Need advice on Early Childhood Assistant diploma/job market

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 3:35 pm
Jan 2, 2018
23 posts
2 upvotes

Need advice on Early Childhood Assistant diploma/job market

Hi all,
Please advise on how is the job market/prospects for ECA certification in Mississauga/Ontario. Do you think we have good no of jobs available and easy to get one?
7 replies
Jun 1, 2008
721 posts
245 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Get an ECE. ECA's are worthless.
Jan 2, 2018
23 posts
2 upvotes
Interesting!
We were told by the training instructors that very little difference between the 2 ;)
Aug 2, 2012
692 posts
264 upvotes
canadian2018 wrote: Interesting!
We were told by the training instructors that very little difference between the 2 ;)
Training instructors where? A private career college, possibly?
Jun 1, 2008
721 posts
245 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You'll do the same thing but ECEs are paid more and have to get licensed by their College. ECEs are taught more and have a better grasp of teaching and learning styles to cater to children.

If you want to take an ECA course at the very least take it at Humber, Seneca or Centennial. Not a private career college.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
ECE is the same as a babysitter. Only you’ll get taxed for it. It’s useless in terms of employment income.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1803 posts
851 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
To be completely honest, I would avoid it if possible. Career earnings max out just below 40k/yr.
Dec 18, 2017
305 posts
49 upvotes
Came across some Peel licensed trainings for ECA for 9 months duration costing around $5000 with placement assistance/somewhat guarantee and they claim that they also have a strong KPI to prove to Govt on these trainings.
Is it useful or useless assuming I am not expecting more than 40k annual pay??
I mean the question is, how easy or difficult to find a job with this credential these days?