Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

NCIX: Zotac GT 430 700MHZ 1GB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 2xDVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card $30 AR

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2012 1:49 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

[NCIX] NCIX: Zotac GT 430 700MHZ 1GB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 2xDVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card $30 AR

NCIX has this low profile 1 GB Zotac GT 430 for $29.99 after a $20 MIR. None in the stores, so ordering for ISPU and waiting will be necessary. Reviews often rank the GT 430 above the GT 520 and 6450 in tests of video performance, and it's faster for moderate gaming. If you don't plan to game and just need a card for basic HTPC use or general use, then I'd get a 520 or 6450 for $20 at NCIX and save the $$. If you want to squeeze out some WOW on a budget and need better performance from your Home Theatre system then this might do the job.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... omoid=1088
9 replies
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
Turd card. Absolutely useless. If you plan to use it for an HTPC, integrated graphics will work just fine. Scrape a few more bucks and get a 7770 or something if you need a card. High power, low consumption.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
PozzyD wrote: Turd card. Absolutely useless. If you plan to use it for an HTPC, integrated graphics will work just fine. Scrape a few more bucks and get a 7770 or something if you need a card. High power, low consumption.
Out for a midnight troll are we?
If you are serious, you are recommending that the better alternative to this kind of card is a $120 gaming card? That's not even an apples and oranges comparison, that's an apples and watermelons comparison. Not everyone wants to play cutting edge games and some of those people's primary interest is using their computer to play media on their home theater with some semblance of video quality. Many on boards are barely adequate for that job. Then there are the people with an older computer that want to do a minimal upgrade just to get a bit more functionality out of it. They don't want to spend $100+ and they certainly don't want to put another $30-$40 out for a Power supply upgrade to run that $100 card.
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll. A 7770 can easily be had for 80 bucks. Being on a budget doesn't mean investing in crap when you could have infinitely better for a few dollars more.

And like sad, Sandybridge and beyond already equivalent to this basically. You should be using a 2100 for an HTPC anyway. Better to invest in that.
Feb 1, 2009
650 posts
108 upvotes
PozzyD wrote: Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll.
True, but you didn't only disagree in your initial answer, you were stating false things:
PozzyD wrote: Turd card. Absolutely useless. If you plan to use it for an HTPC, integrated graphics will work just fine. Scrape a few more bucks and get a 7770 or something if you need a card. High power, low consumption.
It can be used, as stated by idiotcanuck, on older computers as a nice upgrade for cheap. Obviously, for a HTPC, you want a fanless card, though. But for an older computer you want to turn into a simple gaming computer for the kids, it's a great card. Not everyone needs a $1500 gaming computer, there are computers you can get for less than $500 and that actually are gaming machines, as they fit the gaming needs of the customer.
"a few more bucks and get a 7770" => well...I don't call more than twice the price (while on sale) "a few more bucks".
Is this a great gaming card? No. Is this a card for a new HTPC machine? No. Does this make it a "Turd card. Absolutely useless"?...

edit:
PozzyD wrote: And like sad, Sandybridge and beyond already equivalent to this basically.
Really?
[IMG]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i5 ... 0_1050.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i5 ... 0_1050.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i5 ... erfrel.gif[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
PozzyD wrote: Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll. A 7770 can easily be had for 80 bucks. Being on a budget doesn't mean investing in crap when you could have infinitely better for a few dollars more.

And like sad, Sandybridge and beyond already equivalent to this basically. You should be using a 2100 for an HTPC anyway. Better to invest in that.

OK if that wasn't your intention, I take back the troll part. The inflammatory language "Turd card. Absolutely useless" made it seem like you were just well ... you know. Otherwise you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.
Mar 19, 2003
421 posts
79 upvotes
Hmm... this is tempting. I have an on board 6150 that barely plays 480p you tube videos without stuttering. Now I just need to decide whether or not to move my old gpu to that rig and upgrade my main, or get something like this. Thanks OP/
Apr 8, 2010
831 posts
285 upvotes
London
This is a turd comment. Not all IGPUs bitstream DTS-HD. If you indulged in the Steam summer sale, then this is the sort of card for a second PC for the kids or in the living room.
idiotcanuck wrote: OK if that wasn't your intention, I take back the troll part. The inflammatory language "Turd card. Absolutely useless" made it seem like you were just well ... you know. Otherwise you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.
No, no, you were right the first time. He be trollin'.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)