Personal Finance

Need Advice to pay house Rent using CRedit card and get CB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2020 9:47 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
12 posts

Need Advice to pay house Rent using CRedit card and get CB

Hi guys.. I just got scotia mementum visa with 2% CB card.. I pay house rent of 1600$.. which site can be used to get highest cashback? Paytm asks for 1.75% upfront.. heard about GetDigs.. also how do I know paying rent via these sites make me eligible for 2% cb and not 1%. Since new to Canada and don’t have high salary, they just approved this card and 4% one..
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1160 posts
1226 upvotes
BC
You're not likely getting any benefit trying to use a credit card:

#1. What landlord accepts paying house rent with a Credit card when the credit card company charges the merchant an annual fee plus 2% of the transaction amount? If they do accept it, they will charge the fees back to you if you don't pay with cheque or cash.
#2. Payment processor will charge a fee. Read your credit card agreement as to what you transactions get you 2% vs. 1% or 0%.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6161 posts
1733 upvotes
Markham
Usually landlords only accept cash and cheque.

Check with your landlord before set up credit card
Apr 7, 2019
561 posts
707 upvotes
SandyCanada wrote: Hi guys.. I just got scotia mementum visa with 2% CB card.. I pay house rent of 1600$.. which site can be used to get highest cashback? Paytm asks for 1.75% upfront.. heard about GetDigs.. also how do I know paying rent via these sites make me eligible for 2% cb and not 1%. Since new to Canada and don’t have high salary, they just approved this card and 4% one..
Sign up for getDigs if your landlord accepts e-transfers. getDigs is setup as recurring bill and they will charge 1% service fees. You will end up getting 1% net cashback ( after service fees). Also if possible then upgrade to Scotia Visa Infinite Momentum. You will get 3% net cashback.
Apr 7, 2019
561 posts
707 upvotes
WetCoastGuy wrote: You're not likely getting any benefit trying to use a credit card:

#1. What landlord accepts paying house rent with a Credit card when the credit card company charges the merchant an annual fee plus 2% of the transaction amount? If they do accept it, they will charge the fees back to you if you don't pay with cheque or cash.
#2. Payment processor will charge a fee. Read your credit card agreement as to what you transactions get you 2% vs. 1% or 0%.
Perhaps you are not acquainted with services like getDigs.