Expired Hot Deals

NCIX: SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard - $29.99 ($17.49 @ ME)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2013 10:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto

NCIX: SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard - $29.99 ($17.49 @ ME)

Great deal on this Zboard backlit gaming keyboard with dedicated "butterfly" keys, for those who don't like the feel of the WASD keys for gaming.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX24332 $79.99

$17.49 after PM at ME with FREE SHIPPING

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=25780& ... omoid=1029 $29.99

---

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 33039.aspx $79.95

$35.99 after PM at FS (use CC link to PM)

It's fully backlit with 3 colours and butterfly gaming movement keys.

---
edit: added new NCIX link for $39
27 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1384 posts
181 upvotes
Good price, but tbh this is one of the ugliest looking keyboards I've seen in a while lol.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Rsnav09 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2013 6:02 pm
You can also PM @ FS.

Question: is this really good quality keyboard?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 35b4f7en02
Last time I was playing around with one it had issues. Like the keyboard would stop responding or giving erroneous input after a while until I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back it. I bet they fixed that issue by now.

Actually, this keyboard was designed by a Toronto company and I was called in as part of a survey group to help design it. I told them to make it so the number keys are normal size (they wanted them to be much smaller) and they fixed it like so :)
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1620 posts
175 upvotes
Burlington
Reminds me of those lame Z-Boards that were around a few years back.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered one PM'ed from ME... for ~$43 it's a steal. I really like the butterfly keys from the old Zboard with interchangeable keysets that I used to have (I got for free from survey), and there's a weird nostalgia I get knowing I helped design it. Hopefully they fixed the issues I had earlier with it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
At ME the deal will end because they're also putting it on sale this Tuesday, so today is last day (until 9pm).

Aug 8, 2004
68 posts
1 upvote
Great deal for this keyboard. I have one and can give the following advice:

- For typing it's not so great. The offset keyboard (to the right to make space for the left "gamepad" area) really messes with my typing. Kind of like walking on a slanted floor. The number pad also shares the normal mid-keyboard arrow keys & Insert/Home etc.
- for gaming it's great. Having the dedicated gaming area on the left is very functional, and I find it also helps with posture.

- The software packaged with the game says that it supports many games, but I think they stopped issuing updates about 5 years ago. However, you can program the keyboard to work the way you want it, and it can be customized for various games based on the .exe that launches. That said, I found it did not work 100%. It did work well enough.

The keyboard is good quality, and is well protected from spills & dirt. I think I got this for about $50 a few years ago, and it was a great buy for a gaming keyboard.
Dec 3, 2012
532 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gimmicky, rubber dome keyboard. Unless you're averse to mechanical keyboards, I'd pass on this one.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
CC now has it on sale as well... you can PM at FS with CC or ME's in-store price (depending where you are geographically to store) and get it for $46.99, with 30 day return.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
NCIX has it on sale again, but now with Free S&H. ME can match that.
May 10, 2013
420 posts
98 upvotes
Staples has it for $39.99(clearance) bought one yesterday. Maybe ymmv.
Mar 10, 2008
370 posts
111 upvotes
Quebec City
Been using this keyboard for a few years also. Solid build quality, great feel even for a non mechanical kb. The gaming terrain is awesome and is far more than just gimmick. It's really hard to go back to WSAD after using that. It's easy on the wrist for extended gaming sessions, and I found that area to be far more usable than the G keys on comparable Logitech keyboards (I've owned both).

As for typing, I do agree with mordraken, the layout is hard to get used to and not very effective.
× < >