Shopping Discussion

NCIX Shipping - Opinions on shipping insurance?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2013 3:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
339 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough

NCIX Shipping - Opinions on shipping insurance?

I've bought some stuff, got the 10 dollar gift card for free shipping... I also declined the shipping insurance. Starting to wonder if they used UPS or Purolator. Sometimes i worry that ups will throw the box to my porch or leave it at the door. What do you folks do? Also would I be shitt outta luck if UPS did one of the above and my package was damaged or stolen?

Also, your opinions on shipping insurance in general is appreciated!
57 replies
Banned
Feb 22, 2009
90 posts
BC
For the pittance the insurance will cost you I can't see why you wouldn't get it but that is just my opinion...
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
It is the responsibility of the seller to make sure the buyer receives the items.
If the items you received are damaged, fake, stolen, lost you have every right to file for chargeback.
Shipping insurance is a scam to me.
I am paying for items, and want them delivered
Banned
Feb 22, 2009
90 posts
BC
Lulz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2009 7:52 pm
It is the responsibility of the seller to make sure the buyer receives the items.
If the items you received are damaged, fake, stolen, lost you have every right to file for chargeback.
Shipping insurance is a scam to me.
I am paying for items, and want them delivered
I would like to hear you argue that in small claims court! ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
neilvan wrote:
Apr 15th, 2009 7:57 pm
I would like to hear you argue that in small claims court! ;)
I will let Visa handle that.
As far as I am concerned, I paid for items using VISA, but did not get them.
That's fraud. If NCIX can not provide proof of delivery (a.k.a. the signature), then the item was not delivered.

It's not my problem package was left at the door even when it clearly says Signature Required
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
339 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
do all ncix packages say signature required?

Also, what about damages during the shipping phase?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
Dough wrote:
Apr 15th, 2009 9:27 pm
do all ncix packages say signature required?

Also, what about damages during the shipping phase?
But you paid for non-damaged items, right?
I know what I say might seem arrogant and silly, but people have to understand their rights as a buyer.
You pay for fully working item.
You either not get the items, or you get them damaged...both of which cases are covered under chargeback's policy.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1707 posts
92 upvotes
Ottawa
can you really argue that? i completely agree with you, but the courts might not? :P
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
pace wrote:
Apr 15th, 2009 10:07 pm
can you really argue that? i completely agree with you, but the courts might not? :P
Courts?
On what grounds will NCIX bring me to court?
I've paid for item but received nothing.
They will have absolutely no grounds to bring anyone to court for doing chargeback.

VISA will ask for proof from NCIX stating that the item was delivered.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2007
1588 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
no, insurance is a tax on the stupid, but thanks for supporting ncix's low prices for me!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2003
2174 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Shipping & Risks during Shipping

When products are shipped to you by common carrier, NCIX.com's liability to you for breakage and/or non-delivery of the products by the common carrier to you will be limited by the limits of liability provided by the common carrier's terms and conditions of carriage. You may wish to purchase insurance from loss or breakage during carriage for full insurable value of the products you have ordered by making the appropriate requests when placing your order with NCIX.com.[/QUOTE]

http://ncix.com/customercare/#ship

Honestly, do you expect NCIX to have complete control over what happens with the carrier? If you purchase from NCIX, then you agree to their terms of service.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1615 posts
173 upvotes
poppa wrote:
Apr 16th, 2009 10:03 am

Honestly, do you expect NCIX to have complete control over what happens with the carrier? If you purchase from NCIX, then you agree to their terms of service.
I don't understand the whole 'pay insurance' for delivery. It's part of the delivery companies JOB to deliver on time, to make sure the receiver gets it and that it's not broken. You shouldn't pay for a SERVICE that should be done CORRECTLY in the first place. Everyone is using the 'insurance' method instead of try to get better which will reduce the problems and doing the job correctly has it should be done.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2003
1341 posts
7 upvotes
poppa wrote:
Apr 16th, 2009 10:03 am

And NCIX agrees to the credit card's charge-back policy :razz:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
2338 posts
34 upvotes
I just purchased a monitor off them.

For insurance I just went with the Express Pixel replacement thingy. For insurance I figured I didn't need it since I got that? Hopefully all works out well.

Also, does anyone know with UPS shipping, if it says "in transit", does it mean its to be delivered today? It had its departure scan last night at 12am to come into the Hamilton depot today I think. Don't know if that means they haven't updated it yet or what.

Thanks