Home & Garden

Need Advice on Wardrobe System from IKEA (Pax vs. Hopen)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2005 1:01 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1308 posts
48 upvotes

Need Advice on Wardrobe System from IKEA (Pax vs. Hopen)

So we renovated our house and i need a wardrobe system for my new room.
i'm debating between creating it with IKEA's PAX system or their HOPEN system.

Wardrobes

The PAX one has an online builder tool where you can customize what you want.
Anyone have any experience on any of the two?
good quality?
and what are the main differences between the two systems because they both have i think the same interior accesories to choose from?!?
any help would be appreciated.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7397 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the PAX cabinet that's designed as a computer space. It has two shelves on the top that I put the printers on, a main desktop for the monitor, and a sliding keyboard tray. Overall, it's a well-built system (which also depends on your ability to assemble it together, of course). The quality is great. I can see it lasting for years.

The main difference between PAX and HOPEN is the door options. You get several choices with PAX, but HOPEN only comes in one style (but you decide if it's frosted glass or solid white). The choice between the two mainly depends on your tastes and decor.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1308 posts
48 upvotes
Bordello wrote:I have the PAX cabinet that's designed as a computer space. It has two shelves on the top that I put the printers on, a main desktop for the monitor, and a sliding keyboard tray. Overall, it's a well-built system (which also depends on your ability to assemble it together, of course). The quality is great. I can see it lasting for years.

The main difference between PAX and HOPEN is the door options. You get several choices with PAX, but HOPEN only comes in one style (but you decide if it's frosted glass or solid white). The choice between the two mainly depends on your tastes and decor.
thx, i think i'll stick with the PAX because it has more felxibility and it has a birch color option which is going to match my other furniture i will be purchasing.