Need a car detailer for exsmoker!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2010 10:10 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2008
1 posts
toronto

Need a car detailer for exsmoker!

I quit smoking after 10 years...and my car still smells horrendous! I need a GREAT interior car detailer! preferably in brampton...and I need it ASAP! north york or scarborough will do too!
11 replies
Dec 9, 2007
536 posts
213 upvotes
Save your money...Buy another car... You will never get rid of the smell by cleaning or detailing.

I purchased my truck used, only had about 2000km on it. The guy who owned the truck enjoyed smoking in it... Over 50,000km on it and years later I still smell weed in my truck after the vehicle has been sitting out in the sun for a couple minutes. Yes, only after a couple minutes..In the winter I don't really notice the smell.

I would try an ozone machine or if your brave, stick it in the oven at a paint shop..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7688 posts
779 upvotes
North York
If OP want to cut down on the smell, a good detailer would work.

If OP want to ELIMINATE the smell, then it is impossible as previously posted.
Oct 24, 2008
390 posts
39 upvotes
Arviat
ill do it for u it will take me 15 hours and a pressure washer, and 400 bottles of odour remover lol. JK here are some tips to try to get rid of the smell. 1st take all possible seats out, open all doors, clean all garbage out, take carpets out and pressure washer clean them, clean all the windows inside, your sun visor and ceiling of the car hold a lot of odour so if the fabric is not delicate tru to get a vaccum tip that cant damage it and vacumm it so it takes out dust(dust holds odour), go to Canadian Tire and buy Siminoz Odour Remover. Spray that odour remover on the sun visors and ceiling and other surfances. Get armor all cleaning wipes and use it on every surface. Vacuum every seat. Anyways all this should take u an Entire day and take most of the smell out. A detailer chares 180 bucks for a good job, but to fully clean ur car it will be big bucks !!!! Hope my tips help :)
Dec 29, 2005
468 posts
7 upvotes
I got my cars smoke smell removed recently, it cost me about 150, with a full interior detail and ozone machine, its muchhhhhhh better then it was originally, u can barely smell it, everyone has noticed the difference, I believe the previous owner of my car was a cigar smoker, but I am very happy with the work!!
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
there are permanent systems out there for smoke removal, you just need to find a detailer who has one
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
34286 posts
8115 upvotes
Ottawa
There are lots of places that can get the smoke odor out. Most if not all professional detailers can do it. They do it for dealers all the time on trade ins etc.
Even building restoration companies will work on it. They specialize in restoring buildings and even furniture after fires. Check the yellow pages in your area and call them. if they don't do it they should be able to tell you who they send their customers vehicles to.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5782 posts
466 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
sickcars wrote: I would msg this guy. Hes pretty good from what I hear.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/members/m4gician-56244/

I sold my "business" doing this, but I can try my best to help. Removing odors is VERY difficult. Heh, most interior jobs I've done I only typically take on during the summer just to help dry everything. One thing that might HELP is if you wanted to get it steam cleaned and get all of your carpets extracted. That might help, but it really is hard...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
100 upvotes
My brother bought a BMW lease return that had been used by a smoker and then sanitized by professional cleaners. It stank of cleaning fluid with an undertone of cigarette smoke whenever the windows were closed for the entire 4 years that he owned it.

The Mythbusters did a TV segment on whether it was possible to remove the odor of a dead body from a car interior (they used a dead pig of course). Several professional detailers were confident that they could get the smell out. They all failed. In the end they concluded that the only way was to strip it to the bare metal and replace all the fabric, vinyl, leather plastic and rubber.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5782 posts
466 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Aske001 wrote: My brother bought a BMW lease return that had been used by a smoker and then sanitized by professional cleaners. It stank of cleaning fluid with an undertone of cigarette smoke whenever the windows were closed for the entire 4 years that he owned it.

The Mythbusters did a TV segment
on whether it was possible to remove the odor of a dead body from a car interior (they used a dead pig of course). Several professional detailers were confident that they could get the smell out. They all failed. In the end they concluded that the only way was to strip it to the bare metal and replace all the fabric, vinyl, leather plastic and rubber.

That's true they did. It's doable, not practical.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/mTnfD.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2251 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am not sure but I heard Leaving a few boxes of baking soda/powder in the car over night or couple days with the windows closed if you don't use the car and the smell would go away, not 100% but it helps alot.

or sprinkle them on the carpet (cloths seats of you have).