please delete dead deal

seems like a good price for these highly rated speakers. I tried to PM them at Staples to add the $20 coupon but they would not because of the limited quantities
http://www.ncix.com/detail/kanto-yu5-po ... omoid=1382

Last edited by pman113 on Mar 3rd, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1255 posts
1448 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
bought the yu3s during boxing week for a little more...at this price this is a no brainer. I ain't no audiophile, but these speakers are very good value for the sounds that come out them.
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
I have both, love them both. Still looking for a good deal on a decent sub for the yu5's
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1232 posts
617 upvotes
GTA
Thanks I've been waiting forever for this to go on sale again. Glad I waited cuz matte versions are on sale as well.
Jan 6, 2010
595 posts
749 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Still waiting forever for a sale on the Sub 8...sigh.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
These are BT 4.0 so it means my laptop with the old BT 2.0 won't be able to connect? I wasn't able to connect to the Logitech MX Anywhere 2. I'm definitely interested in the YU3s.

EDIT: Any reason to consider the YU5 over the YU3 other than the power output?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1589 posts
173 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Are these good to hookup to a av receiver for a 2.1 solution?
Aug 3, 2012
191 posts
214 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Keep in mind these will soon be discontinued and replaced by the more powerful Yu4's and Yu6's. That said, the Yu3's are amazing
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
I wish I bought these instead of the yu2's. The yu2's are great, but I thought these would look too big on the desk. Now I think the yu2's look too small.
Feb 24, 2016
38 posts
7 upvotes
TDOTO
Same let me know if you hear or see something on the sub!
Aug 29, 2015
65 posts
58 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
If anyone in this thread has questions about our speakers feel free to PM me!
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
KantoLiving wrote: If anyone in this thread has questions about our speakers feel free to PM me!
In your biased opinion (lol), what would be a good sub to pair the speakers with besides the sub8's which seem to never go on sale?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
jack1984 wrote: In your biased opinion (lol), what would be a good sub to pair the speakers with besides the sub8's which seem to never go on sale?
If you can find a polk audio psw111 for a good price its a great 8" sub.

It's what I'm using with my YU2's.
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
nadrojcote wrote: If you can find a polk audio psw111 for a good price its a great 8" sub.

It's what I'm using with my YU2's.
Thanks, will look into those.
Aug 29, 2015
65 posts
58 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
jack1984 wrote: In your biased opinion (lol), what would be a good sub to pair the speakers with besides the sub8's which seem to never go on sale?
Pretty much any budget home theatre will work. The brands I personally like (not a reflection of the opinion of Kanto) are Yamaha, Polk, BIC, Dayton. Fluance and Definitive Technologies might be a good place to look too, seems like they're pretty easy to find in Canada.
Jan 6, 2010
595 posts
749 upvotes
Montreal, QC
KantoLiving wrote: If anyone in this thread has questions about our speakers feel free to PM me!
What's up with the stock levels of the SUB8GW? I don't know if you can specifically answer for the case of Massdrop, where it is never offered in the options when the Sub has a drop.

Been waiting on a good deal for that sub for two years now...
Dec 30, 2016
217 posts
122 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, OP. Price matched at BestBuy.ca and got it for around 209. Was a little hesitate to buy this since ppl say audioengine speakers are better but at this price with Bluetooth function, why not.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
nightshiftcrawler wrote: Thanks, OP. Price matched at BestBuy.ca and got it for around 209. Was a little hesitate to buy this since ppl say audioengine speakers are better but at this price with Bluetooth function, why not.
Did you get a credit for your purchase adjustment yet? After calling 5x, i was able to get a price adjustment done, but the CSR specifically told me that he approved the price adjustment to be filtered by head office. Apparently, all over the phone price beats need to go through HQ.

The deal looks dead right now, and I'm concerned that come monday/tuesday, they'll just say the speakers aren't on sale anymore :(.

Ty OP. Bit the bullet in the yu5 at Best Buy :)