Fashion & Beauty

Need Advice on High-end Single Vision Eyeglass Lenses

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2012 12:50 am
Feb 3, 2004
837 posts
115 upvotes

Need Advice on High-end Single Vision Eyeglass Lenses

I am doing as much research on my own as possible, but it's hard to find any concrete info and opinions among stores/opticians.

Basically, I am looking for the top-end SV clear lenses for my astigmatic prescription:

R Sphere -6.25, Cyl -2.50, Axis 180
L Sphere -4.50, Cyl -2.75, Axis 180

I've been told that Nikon Seemax is the very best for me given my astigmatism, while others say I should go with the Essilor Linein or the Varilux f-360.

Some say 1.67 is good enough, while others lean towards the 1.74. Price isn't a big issue for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth the higher index at my prescription.

No matter which store I go to, everyone has a different opinion of which lenses are best. I don't know if that's due to their own lab costs, but I'm now trying to find out some more information so that *I* can make the best decision of which lens to get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ʎq ʇɐolɟ spnolɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuıɥɔʇɐʍ ʎllnɟǝɔɐǝd ʎʞs ǝɥʇ.
3 replies
Jan 9, 2009
382 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
People are going to have different opinions because each place generally carries only a certain make.

In terms of SV lenses you're probably going to be hard pressed to find a discernible difference between the design of the SV lens. If there is any difference, more than likely it's because the lab tech didn't get your prescription to the T of your axis or PD.

If thickness is going to be an issue for you then 1.74 would definitely be a great choice.

I hope this helps.
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
36 upvotes
Find high-end single vision eyeglass lenses at visionsofcanada.com. I hope that you will get those lenses in cheaper price from that website.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Unless you plan to keep the pair for a long time, you wouldn't get your moneys worth spending on lens.

For your prescription, you would find the 1.74 is lighter and required if going with a full/semi frameless design.

As for lens, don't think you can find too much difference between them, I think it really comes down to the coating.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)