None
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto

Need advice on a Banana Republic substitute

Hello noobs.

Need advice on a substitute for Banana Republic. I've been wearing Banana Republic (Monogram) slim fit dress pants for the longest time. I have noticed over the past couple of years that the quality has completely deteriorated.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? I really liked BR for it's fit. I can wear it right off the rack. I'm looking for dress pants that have a similar fit like the slim fit line at BR.

Thanks in advance.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
Okay first, calling people noobs and then expect them to answer you is fail #1. Secondly, expecting noobs to give you advice you can count on is fail #2, and finally why do you need advice from noobs if you're so gosu? Fail#3! :confused: :razz:

Anyway..

For the type of trendy fashion forward at a affordable prices stuff such as BR, I would suggest you try Jcrew, Zara, Tristan, Mexx (maybe? I personally don't buy their stuff so I can't attest to their quality), Express (same with mexx i assume they're decent but they're probably not) and club monaco to name a few.

Also out of curiousity, how do you take care of your pants? Maybe there are things you can do to extend their life. But these days at BR price level you're not gonna get great quality.
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
kazkira wrote: Okay first, calling people noobs and then expect them to answer you is fail #1. Secondly, expecting noobs to give you advice you can count on is fail #2, and finally why do you need advice from noobs if you're so gosu? Fail#3! :confused: :razz:

Anyway..

For the type of trendy fashion forward at a affordable prices stuff such as BR, I would suggest you try Jcrew, Zara, Tristan, Mexx (maybe? I personally don't buy their stuff so I can't attest to their quality), Express (same with mexx i assume they're decent but they're probably not) and club monaco to name a few.

Also out of curiousity, how do you take care of your pants? Maybe there are things you can do to extend their life. But these days at BR price level you're not gonna get great quality.

Thanks. BR quality used to be pretty good. I just noticed in the past few years it's deteriorated. One example is a hem completely coming undone. Another example are loops of threads that are suddenly coming loose. I even go to the store and if they have multiple copies of my size, I will compare the pants against each other. You can see where the stitching is different, and in some cases sloppy compared to the others.

I know Hugo Boss has a slim fit line but I don't want to spend crazy money. I'll probably just have to accept the fact that BR has so many 40% off sales that you get what you pay for.

P.S. If you look at my other posts, I call everyone noobs. It's a term of endearment. :razz:
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1536 posts
778 upvotes
diggler649 wrote: Thanks. BR quality used to be pretty good. I just noticed in the past few years it's deteriorated. One example is a hem completely coming undone. Another example are loops of threads that are suddenly coming loose. I even go to the store and if they have multiple copies of my size, I will compare the pants against each other. You can see where the stitching is different, and in some cases sloppy compared to the others.

I know Hugo Boss has a slim fit line but I don't want to spend crazy money. I'll probably just have to accept the fact that BR has so many 40% off sales that you get what you pay for.

P.S. If you look at my other posts, I call everyone noobs. It's a term of endearment. :razz:

yah that's pretty bad, I never like the Gap company's stuff, they have been going consistently downhill for a while now. Definitely try Tristan. They have some nice slim dress pants around BR's price. Also they're made in Canada or at least they claim they are so that's always a plus. I buy a lot of pants from them and their quality is decent. I also almost never wash them either :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Brook Brothers ?? Unlikey BR, the BB quality seems to be there still.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)