Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[NCL] Kids, Friends and Family sail free

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2015 9:56 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 21, 2009
251 posts
41 upvotes
Just got back from a 7 day alaska cruise, 3 people, initially lvl 9 inside stateroom cost 1998 CAD.
3 days before the sailing day, travel agents called about an upgrade to a balcony on the same floor starboard side for 300 CAD extra which I took.
Overall pretty good experience, but adding excursions cost, various onboard cost (photo, game show, specialty resturant, drinks, etc), easily surpass 1500 per head so a bit pricey than I initially thought would be.
But considering that I literally see people staying in the buffet eating all day long, I don't think the base price ($2300) is a lot.
Would recommend NCL.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
I posted the following comments on cruisecritic about the steak on getaway.

Am I allowed to link to my post on the cruisecritic forum here?
  • The striploin steak is a thick cut served with garlic butter! If you're Canadian, I'd say that it's just a touch under the Keg's quality. I had it 3 times and it wasn't always cooked perfectly. Order it one level rarer than you normally would. It's worth putting on proper clothes for. The steak at the buffet is not this thick nor is it made to order.
  • Cagneys - The steak was definitely better quality than the MDR (and even a step up from the Keg) and there were two servers per table. The service was quick at the 6pm seating but… the shrimp cocktail sauce was basically ketchup and the sides were a disaster. The sides were all made to order so they presented well compared to the MDR sides which are usually cut out of a larger portion but the Cagney sides fell short of expectations after that. The gratin potatoes were swimming in roux. Cagney fries were meh. Beets were gross. Given the experience with the starters and sides, I'd only come back if I fell into some money. If my parents came with me, there's no way I'd pay cover charge for four people there.
  • Cagneys - cover charge includes unlimited starters, 1 main, unlimited sides and unlimited dessert. If you want a second main, it'll cost you an extra $10. 2x 18oz ribeye steak for $40? Hmm.. Challenge.. Accepted?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
ShadowMordor wrote: Finally showered?
If you've taken a cruise with ncl, you would know the context of "washy washy happy happy". If you watch their crew talent night, you should stay for the end as they perform the signature ncl water fountain skit. It's hilarious for those watching it for the first time! :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)