Computers & Electronics

Need Cable internet in Ontario, am I stuck with Rogers?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2011 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 29, 2008
634 posts
92 upvotes

Need Cable internet in Ontario, am I stuck with Rogers?

Just moved recently and tried to get internet from Bell. They said because my house has a really old phone line, the speed is capped out at 1.5MB/s.

So I'm guessing all other companies that provide internet via a phone line will give me around the same speed, is that correct?

Is Rogers the only company that offers CABLE internet in Ontario? (I'm in Ottawa)

thanks
11 replies
Jul 12, 2011
122 posts
30 upvotes
TORONTO
Shady_Dealer wrote: Is Rogers the only company that offers CABLE internet in Ontario? (I'm in Ottawa)
thanks

Hi Shady_Dealer

There are a number of ISPs that provide cable Internet service. You will need to visit their website to see if it is available in your area.

Distributel
TekSavvy
Acanac

Just to name a few.

Good luck,
- Bizfuel
Bizfuel.ca - Fuel Your Business [Toronto Business and Technology Blog]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
Don't forget Teksavvy!!! On their cable right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2008
4945 posts
81 upvotes
York Region
teksavvy. :)
Network Architect/Engineer - I.T. Professional
CCNP ENARSI
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1467 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
+2 for Teksavvy cable. Cheaper than Rogers and a far bigger cap (or unlimited).
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Are you in Toronto? I think Teksavvy is closed to new customers.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
diggler649 wrote: Are you in Toronto? I think Teksavvy is closed to new customers.

There is a temporary hold on new sign ups and its in 1 or 2 areas I think so it should not effect all of Toronto.
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
sickcars wrote: There is a temporary hold on new sign ups and its in 1 or 2 areas I think so it should not effect all of Toronto.
I'm one of the lucky ones who couldn't sign up with TSI. Had to end up going with Rogers for a 12 month contract. At least there's the 50% off for 6 month promotion going on, plus the $50 in-store credit so the price was reasonable. Caps suck though.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1467 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
diggler649 wrote: I'm one of the lucky ones who couldn't sign up with TSI. Had to end up going with Rogers for a 12 month contract. At least there's the 50% off for 6 month promotion going on, plus the $50 in-store credit so the price was reasonable. Caps suck though.

Signups should be opened back up with Teksavvy soon: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r262475 ... e-Schedule

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)