• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2012 1:07 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 8, 2001
306 posts
23 upvotes

Nearest Costco in the US to Buffalo

Hi all, I'm having trouble finding a Costco closest to Buffalo, wondering if anyone knew which one was closest. I'm planning a trip down to change the tires on my gf's car (their website is showing $70.99 in the US and $109.99 in Canada for the same tire, so we figure we could make a day out of it. Just wondering if anyone knew which one was closest so I can call ahead and book an appointment and make sure they have the tires in stock. Thanks in advance.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
13 replies
Aug 22, 2003
15531 posts
957 upvotes
Niagara Falls
There isn't one. All the Costco's in NY state in the NYC area.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2001
306 posts
23 upvotes
^^that's what it looked like to me too. But I wasn't sure if something just wasn't right. Okay, so does anyone know which part of Detroit is the nicest? haha.. .they have 10 or so costco's around, Detroit isn't exactly known to be a pretty city. Thanks in advance.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Aug 8, 2009
113 posts
12 upvotes
So which would be the closest Costco from Buffalo, Niagara Falls NY area? And how long does it take to get there from the border?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
16446 posts
2172 upvotes
Thornhill
dc88 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 11:04 am
So which would be the closest Costco from Buffalo, Niagara Falls NY area? And how long does it take to get there from the border?
If you go to the Costco website, it would tell you the closest to Buffalo in Wharton, http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/Warehou ... Number=315

Then using Google maps, you would find that it would be at least 350 miles from the border, http://goo.gl/maps/kJhYJ
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1690 posts
18 upvotes
Oakville
JetLi wrote:
Nov 7th, 2007 4:24 pm
^^that's what it looked like to me too. But I wasn't sure if something just wasn't right. Okay, so does anyone know which part of Detroit is the nicest? haha.. .they have 10 or so costco's around, Detroit isn't exactly known to be a pretty city. Thanks in advance.
if u want the 'nicest ones'...shelby or madison heights are the nicer ones from what i recall
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3329 posts
382 upvotes
Valleywood
JetLi wrote:
Take the 402 to Sarnia to cross into Port Huron. Head to Utica for the closest Costco. This keeps you out of Detroit and is probably quicker.

45460 Market Street
Shelby Township, MI 48315, United States
(586) 580-2003
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
16446 posts
2172 upvotes
Thornhill
Piro21 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 11:59 am
Isn't there one in Rochester?
Not according to their locator. It's interesting that there isn't a single Costo west of Wharton, which is pretty far east. The locator doesn't even list American Costco's if you search for western/central New York towns/cities, they only list Canadian Costcos, even as far as Syracuse.
May 22, 2012
208 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 12:04 pm
Not according to their locator. It's interesting that there isn't a single Costo west of Wharton, which is pretty far east. The locator doesn't even list American Costco's if you search for western/central New York towns/cities, they only list Canadian Costcos, even as far as Syracuse.
My Grandparents live in Henrietta and they shop at BJs, which is just like a costco. But i don't think they sell tires.

Can you shop in an American Coscto with a canadian membership?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5197 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
JetLi wrote:
Kinda not worth the savings then if you're going further to Michigan?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1485 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
MS MSP wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 12:51 pm
Yes.

I've shopped in Californa, Hawaii and Las Vegas with my Canadian Costco membership
You can also renew your membership. I don't pay the HST, whenever I renew in new hamsphire, which doesn't have any sales tax.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4203 upvotes
If you go to Michigan you end up spending more on gas to get you there than you save on tires if you bought them locally.

Then there's always the potential your GF wants to go outlet shopping while you're there so you'll be out even more money.
× < >