• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 2:03 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2004
234 posts
55 upvotes
asrm wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:32 pm
An important question - where do you need the couch for? For my Family room, I wanted fabric so it can be comfortable and cozy the thought of cold leather in winter (which is 7-8 months for us here in Toronto) cringed me.

Fabric feels good with the disadvantage of getting dirty but for that I took their extended warranty.
I researched and then picked their 3 x 3 couch which had very low profile (meaning no big rolled arms), lesser width and high back. Plus it is a recliner which nobody could figure out when they first see it. According to science and studies, a Slouchy Sofa can cause many problems including indigestion.
Family room. Yes, warmth of fabric is exactly the reason why we are considering them as well. You also hit the nail on the head with the slouchy sofa. I really want to avoid those (the ones that expect you to be using big cushions). The wife prefers to have a corner chaise to put up her legs, but I'd rather have recliners with good back support (like some of the La-Z-Boy or Ekornes stuff).

Thanks for the info.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2004
234 posts
55 upvotes
Keelie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:54 am
Costco.ca site, and finally took the plunge. I did not want leather due to having a cat, but went with a very modern fabric set
We like the warmth of fabric and the contemporary design of many of them look very nice. It seems 95% of the sofas on Costco.ca are leather. Which fabric set did you buy?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5699 posts
275 upvotes
BC
puckhead wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:43 pm
We like the warmth of fabric and the contemporary design of many of them look very nice. It seems 95% of the sofas on Costco.ca are leather. Which fabric set did you buy?
The Kallie set... the bad reviews are because of feathers popping out, I'm ok with that as I've had feather fill before and it can happen.

I also sent away for a swatch of the fabric, its really nice.
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Nov 22, 2004
234 posts
55 upvotes
Nice set and price. Thanks for reminding me that Costco is an option and about the availability of swatches to choose from.