Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Xiaomi Xiaoyi WiFi IP Camera 720p Night Vision version

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2016 12:39 am
Mar 6, 2012
60 posts
15 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

[NCIX] Xiaomi Xiaoyi WiFi IP Camera 720p Night Vision version

NCIX has this ip camera with $19.99 off for $39.99. Note this is the Night Vision version on sale.
Chinese User Manual only according to description.
Still, it may be a good alternative for a budget ip camera.
Mind that you will be hit with Electronics Recycling Fee of $5.
84 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4016 posts
3367 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Bought the night version in China at for around $20 CAD last year.
I would have expected them to come up with a new version by now...
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7649 upvotes
Kanata
Jimboski wrote: I wonder how cheap this is outside of the North American retail markets. Like possibly getting it from eBay, AliExpress, and (insert Asian electronic websites).
It's about the same price if you get the xiaomi branded one. There are others that look the same and the cost varies for those.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1068 posts
167 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I wonder how cheap this is outside of the North American retail markets. Like possibly getting it from eBay, AliExpress, and (insert Asian electronic websites).
I've been looking into buying one recently, the cheapest I could find is $29.98 usd at everbuying. http://m.everbuying.net/product933883.html
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
I have the night vision version of this camera. Bought it off AliExpress, it was the Chinese version so I had to download the Chinese apk (which is actually in English).

Great camera, records on a microSD and can be accessed remotely from anywhere since the camera is connected to Xiaomi servers in Canada. The 2 way function is amazing. I have it looking outside, but it can be a great device for home monitoring with the alerts option or even a baby monitor.
Dec 29, 2013
17 posts
25 upvotes
Kitchener
I have this camera, it's good but you'll want the North American version.

If you get the Chinese version the timezone is hard-coded to Hong Kong, it speaks in Chinese to you and you can't use the Google Play app, instead you need to install the Chinese ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2154 posts
212 upvotes
I bought two at NCIX and just set it up, most functions are working other than not able to remotely snap a picture.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
does it support recording to NAS for remote viewing?
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I considered this camera but I didn't like being tied to Xiaomi servers and software. I prefer cameras I can access through browsers and 3rd party Android apps. I have different brands and don't want to switch apps to view cameras. I also like to do my own port forwarding now that I finally figured it out. I've tried Foscam c1 and c1 lite. When pointing outside you don't need night vision which won't work through glass. Therefore c1 lite is a good solution at a reasonable price. $60 on Amazon.ca.
Jun 17, 2015
139 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I want to use this as a puppy cam. Viewing from my Android phone remotely. Does it work?
Dec 23, 2007
577 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Will this take a lot of bandwidth? We are 50GB away from our internet limit (400GB) will that be safe to add that on top of the usage?
Aug 2, 2008
457 posts
86 upvotes
marcanthonynoz wrote: I want to use this as a puppy cam. Viewing from my Android phone remotely. Does it work?
Yup, we have one set up in the house when we're away as a security/cat watching cam. Pretty happy with it, haven't had any issues with it (or any xiaomi stuff for that matter)
Jun 17, 2015
139 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
atscaper wrote: Yup, we have one set up in the house when we're away as a security/cat watching cam. Pretty happy with it, haven't had any issues with it (or any xiaomi stuff for that matter)
But what Android app do I use if it's not in English? Do you have a link to the apk?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
so the one ncix selling is CN or international ?
Banned
Sep 24, 2014
523 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
marcanthonynoz wrote: I want to use this as a puppy cam. Viewing from my Android phone remotely. Does it work?
That's what I view mine for. I have this night version cam. Works good. Can even call your dog through the microphone.
BUT I also have the chinese version. It may be difficult to set up (but possible) if you're not mandarin speaking. They have an app that works for Apple, but nothing on Google play. And, downloading the apk requires hardcore privacy privileges for android apk.
Banned
Sep 24, 2014
523 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
redkulat wrote: I have the night vision version of this camera. Bought it off AliExpress, it was the Chinese version so I had to download the Chinese apk (which is actually in English).

Great camera, records on a microSD and can be accessed remotely from anywhere since the camera is connected to Xiaomi servers in Canada. The 2 way function is amazing. I have it looking outside, but it can be a great device for home monitoring with the alerts option or even a baby monitor.
Have you gotten your motion detect notification to work reliably? I've not been able to have it work in my Apple iTunes downloaded app.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1794 posts
631 upvotes
Mississauga
guessguy wrote: does it support recording to NAS for remote viewing?
no out-of-the-box support. however it can be hacked to support RTSP streaming. I run a cron job on my NAS box to pull the RTSP streams via vlc.
Jun 17, 2015
139 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
crichdr wrote: That's what I view mine for. I have this night version cam. Works good. Can even call your dog through the microphone.
BUT I also have the chinese version. It may be difficult to set up (but possible) if you're not mandarin speaking. They have an app that works for Apple, but nothing on Google play. And, downloading the apk requires hardcore privacy privileges for android apk.

Yeah I don't speak Mandarin for sure lol. Is this the Chinese version or English version?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)