Page 2 of 2

Re: NCIX in store pickup

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2013 12:01 pm
by JugaJatt
NCIX delivery from warehouse to store isn't that great/accurate. I ordered cpu and a case on the Dec 26 and still don't have it till today. When you check stock it says delivery from warehouse to store 1-2 days :rolleyes:

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 1:27 pm
by NickX
So I picked up a new CPU/Mobo/Ram, with In Store for Mississauga. First time shopping with NCIX, so can I just go pick it up? Their is stock, and I'm getting impatient waiting for this email. Such a redundant process if I have to wait so long to pick up my items.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 2:08 pm
by tmpz
NickX wrote: So I picked up a new CPU/Mobo/Ram, with In Store for Mississauga. First time shopping with NCIX, so can I just go pick it up? Their is stock, and I'm getting impatient waiting for this email. Such a redundant process if I have to wait so long to pick up my items.
If there's a fair number in stock, go. I'd call in if it said 1 in stock.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 2:21 pm
by NickX
NickX wrote: So I picked up a new CPU/Mobo/Ram, with In Store for Mississauga. First time shopping with NCIX, so can I just go pick it up? Their is stock, and I'm getting impatient waiting for this email. Such a redundant process if I have to wait so long to pick up my items.
There is 4 of my CPU/ 10+ Ram, and 4 MOBOs, I''ll just drive by, its paid for anyway, really they want to deny me?

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 2:40 pm
by jetway1212
They're doing shady tactics too, especially for sale like boxing days. Even at the time you made the order, the item was in stock. They still sell those stocks for any walk-in customers knowing they already have sales from you (charged your credit card). Then they requested you to wait for stocking.

What a poor piss customer service. I'm getting fed up now that I don't even bother calling in to cancel but dispute thro my CC.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 3:17 pm
by arclite
I called head office and they said you only get that confirmation email once they actually get the item from the shelf and reserve it for you.

If you ordered online, and requested in-store pickup, you can just go in, pick the item from the shelf, tell the salesperson you ordered it online, give them the order number, then you are good to go. You don't need to wait to receive the email that the item is ready for pickup, it just needs to be processed.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 6:56 pm
by mdl.tor
arclite wrote: I called head office and they said you only get that confirmation email once they actually get the item from the shelf and reserve it for you.

If you ordered online, and requested in-store pickup, you can just go in, pick the item from the shelf, tell the salesperson you ordered it online, give them the order number, then you are good to go. You don't need to wait to receive the email that the item is ready for pickup, it just needs to be processed.
I have yet to receive the pickup email in a timely fashion. As arclite indicates, you can typically go pick up. However, for the first time this year, even though they showed stock in store (and I could see the item on the shelf), they indicated they were reserved for other customers and I had to come back. Essentially, their in store stock does not seem to reflect available stock. As a result, I would always call before driving down to make sure. They can be hard to get on the phone as well. In store I find their service generally friendly and prompt though.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 6:59 pm
by carmaster
Don't wait around for the email guys. Give them a call to see if your order is ready. The last 3 times I did not receive any emails.