• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2015 12:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1281 posts
370 upvotes
Amourek wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 2:38 pm
It's almost like they're importing the stuff and marking it up to make some profit on their end. Inconceivable!
You're right, and i apologize for making a post trying to give people an idea of what that difference is. Clearly RFD is not the appropriate place that that kind of discussion. :confused:
May 13, 2009
4771 posts
8502 upvotes
Scarborough
Got the same Mi box for 299.00 RMB (less than $60 CDN) directly from Xiaomi when I was in China a month ago. So yes we are looking at at least 50% mark up here.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/xiaomi-mi-bo ... 1-1281.htm

if you can read chinese:
http://www.mi.com/hezis/
Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules and tips, read before posting
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/complet ... g-2031308/
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2810 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
noregister wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 1:18 pm
This doesn't surprise me at all since NCIX is based in BC and BC is a Chinese colony.
now i know why there's a Hongcouver & Licheeemen :D
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2796 posts
1528 upvotes
Canadia
noregister wrote:
This doesn't surprise me at all since NCIX is based in BC and BC is a Chinese colony.
Racist. Stats Can says that 10.6% of BC residents classify themselves as Chinese. Twice as many consider themselves of Scottish heritage. ;)
Dec 23, 2010
147 posts
43 upvotes
The price is ridiculous,even the pp.
This is NOT a deal.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2908 posts
2322 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
noregister wrote:
scotsum wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:04 pm
now i know why there's a Hongcouver & Licheeemen :D
Seriously? By that logic you could call all of the rest of the world an American colony. Stop thanking the poster, please.
retrothing wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:12 pm
Racist. Stats Can says that 10.6% of BC residents classify themselves as Chinese. Twice as many consider themselves of Scottish heritage. ;)
Too much casual racism passing as valuable opinion on RFD, especially when it comes to Vancouver's reality market.
Mar 20, 2013
39 posts
12 upvotes
Surrey
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:30 pm
Seriously? By that logic you could call all of the rest of the world an American colony. Stop thanking the poster, please.

Too much casual racism passing as valuable opinion on RFD, especially when it comes to Vancouver's reality market.
Agreed. This banter about the Chinese population is completely off topic, offensive and unnecessary.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
I just have a question: who the hell will buy xiaomi product at these prices? their note at almost 700$? you can probably get a nexus 6 at that price.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
retrothing wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:12 pm
and the other 40% Chinese would classify themselves as Canadian? :razz:
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3898 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
Over priced,I got mi band for $20,but took 40 days to arrive from ********.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1253 posts
253 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
fengfenglee wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 6:17 pm
I just have a question: who the hell will buy xiaomi product at these prices? their note at almost 700$? you can probably get a nexus 6 at that price.
+1 on that. I would buy an Elephone or Ubefone or whatever for $200 ish rather than $700 on a similar price to a NA phone. For that price someone can nibble on my chode.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2810 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
Nikhilvoid wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 5:30 pm

no need to get your panties in a knot bud. fwiw, im of chinese descent as well so its not a racist statement for me. its my opinion the gva is more asia than canada. sadly its certainly not the canada i grew up in...for better or worse.

instead of getting all screwed up inside, i choose to laugh about it which is btw, THE CANADIAN THING TO DO.

im know im OT here but fwiw, imho whats wrong with this country isnt color. its ppl who come here expecting to be just like "back home". if things dont suit them like back home, they scream racism. its NOT!

i have no issues with ppl of different creed or color. the only issues i have is ppl trying to change canada to suit them instead of the other way round. just sayin........ ;)
Dec 12, 2009
103 posts
9 upvotes
rui wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 6:25 pm
Over priced,I got mi band for $20,but took 40 days to arrive from ********.
Like some people have said you pay extra for the reliability and speed of getting it from NCIX instead of direct from China. I can see advantages to both methods (although for these cheap items I'm far more likely to just say screw it and wait a month) but you can't expect a store to import something for you and take the risk of offering to take it back for free. Most people are gonna be aware you can get them cheaper from the Chinese sellers if you want. Not like you're the only one to figure that out.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12828 posts
1629 upvotes
Toronto
Ncix return policy isn't that great. Any opened or used products suffer from restocking fees and some items are non returnable and no exchange.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3876 posts
2367 upvotes
Burnaby
Service network
Please send email to info@xiaomi-mi.ca if you have general questions
For warranty service follow the instructions:
• Check your Serial Number
• Submit online support request if your serial is in our Database
• Online tech support will work with you to resolve the issue
• If issue cannot be resolved online warranty service authorization will be provided by online tech support
• Send your device to PiPO Canada Authorized Service Center
Customer will pay for shipping to Service Center
PiPo Canada will pay for shipping your device after warranty service
Note: Warranty authorization number should be easy readable on shipping package and located under the shipping address
Shipping will not be accepted by Service without warranty authorization number
iRepair.ca is an authorized Service Center for products sold by Xiaomi Canada
Address: 2109 Yonge St. Toronto
ON M4S 2A4
Phone: (416) 840-4465

Disclaimer: Warranty service is provided for devices purchased in this store only.
There is a xiaomi authorized service center within Canada, but I'm not 100% sure the products sold by NCIX will be serviced in Canada (it might still be necessary to ship them to China to have them serviced under warranty, as it's the case with the direct imports). Check here: http://www.xiaomi-mi.ca/contact/service_network.html

Xiomi-Canada website: http://www.xiaomi-mi.ca/
Alvord wrote:
May 2nd, 2015 1:13 pm
This is a surprise for me..

http://search.ncix.com/search/?qcatid=0&q=Xiaomi+